Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I just watched Pacquiao-Marquez 2

I still can't believe how Pac dismantled Oscar and I got into this mood watching his exciting fights so I watched his last fight with Marquez again and IMO it seems like Pac really won. It was close when you look at the compubox numbers or Marquez should have even won if we looked at it punch for punch coz everytime Marquez landed his shots it was consecutive punches and was pretty and well timed plus Pac is out of balanced whenever he got hit.BUT.When I scored it round by round to me Pac clearly won.

rd 1. 10-9 Marquez
    it was very close but got to give it to him for the tempo

rd 2. 10-9 Marquez
    hit Pac with a great combo and a vicious left hook to end it

rd 3. 10-8 Pacquiao
    scored a KD from a big left cross

rd 4. 10-9 Pacquiao
    fed off the momentum of the KD

rd 5. 10-9 Marquez
    recovered well and begins to connect with the right at will

rd 6. 10-9 Marquez
    slow paced round and he landed the most telling shot

rd 7. 10-9 Pacquiao
    accidental headbutt.a very close round but the tempo and the exchanges were in favor of him

rd 8. 10-9 Marquez
    dominant round for him.connected big right hands that opened a cut on Pac's right eye.Pac was clearly bothered

rd 9. 10-9 Pacquiao
    came back with his own connections of left hand that busted Marquez's right eye

rd 10. 10-9 Pacquiao
    almost scored a KD and threw a barrage of flurries on a wobbled Marquez

rd 11. 10-9 Pacquiao
    he seems to have figured out how to stay away from Marquez's right and sustained attacks continously

rd 12 10-10
    Even.I can't say enough about this round. Marquez seems desperate and is throwing it all out but Pac is blocking almost all of it while still connecting even with less power. I initially gave it to Marquez but when I watched it again,like Manny Steward stated I too was impressed by how Pac defended the onslaught so I gave it to him. I can see why Lederman gave it to Pac. But most people say Marquez threw enough to get the round.Won't matter though IMO.

115-113 Pacquiao

IMO even if Marquez won the 12th he would have still lost because of the KD.

There were 3 very close rounds.(1, 7, 12) I scored the 1st for Marquez (HBO for Pac) the 7th in favor of Pac (everyone seems to agree) and the controversial 12th even.

But I if we give it all to Marquez he would win 7 rounds and may have salvaged a 114-113 win. If I give Pac those 3 close rounds he would win with comfortable 116-111 decision.

I think Marquez won in the CompuBox stats. and by how lopsided it looked during the rounds he won. Plus I think most people are assuming that because the fight went the distance it should have been Marquez's fight. Yes it was indeed a great gameplan by Marquez and he definitely made Pac looked most awkward and uncomfortable whenever they fight.But boxing is scored round by round so I don't think people should questioned Pac's victory saying Marquez got robbed. Let's give the man the credit he deserves and let's look at him as a fighter continually improving and entertaining us like he always does.

P.S.
    I knew I'm still in awe from last saturday's fight but I think I didn't looked or sounded like a hugger. Do I liked Pacquiao? Yes.. but I'm not quite there yet.
    An empty can is always noisy.

ICB Guest

Default Re: I just watched Pacquiao-Marquez 2

I had a scorecard for this fight but i'll watch it again right now and give my scorecard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 114-113 for Pacquiao, but I also thought 114-113 for Marquez was a completely acceptable score.

Regardless, the way Pac has destroyed Diaz and Oscar gives a bit of a glimpse into how good Marquez is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    I had it 114-113 for Pacquiao, but I also thought 114-113 for Marquez was a completely acceptable score.

Regardless, the way Pac has destroyed Diaz and Oscar gives a bit of a glimpse into how good Marquez is.
    or how good casamayor is cause he was winning before the knock out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep. He's a great warrior. But styles makes fights bro. I think we should not measure how good a fighter is on who his opponents has beaten. Remember he had a very tough time against Barrera whom Pac KO'd and convingly defeated the 2nd time. Some people think Barrera even won the fight against Marquez. It was controversial and IMO more rightly so than Pac-Marquez 2.
    Last edited by the_PRODIGY; 12-11-2008 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post

but i think the fact that pac was having a hard time making 130 play a part in his performance against jmm and mab. He seemed a lot better when he doesn't have to cut weight. thats why a third match with jmm should happen. above 130.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I had a scorecard for this fight but i'll watch it again right now and give my scorecard.
    I'll appreciate it man. I also suggest you looked at my round by round analysis as you watch the fight and give me your opinion if there is something very objectable.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Marquez won on the night. I watched it again last week and still thought Marquez won.

I gave Pac 4 rounds.. maybe could have been 5. It wasn't a robbery though.

Great fight.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I thought Marquez won on the night. I watched it again last week and still thought Marquez won.

Great fight.
    What rounds specifically? And if you can remember please tell us the rounds you taught could have gone either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still think Marquez won. I don't remember the rounds but I did have it close. Probably right around 114-113

ICB Guest

1 Marquez
    2 Marquez
    3 Pacquiao 10-8
    4 Pacquiao
    5 Marquez
    6 Marquez
    7 Pacquiao
    8 Marquez
    9 Pacquiao
    10 Pacquiao
    11 Marquez
    12 Marquez

Same score i had last time 114-113 Marquez, i thought Marquez pulled it out in the championship rounds.

