Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Froch - What Next for the Cobra...?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch - What Next for the Cobra...?

My ranking of the current top super middleweights:
    1. Kessler.
    2. Bute
    3. Taylor
    4. Andrade
    5. Bika
    6. Froch
    7. Mundine
    Credit to Froch for his win this weekend. Pascal may not be at the top of the division, but he is no slouch. With that said, Froch has difficulty with anyone ranked above him.

Kessler is the best by a decent margin, but I want to see Kessler in the ring with a titlist to confirm that assessment. Bute is highly skilled, but I'm curious whether Andrade took something out of him. Taylor is coming off a good win over Lacy and has the most experience of the list, but the experience is at middleweight. Andrade has limited talent, but is relentless and has a granite chin. Bika is a proven warrior and is steadily improving, but he has a record of losing against top competition (Calzaghe, Bute, and Soliman). Froch is the newcomer of the bunch on the world stage, and is coming off a great win, but he has yet to prove himself as an elite. Mundine may move down to middleweight and I doubt he is sincerely interested in stepping up his level of competiton.

As of now, Taylor is Froch's mandatory, but for some odd reason Taylor is looking north to Bute rather than across the pond to Froch for his next match (Carl Froch Defends in April, Against Jermain Taylor? - Boxing News).

Froch should fight Bika if Taylor fights Bute. Bika is a legitimate challenge and holds the IBF strap. Froch isn't ready for Kessler - at least not with his hands down style. If he gets by Bika, which I doubt, he holds two major belts, and has a rightful claim to a big match against the winner of Taylor v. Bute or Kessler.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 12-08-2008 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch beats taylor everyday of the week for me

too smart a fighter to get drawn into jermains style of fight and his ability to pick a punch and win rounds in small spells would be more than enough to see him take a unanimous points decision.

Kesslers the fight id like to see and what with US tvs reluctance with mikkel its a distinct possibility kessler-froch come 2009 could well happen!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

too smart a fighter to get drawn into jermains style of fight and his ability to pick a punch and win rounds in small spells would be more than enough to see him take a unanimous points decision.

Kesslers the fight id like to see and what with US tvs reluctance with mikkel its a distinct possibility kessler-froch come 2009 could well happen!!
    What is Jermain's style of fight?

I'm not convinced of either fighter at super middlweight. Jermain would beat Froch to the punch nine times out of ten. Jermain has a good jab. I see Jermain beating Froch for the first 5 rounds and then Froch stepping it up. The fight would be close and it would depend on Jermain's stamina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

What is Jermain's style of fight?

I'm not convinced of either fighter at super middlweight. Jermain would beat Froch to the punch nine times out of ten. Jermain has a good jab. I see Jermain beating Froch for the first 5 rounds and then Froch stepping it up. The fight would be close and it would depend on Jermain's stamina.

carls predominently a slow starter that takes time to work his opponent out.

But as soon as he realised taylors method of fighting straight lines Froch would box taylors head off and maybe even force a late stoppage.

That win saturday was one of the most impressive performances from a british fighter this year and froch is worthy of the kudos he`ll rightfully receive for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest next for the cobra should be get back to the gym and work on his defence, I was surprised at how easy a slow Robin Reid could tag him and Pascal had no trouble finding the target either. As much as I loved saturdays fight I can't see him beating Kessler or Taylor, Pavlik stopped Taylor but Taylor learned his lesson and has improved, also Im not convinced Frochs power is all its made out to be, I think he should go for Bute next, this would be a huge win for him IF he could pull it off...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt he'll face any of the bigger names next.. looks like location problems making fights with Taylor, Bute, Mundine and maybe Kessler.. Andrade and Bika will travel but team Froch will probably want something easier for his first defence

Miranda?
    Berrio?
    Lacy?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I doubt he'll face any of the bigger names next.. looks like location problems making fights with Taylor, Bute, Mundine and maybe Kessler.. Andrade and Bika will travel but team Froch will probably want something easier for his first defence

Miranda?
    Berrio?
    Lacy?
    Oh, please, let it be Miranda!!!! Pretty Please!!!

Left Hand that hangs by the knee. Fighter is slow to get up hand and doesn't roll his shoulder properly. Puncher with huge overhand right. Hmmm....see where this is going.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to see carl move onto a unification, he needs big names as quick as possible. the fight was awesome, i do admit carl needs to work on his defence, but hes always throwing one back. I think he was always in control in the Pascal fight and he looked like he really does belong at the 168 elite.

I want to see him fight Bute or Kessler next, both would be very entertaining fights and I would back my man the whole way !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the Taylor vs Lacy fight was a WBC eliminator so i guess we should be seeing a Taylor. fight though i wouldnt mind a Kessler fight but i doubt he (kessler) would take it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post

Miranda?
    Berrio?
    Lacy?

Left Hand that hangs by the knee. Fighter is slow to get up hand and doesn't roll his shoulder properly. Puncher with huge overhand right. Hmmm....see where this is going.
    As Miranda has neither a granite chin nor impenetrable defense, that would be a compelling fight. The only thing I'd be certain of would be that it would not go the distance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny, switch their names and I'd agree with you 100%.

Taylor's got an amazing ability to steal rounds with flurries alone (see the 2nd Pavlik fight which was very close despite Taylor being outworked almost 2:1), not to mention his jab would score all night against Froch's exposed chin as well as work to set up his overhand right. He showed a pretty left hook off his jab in the Lacy fight too which I'm sure Froch would see plenty of.

I'd give Froch a chance to beat Taylor based on his power alone, but he's going to have to be both smart and lucky to do it, otherwise Taylor takes at least an 8-4 decision.

But Froch beating Taylor every day of the week? You cannot honestly believe it. You may want it, but you can't be buying it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post

Miranda?
    Berrio?
    Lacy?

As Miranda has neither a granite chin nor impenetrable defense, that would be a compelling fight. The only thing I'd be certain of would be that it would not go the distance.
    Froch could certainly spark Miranda if he lands first. This fight would be over in three rounds. I would actually give a slight edge to Froch. Froch is a better boxer by a good amount, but his bigger flaw playing right into Miranda's greatest strength. That makes it interesting, and Froch find himself sparked very easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlerock View Post

Funny, switch their names and I'd agree with you 100%.

Taylor's got an amazing ability to steal rounds with flurries alone (see the 2nd Pavlik fight which was very close despite Taylor being outworked almost 2:1), not to mention his jab would score all night against Froch's exposed chin as well as work to set up his overhand right. He showed a pretty left hook off his jab in the Lacy fight too which I'm sure Froch would see plenty of.

I'd give Froch a chance to beat Taylor based on his power alone, but he's going to have to be both smart and lucky to do it, otherwise Taylor takes at least an 8-4 decision.

But Froch beating Taylor every day of the week? You cannot honestly believe it. You may want it, but you can't be buying it.

Taylor completely outworked Bhop in that 1st fight and yet only took a close decision because he failed to impress the judges later on in the rounds.

You dont see that with froch, he doesnt have to throw it all out their during a contest because he`s able to pick his moments consistently well and force mistakes out of his opponents rather than go looking for them as taylor does.

ok so everyday of the week may of been a bit harsh on my part. I just think if the fight was ever going to happen unless it was under a cortez type ref who would wanna break up frochs work pattern whenever possible carl would do enough to ensure he doesnt get himself caught on the ropes or forced into an all out slugout which taylor would win 9/10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He loses to Taylor, Bute and Kessler.

I think Taylor will be his next opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    He loses to Taylor, Bute and Kessler.

I think Taylor will be his next opponent.

you dont think much of our english boy do you

Thread Information