Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PAC has a chance to win ...

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If Oscar catches Pac with a quarter of the left hands Marquez did in the third fight, it's goodnight vienna for the Pacster.
    If PAC catches Hoya with the same short left cross that caught JMM and Diaz (and most recently PAC sparring partner), I think Hoya can possibly kiss the canvass...
    I don't think so. That's the problem for Pac, his punches wont have the same impact on the much BIGGER man.

Pac hit Diaz with EVERYTHING including the kitchen sink but it still took 9 rounds to depose him.

He wont be able to outclass Oscar like that.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

man i cant help but to pick Oscar. just look at the size difference damn!!!!! i just cant see pacman winning, he will feel that power that oscar has i wonder if he can take it.

XaduBoxer Guest

If Oscar catches Pac with a quarter of the left hands Marquez did in the third fight, it's goodnight vienna for the Pacster.
    If PAC catches Hoya with the same short left cross that caught JMM and Diaz (and most recently PAC sparring partner), I think Hoya can possibly kiss the canvass...
    I don't think so. That's the problem for Pac, his punches wont have the same impact on the much BIGGER man.

Pac hit Diaz with EVERYTHING including the kitchen sink but it still took 9 rounds to depose him.

He wont be able to outclass Oscar like that.
    You have a very valid point... I only want to stress out that as of late, the very quick short left cross is the most lethal weapon in PAC's arsenal scoring his 3 latest knockdowns (JMM - KD, Diaz - KO and sparring partner - KD)... PAC can even shoot that short left cross even on a back foot... Hoya can possibly go down from that shot but not necessarily badly hurt...

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    man i cant help but to pick Oscar. just look at the size difference damn!!!!! i just cant see pacman winning, he will feel that power that oscar has i wonder if he can take it.
    This is not the first time Hoya fought a 5' 6 1/2" guy... Whitaker is 5' 6" southpaw, shorter than PAC... Camacho is the same height with PAC... And a prime Hoya has some problems disposing these 2 old short southpaw guys...

Of course PAC is no Camacho or Whitaker... but who knows if prime PAC explosive style will also give problems to the old and partially shot Hoya...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Someone help JTRock get out of the Nachos, he accidentally fell in...
    Why is JTRock pasting me with nacho cheese?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was the sour cream

XaduBoxer Guest

Today's final press conference...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In my opinion, Oscar did not look great against Steve Forbes and was KOd by Bernard Hopkins He clearly looked less than compelling against Felix Sturm. The plain fact is, he is no longer a great fighter, but like Tyson, he is an “event fighter,” and has an incredible allure. When he fights, it’s a major event that virtually transcends boxing. It’s about ultra hype ad nauseam and includes his adoring female fans, the melodramatic 24/7 reality series, the $54.95 PPV, and the so-called “bad blood” between Freddie Roach and Oscar as a left over from the Mayweather fight. It’s also about the ethnic factor, teaser trailer videos, his “improving” relationship with his father, training in Big Bear with his family nearby, his East LA background; the Olympic Gold Medal, Golden Boy Promotions, Ring Magazine, etc, etc. And like Tyson, fighting the “Golden Boy” ensures that his opponents will walk away with some real gold. In short, it’s all about business with the fight sometimes taking on a peripheral persona.

Some might call this a multi-million dollar Dream Match; I call it a multi-million dollar event. However, had Oscar chosen a Margarito, Cotto, or Williams as his opponent, this indeed would be a dream match instead of what could turn out to be a mismatch.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    In my opinion, Oscar did not look great against Steve Forbes and was KOd by Bernard Hopkins He clearly looked less than compelling against Felix Sturm. The plain fact is, he is no longer a great fighter, but like Tyson, he is an “event fighter,” and has an incredible allure. When he fights, it’s a major event that virtually transcends boxing. It’s about ultra hype ad nauseam and includes his adoring female fans, the melodramatic 24/7 reality series, the $54.95 PPV, and the so-called “bad blood” between Freddie Roach and Oscar as a left over from the Mayweather fight. It’s also about the ethnic factor, teaser trailer videos, his “improving” relationship with his father, training in Big Bear with his family nearby, his East LA background; the Olympic Gold Medal, Golden Boy Promotions, Ring Magazine, etc, etc. And like Tyson, fighting the “Golden Boy” ensures that his opponents will walk away with some real gold. In short, it’s all about business with the fight sometimes taking on a peripheral persona.

Some might call this a multi-million dollar Dream Match; I call it a multi-million dollar event. However, had Oscar chosen a Margarito, Cotto, or Williams as his opponent, this indeed would be a dream match instead of what could turn out to be a mismatch.
    Out of all fairness Delahoya dosent belong at 160 and was ineffective and was physically sloppy by usual standards.. Forbes is a mover who has never been down and has a slick defensive style. By comaparison a fresh young top 2 in handspeed Berto with excellent power went the distance with Forbes.. So as I agree Oscar is not the great fighter he once was, he still is very good and will probably beat Pac just from the size factor..

I will agree this is more of an event than a bon fied big fight matchup
    Last edited by JT Rock; 12-04-2008 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good God, those are two brutal shots Berto laid on that poor bloke. Ouch!

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe this will inspire Oscar on his Ring Walk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6JxW5S27G0
    Last edited by DAWGSWIN; 12-04-2008 at 12:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You all forget, God is on Pacquiao's side...

But gold is on Delahoya's.
    Last edited by Chris Nagel; 12-04-2008 at 12:23 AM.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm formally upgrading my opinion on Pacquiao's chances of winning from absolutely none to a slight possibility. Pacquiao looks extremely fast right now and ODLH honestly looks a little slow. Now I know that they could be manipulating 24/7 to show Oscar while he's not looking as good to make it seem like it will be an even fight, but from everything I've seen, ODLH is looking weak and slow. Maybe Freddy was right about that trigger...

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006 View Post
    I'm formally upgrading my opinion on Pacquiao's chances of winning from absolutely none to a slight possibility. Pacquiao looks extremely fast right now and ODLH honestly looks a little slow. Now I know that they could be manipulating 24/7 to show Oscar while he's not looking as good to make it seem like it will be an even fight, but from everything I've seen, ODLH is looking weak and slow. Maybe Freddy was right about that trigger...
    No-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o !!!!
    Say it isn't so, albsur. Say you're not yet another victim to fall to the carefully crafted hype about the DLH-Pac fight.

I preferred your post from some days back when you predicted that HBO would be blabbering crap about DLH "turning back the clock", as if a win over a bloated Pacquiao was some kind of wondrous achievement for Oscar. What happened to that Albsur?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    This is not the first time Hoya fought a 5' 6 1/2" guy... Whitaker is 5' 6" southpaw, shorter than PAC... Camacho is the same height with PAC... And a prime Hoya has some problems disposing these 2 old short southpaw guys...

Of course PAC is no Camacho or Whitaker... but who knows if prime PAC explosive style will also give problems to the old and partially shot Hoya...
    Whitaker could have fought till he was 50+ years old and he would still make a lot of fighters look bad. Pernell was a tremendous defensive fighter and a slick counter puncher...even in old age and with a bad drug habit. Oscar always has had problems with slick, counter punching fighters. He, however, has feasted on come forward, offensive fighters. Pac is a great athlete and has tremendous heart. But if Oscar comes into this fight in shape and sharp...the size and skill difference will eventually show itself. If Pac pulls the upset...mad props to him.

Thread Information