Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 141 of 311 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 4665

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    American Reunion - Fucken funny. Well worth the watch I like the whole franchise.
    Three Stooges - A lot funnier than what I anticipated. I laughed the whole time.
    The Avengers - Great action film from begining to end. Could potentially knock off Iron Man 1 to the #2 spot on my superhero films.
    Your #1 being?
    1. X-Men : First Class
    2. The Avengers
    3. Iron Man I
    4. X-Men II
    5. Spider Man II
    6. Batman
    7. Super Man - The Movie
    8. X-Men
    9. Blade
    10. Batman - Dark Night
    11. Spider Man
    12. Daredevil

Honors: 300, Sin City, Blade II, TMNT & The Crow.
    I always wondered who the other person was who liked Daredevil

My coolness just went up a notch
    I really like Daredevil...
    People talk shit about it more so because it's Affleck. So any negative shit comes from that alone that it's Ben Affleck.
    Throw in someone else who's a bit more likeable and it would be more popular.
    I think the story was well written and overall it's a really good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Daredevil was shockingly bad, the film Electra was better but was still poor.

Spiderman 3 was better than the other 2, although they were good too.

I loved Blade 2.

The X men films were all over the place, and did not follow the comic book at all. Vinny Jones as Juggernaut, please!
    Well to each its own...I really liked them.

Spider Man 3 was allover the place... They jammed in like 3 vilans into 1 film n while you were trying to keep with the vilans you also had to keep up with his life. Too much stuff for one film.

I like Blade 2 but prefer part 1...

Being that I'm not a comic book guy I'm not offended or bothered with the X-Men films at all... I know comic geeks get their suspenders up in a bunch about certain things in the films. I'm a big Wolverine fan and have always liked the character but the movie fell short for me as far as comparing them to the rest.
    X-Men 2 has what I consider argueably the greatest opening scene of film of the past 10 years maybe all time.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't watched it yet but Roadhouse is on channel 5 tonight after Europa League final. Anyone that can watch it must watch it, if you don't you're a gayer.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't watched it yet but Roadhouse is on channel 5 tonight after Europa League final. Anyone that can watch it must watch it, if you don't you're a gayer.
    So says the guy who would give Woody a woody.

Nice opening goal in the footy.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Coolest film and man ever.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dalton or Wade? I say Wade.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

If you like Roadhouse you'll love Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man!

I'm in the middle of a documentary on Napoleon. Great great leader, probably one of the best along with George Washington and Augustus Caesar. Napoleon loved America as well, Louisiana Purchase was due to him too.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As my mam got the DVD for her birthday yesterday, ended up watching War Horse tonight. Not a terrible film, but not particularly good either. I am a guy who does get invested in a movie, and films like Seabiscuit and Marley and Me do usually end up with me blubbing, or at least wiping away a tear, depending on how drunk I am.

War Horse...I just didn't find it very involving, and I disliked the main human character in it. I quite liked the Germans, and the ending was over the top sentimental tripe. If I'm going to be manipulated by a film, then at least let me buy into it a bit more than that.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Susan sarandon and me

In 1964 Susan Tomalin(1946- ) began dating actor Chris Sarandon while both were in college. In that same year, 1964, I started my 2nd year of college in an honours history and philosophy course in Hamilton Ontario. Tomalin became Sarandon when she married on 16 September 1967. I married four weeks before Sarandon after dating a girl whom I started dating while I was in my last year at college.

Following Sarandon’s separation in 1978, she gave an interview to Cosmopolitan magazine in which she stated: "I no longer believe in marriage." She divorced in 1979. I divorced a little earlier in 1975 and, by 1979, I had been remarried for four years. I still believed in marriage as an institution; this was due to my Baha’i belief. I had been a member of the Baha’i Faith since 1959 and associated with it since 1953 when my mother joined this newest of the Abrahamic religions.

I had remarried in 1975 while teaching in Melbourne Australia, and am still married to the same person. Sarandon went on to find a partner and had the same partner from 1988 to 2009—the famous Tim Robbins. At the time Robbins said he was going through a mid-life crisis.

