Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

I think Oscar has found a great match with his current training team, while paying attention to Pac's technique and form, he has moved forward, pushing himself in training and finding ways to keep that momentum..

I hate to see oscar lose any fight, but this one is a little different. IF he were to lose it would be HUGE for Pacquiao, a young man with a good heart who has a chance to make a very big difference in the world... A lot like the young De La Hoya...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PAC has a chance to win ...

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    Hoya has some problems fighting 5' 6" southpaws (Whitaker and Camacho). Though a prime Hoya won in those fights, he was not able to knockout those old 5' 6" southpaw guys...

Of course PAC is no Camacho or Whitaker... The similarities are in height and stance only...

Remember today Hoya is not considered a prime boxer anymore while the 5' 6 1/2" southpaw PAC is still in his prime...

Here's some video of Hoya-Whitaker and Hoya-Camacho fights. Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUo3zBkmToohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnzeSN0lzFIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46duousdNns
    Hector Camacho had to fight defensively the entire night, to survive. And considering he has never been stopped in 85 fights. I can safely say he has an iron chin and theres no shame in not being able to stop Hector Camacho.

Also you actually need to watch the fight Saddoboxer, when did Hector Camacho ever give ODLH any problems ? he lost probably every single round and was knocked down, i didn't think Hector Camacho ever give ODLH any problems at all.

As for Pernell Whitaker come on Saddoboxer, Pernell Whitaker is one of the best defensive fighters of all time. And even though Pernell Whitaker is one of my favorites. Even he had to fight defensively for most of the fight, to make it close and competitive i personally had it a draw.

Manny Pacquiao is nothing like any of these fighters at all, he hits and gets hit. Manny Pacquiao is an improved fighter but he is still very hittable, and theres no way on earth Manny Pacquiao would fight anything like the fighters above, because personally he can't. He hasn't got there skill sets.
    Well said ICB. I think we are at a point where we have analyzed this fight to death. Some people just don't want to use logic to see how this fight will pan out. Do i think Oscar, at 35, is as good a fighter he was 10 years ago...obviously not. Oscar has weaknesses...but in this particular matchup, his advantages far outweigh his disadvantages. Outside of him coming into this fight weight drained and weak...he has no business losing. If Pac pulls the upset...my hats off to him.

XaduBoxer Guest

Default LOL Can PAC turn orthodox (right handed stance) against Hoya?

Can PAC turn orthodox (right handed stance) against Hoya?

I'm just curious since I found this image in a betting site depicting PAC in a right handed orthodox stance (must be a mistake ). Click link below to see the original image/picture:

link: http://boxxer.110mb.com/DelaHoyaPacquiao

Can PAC try to do it to confuse Hoya?

XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: LOL Can PAC turn orthodox (right handed stance) against Hoya?

Maybe PAC can try it if he's way ahead in the scorecards . Just like what Erik Morales did in PAC-Morales 1. Still, it's not a good move.

XaduBoxer Guest

Picking Pacquiao to win on points

link: http://www.examiner.com/x-802-SF-Boxing-Examiner~y2008m12d4-Picking-Pacquiao-to-win-on-points

I still think Oscar De La Hoya can punch harder than Manny Pacquiao. But my money is on Manny to land more punches and upset Oscar in their welterweight megafight Saturday in Las Vegas.

My pick is not consistent with my long-held belief that a fighter should compete at the lowest weight possible, nor my philosophy of backing the man with a good jab and a reach advantage.

In fact, the pick is not consistent with what I wrote in September, when I said De La Hoya would look like a monster up next to Pacquiao, who is moving up 17 pounds above his recent perch atop the junior lightweights at 130. De La Hoya turned pro at 130 but always seemed destined for welterweight. Now I’m saying size won’t matter.

What swayed me, aside from all the new friends I’ve made in the Philippines building up this fight?

First, I saw Pacquiao in the flesh three weeks ago and was convinced the higher weight is a help, not a hindrance. He looked the same as usual: trim and quick.

Second, I finally realized the analogous fight in boxing history was the Aaron Pryor-Alexis Arguello junior welterweight fight in 1982. Pryor, 5-foot-6½ like Pacquiao, overwhelmed Arguello, 5-10, in a manner Pacquiao is well-equipped to duplicate against De La Hoya. (It turns out I’m not the first to notice the Pacquiao-Pryor parallels, though Pryor, unlike Pacquiao, fought right-handed and was black.) Anyway, it isn’t so difficult to picture Pacquiao standing up to De La Hoya and even mauling him.

Third, who am I to argue with trainer Freddie Roach about the most crucial element in this fight, whether De La Hoya’s right hand is effective. Against a southpaw, his left jab and left hook may be less effective than usual, but the right should be easier to land. De La Hoya has been landing bigger shots with the right in recent years than he used to, but Roach says De La Hoya’s right is still substandard. And Roach indeed says he has a plan to neutralize Oscar’s jab.

Pacquiao will win the first round. De La Hoya will try to feel him out, and Pacquiao will prove his quickness can’t always be parried. Pacquiao will be winning the second round in that manner when suddenly a lead right from De La Hoya puts Pacquiao on the canvas. He’s up quickly, but De La Hoya can be effective against anyone when he whales away, and Oscar wins a two-point round. And wins another one in the third, decking Manny with a counter right while Manny lands a solid left. This time Manny is really hurt and labors to last the round.

What happens after that is the key to the fight. One commenter on my blog said that if Manny could last into the fifth round, he would win the fight. I believe that’s what will happen. Pacquiao will take control of the fight late in the fourth round and will look like his usual self the second half of the fight, much too busy for De La Hoya. Maybe Oscar will win one late round, but the scorecard will read Pacquiao 115, De La Hoya 111.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar baby come on Golden Boy!!
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

COME ON PACCIE BOY!!!!!

