Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    DarkLordAI,
    I know. He lost with class and gave all credit to Pac. But people still throw all kinds of crap at him. Win or loose, people would hate him. Promote or not, same thing. Then you ask those people what they think about his admirable achievements and hard-to-beat resume and they have no answer .

Props to Pac like I have said in other threads.

DannyG,
    Interesting how you just came to leave negative rep to me because Oscar lost and taunt me. Grow up kid. I didn't leave you any when your Cotto lost and looked for all kinds of excuses for his loss, did I?

Cotto was in a war and won plenty of rounds against a much bigger man.

Your husband ODLH on the other hand, got his ass kicked up and down the ring for 8 rounds non stop by a man half Tony's size Just imagine what Tony would have done to ODLH Why do you think ODLH ducked Tony after the Cotto fight? Oscar grew a vagina on the spot. Oscar was getting biatch slapped by a little guy who had no business in the same ring with ODLH and he was beating the crap out of his azz You talked a gang of shiet after the Cotto fight and now the shoe is on the other foot

Beat by a midget non stop for 8 rounds

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto is in prime and Oscar is in his mid 30s so i think they career are in a different spot to tell you the truth Oscar never got destroyed in his prime.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lopez,Arce,Nonito,JCC jr, Oscars Representative, Bhop, Ortiz, Sugar Shane, Nacho,...

Dundee, Margarito, Roach, and Pacquiao.

A fun vid of our favorite fighters and boxing people, I think we should all see. Bhop is fun to listen to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_m5A...eature=related

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For a guy that is known to knock out opponents with one punch or combinations get in the ring with a guy that no matter what he does, he walks through his punches can be quite humiliating as well. Cotto was humiliated with that and with the TKO. But then again I don't blame him. Margarito was the first champion in his prime that he faced so yeah. Now he's gonna face a guy like all the other ones he has faced before *yawn*.
    Your husband ODLH on the other hand
    Do you see me starting threads about how sexy and muscular his back is or how cool he looked in shades in Las Vegas?
    got his ass kicked up and down the ring for 8 rounds non stop by a man half Tony's size
    The only difference is that Tony is in his prime and ODLH is not. If you don't know what it means to be far from your prime just look at Ali vs Berbick, Leonard vs Camacho, Tyson vs McBride, Chavez vs ODLH, Pacquiao vs ODLH, etc.
    Just imagine what Tony would have done to ODLH Why do you think ODLH ducked Tony after the Cotto fight?
    At that point of his career I wouldn't be surprised either.
    You talked a gang of shiet after the Cotto fight and now the shoe is on the other foot
    Nope, I said before the fight that I gave the edge to Oscar but had my doubts specially after the Forbes fight. I acknowledged that if Forbes who is not known for being a puncher hurt Oscar's face then Pac would be a bigger threat. I mentioned age, being drained to make weight, speed, etc. But having you say that if it wasn't because of Cotto's nose then he would beat Margarito easily was quite interesting. So trying to get on my case for ODLH loss doesn't really do a thing, I also had my doubts before the fight unlike you who was hyping Cotto vs Margarito and look what happened.
    I agree. It happens when greats/legends decide to stay in the ring longer than they should. Not the first time we see that. Ready for Cotto vs Margarito II? I wouldn't be surprised if Jennings cuts Cotto or rocks him, happens in almost every fight with the long list of journeymen in his resume.
    Cotto is in prime and Oscar is in his mid 30s so i think they career are in a different spot to tell you the truth Oscar never got destroyed in his prime.
    Exactly! But when any young prospect beats a has-been BIG NAME people forget that he was old, passed his prime, worned out, drained, etc. People just remember who he beat, that's all. Even Pac and his team knew about it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For a guy that is known to knock out opponents with one punch or combinations get in the ring with a guy that no matter what he does, he walks through his punches can be quite humiliating as well. Cotto was humiliated with that and with the TKO. But then again I don't blame him. Margarito was the first champion in his prime that he faced so yeah. Now he's gonna face a guy like all the other ones he has faced before *yawn*.
    Your husband ODLH on the other hand
    Do you see me starting threads about how sexy and muscular his back is or how cool he looked in shades in Las Vegas?

The only difference is that Tony is in his prime and ODLH is not. If you don't know what it means to be far from your prime just look at Ali vs Berbick, Leonard vs Camacho, Tyson vs McBride, Chavez vs ODLH, Pacquiao vs ODLH, etc.

