Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Best Ways To Add Weight

Okay folks, continuing in the theme of weight. We have had safe and not so safe way to lose weight threads. This is preparation for upcoming matches, and have gotten some really good stuff.

Now it is time to look at how best to gain weight. The time frame, roughly 3 weeks. The amount of weight 6-9lbs. 9 being optimal.

Basically sitting round 156lbs right now, and hoping to get to 165, but close will be good also. This is basically a 12lb increase from 153 and a weight in for a fight within a month.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Best Ways To Add Weight

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Okay folks, continuing in the theme of weight. We have had safe and not so safe way to lose weight threads. This is preparation for upcoming matches, and have gotten some really good stuff.

Now it is time to look at how best to gain weight. The time frame, roughly 3 weeks. The amount of weight 6-9lbs. 9 being optimal.

Basically sitting round 156lbs right now, and hoping to get to 165, but close will be good also. This is basically a 12lb increase from 153 and a weight in for a fight within a month.

Thoughts?
    Eat like a horse my man, while keeping up your conditioning and incorporating more weights into your routine. If you had longer i'd say do a bulking/cutting phase, but there is no time to regain a small fitness loss. Just eat eat eat (healthy foods of course) with a fair amount of protein. Also make sure you work your quad during every weights session to help with your gaining. Your going to have to gain some fat here, but your also going to put on muscle.
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beef Stew and lasagna in sizable amounts, as I was told repeatedly when I was a kid, and it turned out to be scientifically true,that will put meat on your bones

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

C'mon guys n gals, chip in and help me get fat. You helped me get skinny.

So far, I am at 158. I have done a few sprints...zero other running. A bit of light weights, but not too much...mainly on quads as Salty suggested, or a few lower rep routines. Legs are something I want to work on anyway for power.

Been eating big breakfasts...like say 3 eggs, toast, oatmeal, hashbrowns. Orange juice, milk.

Lunches are big and varied, fair amount of carbs. Big supper....then big meal closer to bed. Lots of snacks.

I suppose this would be more effective if I didn't workout at all, but then I run the risk of not being physically at peak condition come fight time.

Is this possible I wonder, to get to 165lbs? 2 weeks to go...and I've never been that weight. Maybe as high as 161.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can give you some compound lift exercises if you want (snatch, clean and press, dumbbell swings) which do your whole body, while helping build power and strength. Maybe take this opportunity to bulk up your shoulders/upper back a bit?

I think I've put on a kg or two in the last couple of weeks as I've been sitting on my ass studying. Anyone else found studying makes you bloody hungry? I've been snacking on almonds trying to be healthy, but the quantity i have consumed can not be good for you
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

C'mon guys n gals, chip in and help me get fat. You helped me get skinny.

So far, I am at 158. I have done a few sprints...zero other running. A bit of light weights, but not too much...mainly on quads as Salty suggested, or a few lower rep routines. Legs are something I want to work on anyway for power.

Been eating big breakfasts...like say 3 eggs, toast, oatmeal, hashbrowns. Orange juice, milk.

Lunches are big and varied, fair amount of carbs. Big supper....then big meal closer to bed. Lots of snacks.

I suppose this would be more effective if I didn't workout at all, but then I run the risk of not being physically at peak condition come fight time.

Is this possible I wonder, to get to 165lbs? 2 weeks to go...and I've never been that weight. Maybe as high as 161.
    Honestly it depends on your metabolism, your a kid so they can vary widely.
    3 pounds should be doable,7 is probably asking for the moon and the stars

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea Salty...my shoulders and upper back are ripped right now, like seriously ripped. I m trying to listen to Scrap and cut back a bit. lol trying *I promise Scrap...after this fight...I'm gonna be a lazy lump for a while!

TM, I think you are likely right. It seems excessive to hope for 165.

I suppose I'll just keep eating as much as possible and see where I get. It's a bit of a damned if you do, or don't situation with the working out here. I suppose will just try to do the minimum...as my cardio is already good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea Salty...my shoulders and upper back are ripped right now, like seriously ripped. I m trying to listen to Scrap and cut back a bit. lol trying *I promise Scrap...after this fight...I'm gonna be a lazy lump for a while!

TM, I think you are likely right. It seems excessive to hope for 165.

I suppose I'll just keep eating as much as possible and see where I get. It's a bit of a damned if you do, or don't situation with the working out here. I suppose will just try to do the minimum...as my cardio is already good.
    Its an interesting thread even for the trainers on the board to consider regardless.You spend most of your time trying to shave off a couple of pounds,not add them.
    I will say this on your lifting, up the weight you lift,but cut your reps down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

12,000 calories a day diet. That's what Michael Phelps eats to maintain his athletic performance.

Same diet for skinny basketball centers who want to put on weight.

Meat puts on meat on you.

So, really it's the same plan for losing weight, 6 meals a day, except these need to be meat heavy and about 2,000 calories.

Personally, I couldn't eat that much. I can do 4, but not six.
    "...went 12 rounds with Ali, and never took a backwards step."

Thread Information