Also, I am extremely extremely poor this weekend, but I noticed amongst all the drinks on the front page, no one brought any Jack Daniels... If I missed it, point me in the right direction.. But if anyone can provide a bottle or 2, i'll be all set for the 12 rounds of Pac domination...

I've also brought a gift for some of the people here.

See below...

They'll be here for the whole weekend so don't everyone try to jump on at once and tire them out.... We Pac fans might need some deep consoling in our loss on Saturday night and Sunday..

Hopefully everyone gets a go though....

Last edited by Dizaster; 12-05-2008 at 07:15 AM.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

XaduBoxer Guest

PAC-Hoya 24/7 Episode 4 is great and very interesting. Link to the video is posted in you know where...
    Last edited by XaduBoxer; 12-05-2008 at 11:05 PM.

XaduBoxer Guest

Pacquiao, De la Hoya winning odds near even

12/05/2008 | 04:55 PM
    I'm predicting the odds will become more near even after the weigh-in when people will have a first look of Hoya's weak looking body...

MANILA, Philippines - The Dream Match has been called a mismatch, a circus, and a no-contest.

Betting lines on Friday (Thursday, US time) in Las Vegas clearly showed otherwise.

Oscar de la Hoya's winning odds continued to slip after The Golden Boy was listed as a mere minus-165 favorite to beat Manny Pacquiao with two days to go before their highly anticipated showdown.

With that line, that means a bet of $1.65 on de la Hoya will net $1.00.

Pacquiao was listed reportedly as a plus-135 underdog ($1.00 to win $1.35) on the same day.

In simple terms, de la Hoya and Pacquiao have nearly the same winning odds.

Some personalities - including World Boxing Council president Jose Sulaiman, former world champion Roger Mayweather, among others - have branded the bout one that the naturally bigger de la Hoya will win lopsidedly.

But as the fight draws near, the so-called "circus" is starting to look a little more serious.

Just last Monday, de la Hoya was at minus-185 ($1.85 to win $1.00) and Pacquiao at plus-155 ($1.00 to win $1.55).

While Pacquiao's lines have been steady, there has been a noticeable drop on de la Hoya's winning odds since the Dream Match was formally announced in early September.

In mid-September, bookmakers installed de la Hoya as a minus-240 favorite ($2.40 to win $1.00). In late October, the line went down to minus-204 ($2.04 to win $1.00).

In the same periods, Pacquiao was at plus-190 ($1.00 to win $1.90) in mid-September and between plus-155 and plus-185 in late October.

Before the Pacquiao-de la Hoya tiff was formalized, Las Vegas oddsmakers put Pacquiao's value at plus-165 ($1.00 to win $1.65) and de la Hoya at minus-185.

Based on the trend, the welterweight bout between Pacquiao, who is going up in weight for a second consecutive match, and the naturally bigger de la Hoya appears to be a lot more even that some of the recent major boxing cards.

According to the Las Vegas Sun, Juan Manuel Marquez was a 3-1 favorite versus Joel Casamayor, Ricky Hatton a 5-2 favorite versus Paulie Malignaggi, Kelly Pavlik a 4-1 favorite against Bernard Hopkins and Shane Mosley a staggering 8-1 favorite against Ricardo Mayorga.

Among the four bouts, only Hopkins came away with a win as an underdog.

XaduBoxer Guest

A sample of boxers and boxing personalities who pick PAC to win:

Joshua Clottey: Pacquiao by decision: It's going to be a very good fight, but I choose Pacquiao because he's always coming to fight and you know De La Hoya cannot fight a hard twelve rounds. De La Hoya in his prime would beat him, but Pacquiao is going to be the smaller guy beating De La Hoya.

Zab Judah:
    Pacquiao by decision: I think DLH has the power to knock his ass out, but I think Pacquiao can win running around. Being that Oscar ain't never going to fight me I pick Pacquiao hoping he's going to fight me if he wins.

Jeff Lacy: Pacquiao by decision It's going to be a good fight, I'm going to have go with Manny Pacquiao. There's a big differenfce in weight but it depends on what De La Hoya looks like. I didn't think he looked that good against Steve Forbes and I think Pacquiao will be able to outpoint him.

Monte Barrett: Manny Pacquiao by decision

Gary Shaw: Pacquiao By Decision

XaduBoxer Guest

Ricky Hatton: "Pacquiao's aggressiveness will win it,"

link: On target: 'Hitman' sees Pacquiao win vs Oscar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've gone for Pacquiao. If Forbes can go the distance then so can Manny.

I think Manny can stay out of trouble and he's not going to lay on the ropes and defend like Floyd.(He hasn't those skills).

Its speed of thought and movement and staying desciplined - thats what Manny has to do.

Oscars jab can win him the fight and if quick enough stop Manny moving in and out on him. Oscars size and strength should be enough.

But I think Manny an athlete in his prime can pull this off - its gonna be difficult and close rounds but I think Manny will get the split verdict after 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What happens if Pac does beat Oscar, I mean it is possible. But if he don't, does that mean it's Arreola's shot next.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    A short quiz about the fight:

Hoya is in a Loss-Win-Loss-Win... cycle in the last 5 years... His last fight against Forbes is a Win, what will be the outcome of his next fight this Saturday against PAC based on this cycle?

Just for fun...
    actually since sturm was robbed there really is no cycle

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: LOL Can PAC turn orthodox (right handed stance) against Hoya?

I've thought about this is for a moment and I've come to the conclusion that this was a totally unneccessary thread.

It turns out Barack Obama doesn't like mayonnaise which disturbs me a bit.

Thread Information