Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayweather vs Pac

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs Pac

There's two big factors in this question...

One is Mayweather's sneaky straight right hand.
    And the other is Pacquiao's foot and hand speed synchronization.

Floyd's right will land, as it's Pacquaio's weakness, the straight punches through the top.

Pac will confuse Floyd by his overwhelming speed.

Right now, I see the bigger man winning, BUT if Pacquiao can take a Surprising Straight, then it will be pretty interesting down the stretch.

I think Pacquiao should take on Hatton first... No rush... Mayweather will always be there. He may even manage to get a fight to break off that ring rust. And it will further nurish the fight status to Super Fight stature.

PLUS it will give Pacquiao FURTHER time to grow into his weight. Lets not forget, this guy used to be a bantamweight guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roach said To Floyd: "Comeout & we will knock you out too."

Pac is real fighter. He'll make the pretty boy quit in the stool!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pacdbest2 View Post

Your out of your mind sir.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer
    And why would I pick against PAC? PAC haven't lost for a long time even with the increasing risks, increasing weight and bigger challenges in every next fight. PAC getting used to it, he has the momentum, he's the man right now. Why would I pick against him?

So you do see him beating Klitschko then, eh? Hhhhhmmmph, doesn't surprise me from a Pac fan really.

This is a Mayweather vs. PAC thread, we're discussing about PBF vs. PAC. Why drop another name here (Klitschko who?)?

Like I said, I pick PAC over PBF since PBF might not able to figure out PAC's very fast southpaw attacks.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    Fast southpaw Zab Judah had early success in his fight with PBF... I think PAC can duplicate that and sustain it to the later rounds...

I pick PAC to win this one...
    And JMM had success against Manny Pacquiao with his counter punching style twice, despite Manny Pacquiao's improvements. He still has fits with JMM's counter punching style.

And i think Floyd Mayweather's counter punching style, is an even worse style match up. Because he is also much harder to hit than JMM is.

And Zab Judah only won 3 rounds, as soon as Floyd Mayweather worked him out. He gave Zab Judah a beating, he landed almost x3 as many power punches.
    How about PAC coming in more patient in his attacks.

PAC attacks, PBF roll his shoulders, PAC then already out of range... PAC attacks, PBF roll his shoulders, PAC then already out of range... PAC attacks, PBF roll his shoulders, PAC then already out of range...

I don't know if PBF will also launch his own offensive instead of relying on counterpunching PAC...

BTW, were you able to transfer the 600,000 rep points you owe to me? Remember you lost in our bet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer
    And why would I pick against PAC? PAC haven't lost for a long time even with the increasing risks, increasing weight and bigger challenges in every next fight. PAC getting used to it, he has the momentum, he's the man right now. Why would I pick against him?

So you do see him beating Klitschko then, eh? Hhhhhmmmph, doesn't surprise me from a Pac fan really.

This is a Mayweather vs. PAC thread, we're discussing about PBF vs. PAC. Why drop another name here (Klitschko who?)?

Like I said, I pick PAC over PBF since PBF might not able to figure out PAC's very fast southpaw attacks.
    Floyd adapts to everybody. even if pac has got a little better (which i think he has) but eventually Pac wont have his straight left anymore then wat other tools can he use . PBF always comes in with more than 1 game plan. Pac has never met a pure poxer like floyd and JMM and Oscar dont count.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac by KO.

PBF would eat lots of right hook and straight lefts.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There seem to be some people who think PBF fights like Librado Andrade, and will simply have his chin out to hit. It will not be anywhere as easy to hit him as it was ODLH or Diaz. Regards the counterpunchin issue, I believe Floyd has quicker hands & accuracy than JMM, so may well tag him more. I would love to see this fight, altho Manny-Hatton or Manny-JMM III would be a good warm up as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacdbest2 View Post

Your out of your mind sir.
    Pay up sir.

XaduBoxer Guest

This early some boxing writers already picked PAC to win this fight:

"Surprise, surprise. It took all of a few days after Pacquiao's victory over De La Hoya that Mayweather expressed his interest in fighting the furious Filipino. There isn't a more appealing fight in the sport. Mayweather was the pound-for-pound king until earlier this year, when he retired unexpectedly. The mantle as boxing's best fighter was then assumed by Pacquiao, who has actually looked more dominant than Mayweather appeared during his reign. The only thing that separates the two would be Pacquiao's activity -- Mayweather last fought in December 2007. The fight likely wouldn't happen until fall 2009.

The winner just may be the best fighter of this generation.
    Odds: pick'em; Matt's pick: Pacquiao W 12 (split).

XaduBoxer Guest

Roach on why on Boxing Mayweather Jr is harder for Pacquiao than De La Hoya

link:
    Roach on why Boxing Mayweather Jr is harder for Pacquiao than De La Hoya

"There has been a lot of speculation that Floyd Mayweather Jr. could come out of retirement and fight Manny Pacquiao. Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach admits he likes that fight and would welcome it. Roach also understands that Mayweather Jr. would be a tougher fight than Oscar De La Hoya was.

Quoted recently in the Grand Rapids Press, Roach stated in regards to Mayweather Jr.: "Mayweather is a much more technical boxer, and he's kind of more of a passive fighter."

Roach added that the way Pacquiao would have to fight, landing combinations and getting out of the way, plus Mayweather's speed would make it a much harder task. Roach stated: "He (Mayweather) likes go to the ropes and lay there and so forth. You know, Manny's thing would have to be land combinations and get out of the way, because Mayweather's got that speed. So it would be a much more difficult task than this one (De La Hoya fight.)"

Ha ha Mayweather Jr. would be a tougher fight (for PAC) than Oscar De La Hoya...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF by UD... but the Pretty Boy image will be taken...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand why fight fans are clamoring for this match: it is the former #1 p4p boxer v. the current #1 p4p boxer, but I don't think it will be aesthetically pleasing nor very competitive.

I see Floyd winning pretty easily.

Hatton v. Pac is more competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post

Floyd adapts to everybody. even if pac has got a little better (which i think he has) but eventually Pac wont have his straight left anymore then wat other tools can he use . PBF always comes in with more than 1 game plan. Pac has never met a pure poxer like floyd and JMM and Oscar dont count.
    that would still be the money shot for Pacquiao. Logic says Floyd's stance is most vulnerable to left straight/leads. And have you seen how quick Pac's left lead lately? It might not have the same sting as his straight punches or his crosses but it sure has some serious snap. Enough to shut some eyes. So IMO he shouldn't think he won't get hit.He will be a less elusive target against Pac. He would get tagged more than he ever was. But I still think he wins this one by being offensive. sustained attacks of overhand rights and counter left hooks will do it for him.
    An empty can is always noisy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pac-man would have to fight an extremely disciplined fight to even have a chance.. he throws a lot of fast punches but he leaves himself off balance often, and i can see floyd jumping on that the whole fight.. pac's defense is his offense really, and if he can't find floyd too often (which i don't think he will be able to) then he's going to have a tough time defending mayweathers counters.. Pac has a ton of heart so i'm not sure if floyd TKO/KO's him, but definitely a UD for Floyd.

Thread Information