Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 270 of 311 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4665

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Started Black Panther and being honest they tried waaaaaay to hard here. It's taken me 2 days so far and I'm only half way through it. The actor is top notch, chick from The Walking dead is a solid actress and special effects are good same as most Marvel flicks. But it almost feels like they try to have it both ways with it. A mysterious highly advanced society under the guise of rolling hills and old country. And how is the temptation lost for members to leave basically a walled-veiled world and not join modern society..Earth? Also the baddie dude, I forget his name, is irritating as hell. Again it's like a battle of Country mouse vs City mouse and the guy seems forced in trying to appeal to some fans. Maybe I'll do the right thing and finish watching it then draw a conclusion. Hey it's Marvel and so far the actual interpretation of Black Panther the 'super hero' is pretty good.
    The bad guy is Creed! You have to like him. He is an excellent character and I was rooting for him to beat Black Panther. The guy was Torch in the Fantastic Four which was not great.
    They put the mighty hero in a pile of snow to bring him back . The battle scenes are good but man this movie is like passing a kidney stone.
    Agreed. I didn’t see it as a controversial movie, a couple references to #whitegenocide but nothing that struck me as over the top. I just thought it was a bit lackluster compared to the likes of Batman and Superman which are filmed in a grand fashion

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Started Black Panther and being honest they tried waaaaaay to hard here. It's taken me 2 days so far and I'm only half way through it. The actor is top notch, chick from The Walking dead is a solid actress and special effects are good same as most Marvel flicks. But it almost feels like they try to have it both ways with it. A mysterious highly advanced society under the guise of rolling hills and old country. And how is the temptation lost for members to leave basically a walled-veiled world and not join modern society..Earth? Also the baddie dude, I forget his name, is irritating as hell. Again it's like a battle of Country mouse vs City mouse and the guy seems forced in trying to appeal to some fans. Maybe I'll do the right thing and finish watching it then draw a conclusion. Hey it's Marvel and so far the actual interpretation of Black Panther the 'super hero' is pretty good.
    The bad guy is Creed! You have to like him. He is an excellent character and I was rooting for him to beat Black Panther. The guy was Torch in the Fantastic Four which was not great.
    They put the mighty hero in a pile of snow to bring him back . The battle scenes are good but man this movie is like passing a kidney stone.
    Agreed. I didn’t see it as a controversial movie, a couple references to #whitegenocide but nothing that struck me as over the top. I just thought it was a bit lackluster compared to the likes of Batman and Superman which are filmed in a grand fashion
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master what a wanker . Hope you didn't spoil the end, hoping to be finished by night #4

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m not saying it was terrible, I was actually excited to see it was on Netflix and made time where I could watch it in one clip. I was just expecting a more. Since we always know the formula for the end, superhero looks like they are going to loose but have a miraculous comeback in the end, the in between has to be very good

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master what a wanker . Hope you didn't spoil the end, hoping to be finished by night #4

El Kabong Guest

I think in the end the black dude wins

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On a side convo, I watch a load of classic movies, especially film noir, old English fims etc. we have a channel that shows all the old classics commercial free all the time. A few groups like the NAACP are encouraging them to stop playing the old classics portraying southern times in the days of slavery using stereotypes of the day depicting slaves and saying what is deemed as inappropriate words towards blacks. I find this disappointing, even gone with wind is under attack. I think it would be a shame to lose these films

El Kabong Guest

On a side convo, I watch a load of classic movies, especially film noir, old English fims etc. we have a channel that shows all the old classics commercial free all the time. A few groups like the NAACP are encouraging them to stop playing the old classics portraying southern times in the days of slavery using stereotypes of the day depicting slaves and saying what is deemed as inappropriate words towards blacks. I find this disappointing, even gone with wind is under attack. I think it would be a shame to lose these films
    Now walrus you know damn well there's no such thing as your Cultural Marxism boogeyman.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it's funny to think how many movies, songs, ads etc would be classed inappropriate today.

Finally watched Solo. I enjoyed it. The missus stopped watching after less than half an hour.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I finally saw The Happy Prince which is e only film I have been excited about. It was excellent and Everett plays Wilde so well. It is a very grim and dark film as you would expect from a man who lives in exile and has lost his literary mojo due to depression and addiction.

I also rewatched Lost in Translation which is probably in my top 10 favorite films. My wife thinks it is boring because nothing happens, but that's the point of the film. It looks great, sounds great, has Scarlett's bum to start the film and has Bill Murray. It's a film I relate to a lot. I think sometimes films get more meaningful the older you get.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I finally saw The Happy Prince which is e only film I have been excited about. It was excellent and Everett plays Wilde so well. It is a very grim and dark film as you would expect from a man who lives in exile and has lost his literary mojo due to depression and addiction.

I also rewatched Lost in Translation which is probably in my top 10 favorite films. My wife thinks it is boring because nothing happens, but that's the point of the film. It looks great, sounds great, has Scarlett's bum to start the film and has Bill Murray. It's a film I relate to a lot. I think sometimes films get more meaningful the older you get.
    Scarlett's bum? Not a body double? I think I need to watch it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

Scarlett's bum? Not a body double? I think I need to watch it.
    It's the first minute or so, just a close up of her from behind in some peach or pink (cannot remember) undies. Definitely check it out. She spends a fair bit of time in her underwear just staring out of hotel windows at the Tokyo city scape.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh that sounds pretty short sided. Bigger issues to worry about than Hollywood depictions. Everything from Roots to films in the blaxploitation genre of the 70's would be swept under a rug. Ironically a chapter of the NAACP came up with the term but they came to be more beloved and empowering than most films depicting the U.S 'reg' Hollywood churned out.

El Kabong Guest

That actually looks a bit of alright

.....although Stan Laurel should be played by a genderqueer latinx and Oliver Hardy should still be a body positive role model but he should be played by Tess Holiday as she rides Leslie Jones' shoulders because #DIVERSITY

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

That actually looks a bit of alright

.....although Stan Laurel should be played by a genderqueer latinx and Oliver Hardy should still be a body positive role model but he should be played by Tess Holiday as she rides Leslie Jones' shoulders because #DIVERSITY
    Brilliant casting. The pathos of Laurel I always found moving.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information