Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Surely it will be Manny vs Floyd in 2009

Forget Ricky Hatton, let him fight fellow loser Oscar De La Hoya, the fight all the real fight fans will want to see next year is Pacquaio vs Mayweather Jr.

I'd say it's as close to a boxing certainty that you can get that Floyd will be coming out of retirement now to take on Manny in a true boxing megafight.

You would have the universally recognised, undisputed best two fighters on the planet fighting each other for all the glory.

When was the last time it happened in the history of boxing that the two unquestioned best p4p fighters have fought each other?

I know Jones and Toney were both near the top of the p4p when they fought but were they hands down 1 and 2 like Floyd and Manny are, I don't think so?

This fight will be mega, I can't wait for this.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Surely it will be Manny vs Floyd in 2009

Hatton against Manny then the winner gets Floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love to see that fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont drink the kool-aid.....guzzle it !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sounds promising but if Floyd wins they'll say Pacquiao beat an over the hill Oscar and that him and Floyd weren't in the same weight class. smart marks will never be happy with anything Mayweather does.

Personally I'd like to see Pacquiao fight Hatton, fight of the year till it ends
    Last edited by Majesty; 12-07-2008 at 05:12 AM.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    and if Floyd wins they'll say Pacquiao beat an over the hill Oscar and that him and Floyd weren't in the same weight class.

Personally I'd like to see him fight Hatton.
    Why Hatton?

Floyd is a lot smaller than Oscar and hands down the world's best fighter.

Why fight Hatton who got his ass kicked by Floyd?

Let's be real, Manny will make good money against Hatton but at least double against Floyd.

Him and Floyd is a megafight, the Americans need an American fighter involved to truly have it being a plus 1 million ppv fight and besides fightfans want to see the world's very best go at it.

Hatton and Manny is a great fight for sure, but Floyd and Manny completely and utterly eclipses it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    and if Floyd wins they'll say Pacquiao beat an over the hill Oscar and that him and Floyd weren't in the same weight class.

Personally I'd like to see him fight Hatton.
    Why Hatton?

Floyd is a lot smaller than Oscar and hands down the world's best fighter.

Why fight Hatton who got his ass kicked by Floyd?

Let's be real, Manny will make good money against Hatton but at least double against Floyd.

Him and Floyd is a megafight, the Americans need an American fighter involved to truly have it being a plus 1 million ppv fight and besides fightfans want to see the world's very best go at it.

Hatton and Manny is a great fight for sure, but Floyd and Manny completely and utterly eclipses it.
    Hatton because Manny can make 140 and it would be nice to see how he can operate. Hatton because at the moment he is the best 140 pounder in the world.

Hatton because Manny could do something shane Mosley didnt, Shane skipped 140 and went to 147 to face oscar and stayed, Manny could move down and beat the guy that just unified two titles down at 140 and add more to his history.

Any fight with Mayweather right now is a name fight, and Manny just had one against the biggest name, I want Pacquiao if he beats Hatton to win the titles at 140 with a win. Does more for boxing and his legacy for a Pacquiao Hatton fight then a Pacquiao Mayweather fight imo.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd Vs Manny-Its Gotta Happen Now!

Manny Pacquiao has been generally recognised p4p no1 since Floyd Mayweather Jr "officially" retired earlier this year. But I feel that even if Floyd was not retired, the performance Manny displayed last night against the once golden "Golden Boy" would have propelled him to the no1 spot.

My point here is, Floyd has always been rather vain and despite everyone knowing the Oscar that fought him in may 2007 was a different animal to the shadow of a man that turned up last night and was systematically taken apart by the Pacman, he will not be able to rest knowing that people will be saying that there is a man better than him right now who is fighting at his weightclass, and I have no doubt people will be saying that.

So I expect Floyd to announce his comeback shortly to fight Manny, but I really don't see a repeat performance of last night as I think that Floyd has all the tools and counter speed to cause Pacquiao some serious trouble. This is my opinion anyway and I want to hear what you guys on here think should this fight materialise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Vs Manny-Its Gotta Happen Now!

Yeah, Floyd would not be the cakewalk for Manny that Oscar proved to be. Floyd would not have to cut weight to make 147, he has power there (ask Hatton) & his speed & defense would give Manny many more problems than Oscar did last night. Oscar never had a good right hand but I think Floyd would & could tag Manny with his straight right - the best punch against a lefty anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not to mention the fact that IMO he is the best 147 fighter since SRL!

El Kabong Guest

Manny Pacquiao should fight Ricky Hatton and then take on Floyd.....IMO he's got a great chance to beat both guys...I wouldn't call him the favorite vs Mayweather but he has as good a chance as anyone else.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Manny Pacquiao should fight Ricky Hatton and then take on Floyd.....IMO he's got a great chance to beat both guys...I wouldn't call him the favorite vs Mayweather but he has as good a chance as anyone else.
    I agree that he has as good a chance as anyone else but after what I watched last night I think he would just have too much for a fight with Hatton to be even competitive. I see Pac KOing Hatton similar fashion to Floyd did but maybe earlier due to his more active style!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pac vs PBF: make it happen!

It must rot Mayweather that Pac disposed of DLH way more convincingly than he did. Pac stopped Oscar while Floyd never really even hurt him except for one counter right hand.

I think this could be a classic. These two guys are the ATGs of this generation. Pac will go down as a ATG in my eyes, and as big of an a$$hole as Floyd may be, he will be an ATG as well. Make it happen at 140 so there will be no excuses from either side.

I think Pac would tear Ricky up judging by what I saw last night.

Thread Information