Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
I joined right after the fight, I am the biggest lacy fan on this site STILL!! and I thought Jeff would bounce him around the ring like a basketball.. You have to remember before the fight, Joe was sheltered and was rematching guys like Veit, he was oft injured and if memory serves me correct he delayed the Lacy fight once already.. So even if Lacy was half of the hype he still had a great chance against a brittled hand padded champion that was supposedly afraid to fly and was content with fighting mediocre opponents...

I will say it took me to the Kessler fight to be a fan of Joe's, but even after the Lacy fight everyone thought he would step it up because he didnt have to many great fights left, then he fights Bika and Manfredo.. Most of his loyal fans were groaning over this..

Everyone who thinks Joe is gonna steamroll over Jones better reconsider.. Roy is the stronger quick handed fighter.. Joe can flurry with pitter patter Jones is a crisp accurate puncher to the likes Joe has never seen before, Roy has also been great about fighting off the ropes of late and firing in good body shots and uppercuts.. Joe dosent have a stellar defense and if Hop can put him on his ass with a right you best believe Jones can do the same.. Joe eats a steady diet of straight rights and Jones will be the chef. Gonna be a close one. We have seen Roy turn human already a few years back and be effective, I hope at 37 Joe dosent slip seeing fighters have been known to get tired in a round

Agree 100% and i got a funny feeling that Jones could well stop Calzaghe...
Jones is Dangerous for a good few rounds and no way is this an easy fight at all.
Jones has more power and Joe can't hurt him at all,both have pretty equal skill too so this is a great matchup for me and it doesn't matter that they are meeting late in their careers as it's the same for both fighter.
This couls all hinge on Roy's fitness