Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manny Pacquiao "I'm feel very confident about fighting Ricky Hatton next"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking Re: Manny Pacquiao "I'm feel very confident about fighting Ricky Hatton next"

This is Great Pac just ko'ed dela hoya and now hatton is next Pac will be too fast and slick for hatton. Pac moves too much and puts a beating on his oppenent while doing so. Hatton doesn't have a one punch power that could worry pac and he can't counter. Hatton needs to land a lot to win and thats not going to happy. FAct is before hatton lands enough to beat pac, Pac would have landed enough already to put his lights out. Juan nearly took hattons head off with hooks, image what a pac who just made dela hoya quit a 147 will do This is surely to be made at 140 cause at 147 it would be even easier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao "I'm feel very confident about fighting Ricky Hatton next"

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    This is Great Pac just ko'ed dela hoya and now hatton is next Pac will be too fast and slick for hatton. Pac moves too much and puts a beating on his oppenent while doing so. Hatton doesn't have a one punch power that could worry pac and he can't counter. Hatton needs to land a lot to win and thats not going to happy. FAct is before hatton lands enough to beat pac, Pac would have landed enough already to put his lights out. Juan nearly took hattons head off with hooks, image what a pac who just made dela hoya quit a 147 will do This is surely to be made at 140 cause at 147 it would be even easier
    I'm not sure Pac has such great power at the higher weight. I don't think ODLH was hurt so much as he was frustrated, confused, and just generally beaten. Hatton is used to walking through punches and the thing everybody seems to not notice is he has great foot speed. I think that really caught PM by surprise. He really closes in fast.

I'm with those that think this is a pick-em fight. I would pick Pac though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao "I'm feel very confident about fighting Ricky Hatton next"

I will be leaning more on Hatton, but definitely a pick em fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I posted my feelings about this fight in another thread prior to the De La Hoya fight:

I think Hatton-Pac is about a 50/50, maybe 60/40 fight (for Hatton). Hatton cuts and swells easily, and even if Pac isn't a murderous puncher at 140, he's still a high volume, accurate puncher with some power. He moves well, and he's far too intelligent to get involved in a wrestling match with Hatton. Also, they're close to the same height, so it's not like Pac is going to have to take a tremendous amount of punishment just to get inside Hatton's range. As Skel mentioned, Hatton has a history of poor performances against southpaws, and he's never fought one as skilled as Pac.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Duke View Post
    Going to be a cracking match up, got to go with Ricky in this one, I know he is not going to be the favourite after Mannys last fight, I just think another training camp with floyd and Ricky will be back to his pre Tyzu days and if that happens theirs going to be plenty of upset poeple after the fight.
    Pac and Hatton have the most devoted followings out there (I think Calzaghe fans are worse, but that's not the point). Regardless of the outcome of the fight, there will be a whole lot of sore losing and excuses being thrown around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Duke View Post
    Going to be a cracking match up, got to go with Ricky in this one, I know he is not going to be the favourite after Mannys last fight, I just think another training camp with floyd and Ricky will be back to his pre Tyzu days and if that happens theirs going to be plenty of upset poeple after the fight.
    Pac and Hatton have the most devoted followings out there (I think Calzaghe fans are worse, but that's not the point). Regardless of the outcome of the fight, there will be a whole lot of sore losing and excuses being thrown around.
    thats any fight TBH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    PAC by TKO victory...
    This is the guy that thought Malignaggi would beat Hatton....

Look how that turned out

We're not perfect ... but I have my fair share of big wins...

My recent big predictions:
    PAC over Oscar
    Margarito over Cotto
    Darchinyan over Mijares
    Caballero over Molitor

What's your record?
    I don't keep a track in my diary of who I pick to win unlike yourself

Fact of the matter Pac hasn't faced anybody like Ricky, nobody even close.

Your boy gets knocked back the Philipines by Ricky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You say Hatton doesn't have one punch power ? Look at the Castillo and Maussa fights.

Forget the Lazcano fight, Hatton is now rejuvenated with Floyd Sr.

Defensively he is sound, good jab, great power and underrated speed.

He rocked Malignaggi on several occasions forcing his corner to pull him out.

NOBODY in the world beats him at 140 pounds, NOBODY.

De La Hoya was old and shot, he never had the hunger to train, he'ld been there and done it.

Hatton hasn't. He wants the P4P #1 so badly. And when he smashes Pac next year, he'll get it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac-Man by cuts stoppage

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it just me or does he seem to be avoiding calling out Mayweather? If I wanted to be universally recognised as the man I'd be calling out the man!

According to fightnews Mayweather wants the fight and also wants Mayweather snr to train him!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You say Hatton doesn't have one punch power ? Look at the Castillo and Maussa fights.

De La Hoya was old and shot, he never had the hunger to train, he'ld been there and done it.

Hatton hasn't. He wants the P4P #1 so badly. And when he smashes Pac next year, he'll get it.
    ofcourse you think that

nobody beats hatton at 140? watch when pac gets to that division

Pac gonna demolish hatton. Its sad hatton can't go up to 147, and can't go down thte 135 and now pac going after him at 140 Hatton is done, no place to run. Just earn the big purse with pac and be retired like the other fighters pac put out

XaduBoxer Guest

This is the guy that thought Malignaggi would beat Hatton....

Look how that turned out

PAC over Oscar
    Margarito over Cotto
    Darchinyan over Mijares
    Caballero over Molitor

What's your record?

You didn't keep track of your picks but you can easily remember who I picked? Do you have a memory (brain)? I think you can easily recall who you picked in the big fights in the last six months if you still have some memory (brain)...

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Is it just me or does he seem to be avoiding calling out Mayweather? If I wanted to be universally recognised as the man I'd be calling out the man!

According to fightnews Mayweather wants the fight and also wants Mayweather snr to train him!

PAC does not usually call out a boxer.... PAC also leave the matchmaking and negotiation of a fight to his promoter... Team PAC indicated that PAC will be on vacation until the New Year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PAC over Oscar
    Margarito over Cotto
    Darchinyan over Mijares
    Caballero over Molitor

What's your record?

You didn't keep track of your picks but you can easily remember who I picked? Do you have a memory (brain)? I think you can easily recall who you picked in the big fights in the last six months if you still have some memory (brain)...
    When did I say I recalled what you picked ? I only know from what you just typed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ofcourse you think that

nobody beats hatton at 140? watch when pac gets to that division

Pac gonna demolish hatton. Its sad hatton can't go up to 147, and can't go down thte 135 and now pac going after him at 140 Hatton is done, no place to run. Just earn the big purse with pac and be retired like the other fighters pac put out
    I'm actually glad you're coming up with these comical statements. Cuz when Hatton beats the daylight shit out of Pac the win will look even better.

Thread Information