At that point of his career I wouldn't be surprised either.

Nope, I said before the fight that I gave the edge to Oscar but had my doubts specially after the Forbes fight. I acknowledged that if Forbes who is not known for being a puncher hurt Oscar's face then Pac would be a bigger threat. I mentioned age, being drained to make weight, speed, etc. But having you say that if it wasn't because of Cotto's nose then he would beat Margarito easily was quite interesting. So trying to get on my case for ODLH loss doesn't really do a thing, I also had my doubts before the fight unlike you who was hyping Cotto vs Margarito and look what happened.
    I agree. It happens when greats/legends decide to stay in the ring longer than they should. Not the first time we see that. Ready for Cotto vs Margarito II? I wouldn't be surprised if Jennings cuts Cotto or rocks him, happens in almost every fight with the long list of journeymen in his resume.
    Exactly! But when any young prospect beats a has-been BIG NAME people forget that he was old, passed his prime, worned out, drained, etc. People just remember who he beat, that's all. Even Pac and his team knew about it!

or it could be because of your avatar picture lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is funney that Danny of all people would be getting on someone for being gay for a fighter Oscar lost and he was older and not prime anymore we still dont know what cotto while do like a said he could turn out to be the next Vargas just wait and see the next elite guy he faces.

XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: PAC has a chance to win ...

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    PAC has a chance... Hoya looks weak and drained... He can't even raise his own arms... He's so weak...

December 3, 2008 I posted the above hint why PAC has a chance to win... Nobody seems to noticed...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seeing replay now.Ironic Oscars choice of Purple/maroon gloves & trunks.Oscar is done and drained

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was very impressive!!Very!What ever form of Oscar it may have been.....Manny took that victory from beginning to end.

I honestly hope Oscar retires,It is not there anymore.The weight is secondary,you could see him starting and stopping shots,over thinking etc.Oscar showed much class after the fight and no need for him to get damaged in future.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chino... c'mon dude. You can be a halfway reasonable guy. How can you keep comparing Cotto's loss to Margarito to Oscar's humiliation at the hands of Pac? And how can you keep on doing this with a straight face? C'mon dude...

You called Cotto's loss a humiliation? Cotto fought his heart out. Did Oscar do the same vs Pac? No. Plain and simple. To say otherwise is to insult the intelligence of every boxing fan here. Cotto's loss to Margarito was a war. Cotto won the first 6-7 rounds. But Margo withstood the assault and walked through Cotto in the later rounds. Cotto fought valiantly, but had nothing left. A FOTY candidate, in my eyes. How about Oscar and Pac? The hand-picked fighter who, although close to #1 p4p status, comes from several weight classes south of Oscar? What kind of rubbish is that? How can that be justified? It can't. Plain and simple. And Oscar's carefully laid out strategy STILL backfired on him.

Now THAT'S called humiliation. Quitting on his stool after getting a shutout pitched by Manny. No my man... defending your points of view here is defending the undefendable. Do the honorable thing and admit it for once, huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm finally watching the fight and I have to say, Oscar has skinny bird legs and Manny has calves like Popeye's forearms. I think more than anything Oscar coming down to 147 was the biggest mistake. It's one thing to look past it, Oscar looks like a zombie in there.
    Oops

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TitoFan,
    Do you know what it means to NOT to be in your prime? Tell me something, was Ali in his prime when he faced Berbick? Was JC Chavez in his prime when he faced ODLH? Was Leonard in his prime when he faced Norris or Camacho? How about Tyson vs McBride? Now think about the outcome if those fights were made at least 5 years earlier. See what I mean? That's just how it is. Even PAC and his team mentioned in different interviews, the 24/7 show, etc. that ODLH was done, old, worned out, etc. How can Pac fans totally miss that and ignore it?

See, I am not afraid to criticize my own boxers and I have said over and over that it was embarrassing how ODLH seemed to pick a smaller guy with a big name to retire with a big win and his plan totally backfired. Now that is humiliating right there! Yes, I am criticizing a guy I enjoy watching fight (actually, enjoyED watching). But I can't blind myself also from the fact that Pac faced an old, worned out, drained, passed his prime, ODLH. And I can't blind myself either with the fact that ODLH is one of boxing's greatest, has a resume that no fighter now can even come close, richest boxer out there ever who has been smart to invest here and there, etc.

