Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bernard Hopkins is Never Wrong! read what he said Pacman gonna get knocked out!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Bernard Hopkins is Never Wrong! read what he said Pacman gonna get knocked out!

Told you guys!

"You know what Pacquiao made a mistake at?" Hopkins asked rhetorically. "Or his people? Because he don't call the shots. We know who do. [Pacquiao's promoter] Bob Arum made the same mistake he made with Kelly Pavlik with this fight. Manny Pacquiao gets hit. He has a loosey-goosey defense. He's 100 percent offense. But when you run into a guy that you're fighting in another weight class for the first time, who's not shot -- Oscar's way from being shot, trust me -- that will make a difference. Top Rank made a gamble. They paid a price a month ago. They gonna pay a big price with their biggest cash cow. Bad year for them."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bernard Hopkins is Never Wrong! read what he said Pacman gonna get knocked out!

Bernard Hopkins knows how this fight will play out.

"Around the fifth or sixth round, that's when the shift happens," he said. "That's when Oscar's going to make Pacquiao change his style, change his thinking. Fighters have to settle in. Oscar's gonna take a couple rounds to settle in. The first few rounds are gonna be speed, speed, speed. They're gonna try to establish who's gonna be the offense and who's going to be the defense. But I'm telling you, Oscar's hyped up for this fight, and like I told him in Big Bear on Saturday: 'Your legacy rides on this fight.'"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bernard Hopkins is Never Wrong! read what he said Pacman gonna get knocked out!

Without wishing to piss on your bonfire ,he was wrong about Mayweather-De la Hoya and his recent fight against Calzaghe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cpcompany View Post
    Without wishing to piss on your bonfire ,he was wrong about Mayweather-De la Hoya and his recent fight against Calzaghe.
    Well i do mean to piss on yours... I felt Hopkins clearly beat Calzaghe, and Mayweather - De la hoya could of gone both ways...
    Hidden Content There is no reward for second place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by purtyboy View Post
    Well i do mean to piss on yours... I felt Hopkins clearly beat Calzaghe, and Mayweather - De la hoya could of gone both ways...
    Well I didnt and the people who were paid to judge it didnt either.

I scored the MAyweather fight a draw though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by purtyboy View Post
    Both fights were close.

There was no clear winners in either fights.

I had a draw for Hopkins v Calzaghe and De La Hoya just in the Mayweather fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow! This is the first time I've seen people talk about the Oscar vs Mayweather fight and say Oscar had a draw, or maybe even won?

Mayweather won that fight without controversy. Oscar was winning in the first half of the fight. Winning not dominating. But the second half was ALL Mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather won easily after de la hoya tired out. Calzaghe won by 4 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Moono View Post
    Told you guys!

"You know what Pacquiao made a mistake at?" Hopkins asked rhetorically. "Or his people? Because he don't call the shots. We know who do. [Pacquiao's promoter] Bob Arum made the same mistake he made with Kelly Pavlik with this fight. Manny Pacquiao gets hit. He has a loosey-goosey defense. He's 100 percent offense. But when you run into a guy that you're fighting in another weight class for the first time, who's not shot -- Oscar's way from being shot, trust me -- that will make a difference. Top Rank made a gamble. They paid a price a month ago. They gonna pay a big price with their biggest cash cow. Bad year for them."
    I do respect Bernards opinion but he is with Golden Boy so would say this..
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I completely agree with Hopkins assessment of this fight.

That's a crap title though.

"I will NEVER lose to a white boy"
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

He also picked Roy to win last month.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post

He also talks constant bollocks.

He's right about Oscar-Pac though.. i think
    Last edited by Fenster; 12-05-2008 at 09:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not to sure, Oscar couldn't KO little Stevie. granted he's more defensive than Pac, but still Pac does seem to be listening to the advice in the corner judging by his patient destruction of Diaz, who of course has nothing on Oscar.

Thing is, IF Oscar Ko's Pac, big fucking deal, it's the minimum he should do, and it'll only set up another bullshit fight with Hatton.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not to sure, Oscar couldn't KO little Stevie. granted he's more defensive than Pac, but still Pac does seem to be listening to the advice in the corner judging by his patient destruction of Diaz, who of course has nothing on Oscar.

Thing is, IF Oscar Ko's Pac, big fucking deal, it's the minimum he should do, and it'll only set up another bullshit fight with Hatton.
    The fact that Pac was able to hit Diaz at will, but still took nine rounds to finish him, is a reason i so strongly fancy Oscar for this fight.

Also.. I think Marquez was controlling, for the majority of the fight, and hurting Pac with the left hand earlier in the year. If Oscar can emulate Marquez success, with the added power, Pac's had it.

I agree the fight don't mean much.. unless Pac wins.
    Last edited by Fenster; 12-05-2008 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact that Pac was able to hit Diaz at will, but still took nine rounds to finish him, is a reason i so strongly fancy Oscar for this fight.

Also.. I think Marquez was controlling, for the majority of the fight, and hurting Pac with the left hand earlier in the year. If Oscar can emulate Marquez success, with the added power, Pac's had it.

I agree the fight don't mean much.. unless Pac wins.
    I agree with all your points, it depends what type of Oscar turns up. Pac won't be able to KO him, but he stood to the game plan with Diaz and didn't get over excited, if he's quick enough he might be able to pull out the decision as i'd expect DLH to tire first.

Thread Information