This afternoon, 12 May 2012, I watched Sarandon in the film Anywhere But Here which debuted the same week I took a sea-change and retired at the age of 55. The film debuted at the Toronto Film Festival on 17 September 1999. the very week I arrived in Australia’s oldest town for the sea-change that I am still enjoying. Sarandon is still going strong at the age of 65.

I have become a writer and author, poet and publisher, researcher and online journalist after 32 years in the classroom as a teacher and another 18 as a student. Sarandon is famous and rich and I am neither.-Ron Price with thanks to Wikipedia, 12 May 2012.

You’ve been in the movies
    during my teaching years:
    1969-2005 & my years as
    a writer and author, poet
    and publisher….You are a
    source of pleasure for the
    eyes, Susan, and for that I
    thank you as I go through
    these middle years(65-75)
    of my late adulthood(60-80)
    and old-age if I last that long.

So: take care of yourself, Susan,
    as you run-the-gauntlet in your
    last years and you continue to
    entertain millions in your many
    roles on TV and in the cinemas!

Our religion & politics were and
    are far different…….I have never
    had Catholic convictions or those
    that are left-liberal, but that is no
    reason for not enjoying you and
    your many talents as an actress
    in these 40+ years: “goodonyer,”
    as Aussies say in Downunderland.1

1 Sarandon has spent much of her time tenaciously promoting myriad causes that are far too numerous to list comprehensively, but which include Conservation International, the Hunger Project and the Paediatric Aids Foundation. As well as donating money, she speaks out at every opportunity she can, sometimes alienating sections of American opinion. She does not try to keep her house tidy. For more on aspects of her life go to: On a roller-coaster with Susan Sarandon - Telegraph

Ron Price
    12 May 2012
    Last edited by RonPrice; 05-17-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: to add some words
    married for 45 years, a teacher for 35, a writer & editor for 13, and a Baha'i for 53(in 2012)Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

I watched the French action film 'District B13' I loved it, lots of fighting & really neat parkour scenes. The main thing I loved was that the main characters were just so French. The one guy taking months to get into deep undercover and take out a criminal, the other keeping the one and only clean building in the B13 ghetto....the French are a proud people, proud of some strange stuff though.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive made 3 attempts at watching Mission Impossible 4 so far, fallen asleep every time.

Anyone watched Immortals?

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

I don't know if I've posted this but I recently saw 'The Passion of The Christ'.....interesting movie. I'm not averse to seeing adaptations of The Bible in film, and this one specifically tried to be true to the era with the language and clothing and all. I know a lot of people wonder about the movie since Mel Gibson has apparently gone insane wondering if he meant to portray the Jews as being responsible for the killing of Jesus. I did not see "the Jews" portrayed in that horrible of a light just because I know there was not 1 all encompassing form of Judiasm, there were different tribes and different sects the same as Christianity has different sects today. All in all an interesting movie, but very intense.

I did not find it to give me any deep spiritual message or feeling though

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched Sunset Boulevard last night and thought it was superb. There is something very Miss Havisham about an old starlet who lives in yesterday and fails to see the wrinkles. I guess I related somewhat in terms of the pristine isolation that can warp a character. To be like that for 30 years and only be told yes. Well, it's a serious recipe for becoming Michael Jackson. And she buries a chimp. Uncanny all those years earlier.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I watched Sunset Boulevard last night and thought it was superb. There is something very Miss Havisham about an old starlet who lives in yesterday and fails to see the wrinkles. I guess I related somewhat in terms of the pristine isolation that can warp a character. To be like that for 30 years and only be told yes. Well, it's a serious recipe for becoming Michael Jackson. And she buries a chimp. Uncanny all those years earlier.
    Great flick! One of AFI's top 100. And it had one of the best lines of movie history "I AM big, it was the pictures that got small"

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Great flick! One of AFI's top 100. And it had one of the best lines of movie history "I AM big, it was the pictures that got small"
    It is splendid. Norma Desmond is bonkers, but it is all done so well.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive made 3 attempts at watching Mission Impossible 4 so far, fallen asleep every time.

Anyone watched Immortals?
    You are def getting old... MI4 is fucken awesome.

Immortals is good too.

Thread Information