Like I have said before, Pac keeps impressing me in every fight. I somehow see he improves something here and there from past fights. Not only that but he brings excitement every time he fights. Keeping the audience on their feet. I was more impressed when he faced Barrera. Check this out. He was not even programmed to fight. The guy that was going to fight Barrera couldn't make it so they called Pacquiao and he took care of business! I find that admirable and a way of telling the odds "Take that! I am no replacement here! I came to take care of business leaving no questions about my victory". There is a long list of big names out there that Pac can face. I am looking forward to that. I can imagine Pac will be just fine. Freddy Roach has been a tremendous piece of the puzzle in Pac's career. Some trainers just have the natural chemistry with certain boxers. Pac and Roach seem to have it.

ODLH plan backfired, that is what I find humiliating. Got connected during the fight, of course. But compare Cotto and ODLH and tell me who got a worst beating. Look at Cotto's face when he was standing up how he shook his head simlpy saying "No more, can't take it". It's a close call when it comes to humiliation with ODLH last fight and Cotto's but when it comes to a beating, I'll say Cotto got the worst beating of 2008 and also, it was humiliating how he finally faced a young champion in his prime and look what happened. Now he will face another guy like the rest of the ones he faced through his career. I wouldn't be surprise if this journeyman rocks, cuts, or exposes him just like all the other journeymen have already.
    Last edited by Chino; 12-14-2008 at 09:35 PM.

SigmaMu Guest

TitoFan,
    Do you know what it means to NOT to be in your prime? Tell me something, was Ali in his prime when he faced Berbick? Was JC Chavez in his prime when he faced ODLH? Was Leonard in his prime when he faced Norris or Camacho? How about Tyson vs McBride? Now think about the outcome if those fights were made at least 5 years earlier. See what I mean? That's just how it is. Even PAC and his team mentioned in different interviews, the 24/7 show, etc. that ODLH was done, old, worned out, etc. How can Pac fans totally miss that and ignore it?

See, I am not afraid to criticize my own boxers and I have said over and over that it was embarrassing how ODLH seemed to pick a smaller guy with a big name to retire with a big win and his plan totally backfired. Now that is humiliating right there! Yes, I am criticizing a guy I enjoy watching fight (actually, enjoyED watching). But I can't blind myself also from the fact that Pac faced an old, worned out, drained, passed his prime, ODLH. And I can't blind myself either with the fact that ODLH is one of boxing's greatest, has a resume that no fighter now can even come close, richest boxer out there ever who has been smart to invest here and there, etc.

Like I have said before, Pac keeps impressing me in every fight. I somehow see he improves something here and there from past fights. Not only that but he brings excitement every time he fights. Keeping the audience on their feet. I was more impressed when he faced Barrera. Check this out. He was not even programmed to fight. The guy that was going to fight Barrera couldn't make it so they called Pacquiao and he took care of business! I find that admirable and a way of telling the odds "Take that! I am no replacement here! I came to take care of business leaving no questions about my victory". There is a long list of big names out there that Pac can face. I am looking forward to that. I can imagine Pac will be just fine. Freddy Roach has been a tremendous piece of the puzzle in Pac's career. Some trainers just have the natural chemistry with certain boxers. Pac and Roach seem to have it.

ODLH plan backfired, that is what I find humiliating. Got connected during the fight, of course. But compare Cotto and ODLH and tell me who got a worst beating. Look at Cotto's face when he was standing up how he shook his head simlpy saying "No more, can't take it". It's a close call when it comes to humiliation with ODLH last fight and Cotto's but when it comes to a beating, I'll say Cotto got the worst beating of 2008 and also, it was humiliating how he finally faced a young champion in his prime and look what happened. Now he will face another guy like the rest of the ones he faced through his career. I wouldn't be surprise if this journeyman rocks, cuts, or exposes him just like all the other journeymen have already.

Cotto got beat by a giant man every one fears. ODLH got beat by a midget who moved up two weight classes 8 whole rounds Oscar got biatch slapped up and down the ring by a midget that is emberrassing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    TitoFan,

Cotto got beat by a giant man every one fears. ODLH got beat by a midget who moved up two weight classes 8 whole rounds Oscar got biatch slapped up and down the ring by a midget that is emberrassing
    Paul Williams would have something to say about that.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    TitoFan,

Paul Williams would have something to say about that.
    Well being that PW is the giant of all giants in that division, I guess you are right
    Tony is being a little biatch about demanding his rematch with PW. I have yet to hear him mention PW's name

Thread Information