ICB Guest

I had JMM winning.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the_pRoDiGy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Great fight.
    What rounds specifically? And if you can remember please tell us the rounds you taught could have gone either way.
    Definitely gave Pac the 3rd, 4th and 10th.. not certain of the other.

I'm not sure about the close rounds. But clearly i was scoring them for Marquez
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had JMM winning.
    what was your scorecard after the 10th no including the 11th.

ICB Guest

I had JMM winning.
    what was your scorecard after the 10th no including the 11th.
    Well i actually done a RBR on the fight i've just found the thread, so excuse the spelling mistakes because i was very excited at the time.

Round 1

Here we go fellas Casamayor comes out fast looking to land his jab solid body shot from Casamayor good exchange no one got the advantage in that exchange even start so far counter right hands from Marquez both men looking for openings nice straight left from Casamayor short right hand from Marquez lands nicely nice counter left hand from Casamayor and a nice combo followed by a nice left hand from Casamayor he is countering nicely nice right hand from Marquez and a left hand in return from Casamayor.

Close round but Casamayor had the edge 1-0 Casamayor.

Round 2

Nice counter straight left from Casamayor to start the round and another counter left hand from Casamayor good body shots from Marquez in return Casamayor is out countering Marquez at the moment another counter left from Casamayor he is beating Marquez to the punch at the moment nice straight right hand from Marquez and a body shot from Marquez jab to the body from Casamayor Marquez lands an uppercut and a right hand nice countering from Marquez but Casamayor comesback with a left hand.

Can you get much closer than that ? maybe a slight edge to Marquez 1-1 but very close.

Round 3

Nice counter right/left hook from Marquez but a nice counter left hand again from Casamayor big left hand from Casamayor nice right hand from Marquez backed up Casamayor counter right hand from Marquez both men still looking for counter shots a low blow from Marquez not much happening its a quite 3rd round nice right hand from Marquez through Casamayor's guard nice right hand again from Marquez and another followed by a body shot glancing right hand from Marquez.

Marquez's round 2-1 for Marquez.

Round 4

Both men come out exchaning nice body shots from Marquez and a 4 punch combo from Marquez very nicely done jab to the body and a right hand to the head from Marquez another nice right hand from Marquez backs up Casamayor nice left hand from Casamayor make that two actually Marquez comesback with a straight right hand clash of heads there but no damage done nice left hand from Casamayor good jab from Marquez nice right hand from Marquez left hook to the body from Marquez hard left hook to the body from Marquez nice right hand from Marquez good body shots from Casamayor hard left hand from Casamayor at the bell.

Casamayor come on good at the end of the round 2-2.

Round 5

Casamayor comes out jabbing alot of feinting by Marquez not much happening at the moment good left hand to the body from Casamayor nice quick flurry from Marquez hard right hand from Marquez nice shot another low shot from Marquez but it was on the belt line this round is up for grabs who will steal it Marquez lands another good right hand Casamayor lands a short straight left Marquez throws another 4 punch combo and lands 2 out of those 4 punches SOLID RIGHT HAND FROM MARQUEZ great shot.

Marquez's best round 3-2 to Marquez.

CASAMAYOR HAS QUITE A NASTY CUT.

Round 6

Marquez comes out landing straight right down the pipe Casamayor pressing the action nice combos from Marquez followed by a straight right to the body Marquez got headbutted under the chin i think but he is ok and they go back to work Casamayor lands counter left but he is landing less than he did in the first few rounds nice combo on the inside by Marquez nice counter right jab from Casamayor counter right hand from Marquez nice straight left in return from Casamayor Marquez is now winning the countering battle left uppercut from Marquez counter right hand from Marquez and another.

Good round for Marquez again 4-2 Marquez.

Casamayor's left hand ain't working aswell as it was earlier.

Round 7

Casamayor comes out stalking nice counter from Marquez good left hook to the body from Marquez i like Marquez's body work good counter right hand from Marquez and aother Casamayor is struggling with Marquez's right now good right hand to the body from Marquez hard left hook to the liver from Marquez followed by two nice combos to the head Casamayor looks like he is struggling now.

Marquez's round 5-2 Marquez.

Round 8

Marquez landing the more accurate shots nice counter right hand from Marquez the only decent punch in the round so far another good right hand from Marquez followed by a body shot good straight left hand from Casamayor and another good countering from Casamayor but Marquez comesback with a counter jab solid right hand right down the pipe from Marquez nice left hand from Casamayor both men counter eachother but a nice left hand from Casamayor he has established that left hand again.

Casamayor's round 5-3.

Round 9
    Casamayor starts out with a left hand nice jab from Marquez but Casamayor counters with a straight left hand hard counter jab from Marquez nice counter left from Casamayor but a nice flurry from Marquez but again Casamayor with another counter left very hard left hand from Casamayor he is making Marquez miss in this round while landing his own counter shots another counter left right by Casamayor right on the button Marquez comesback with a straight right hand Casamayor shows nice slickness making Marquez miss nice 2 punch combo from Casamayor at the
    bell.

Another round for Casamayor but 5-4 for Marquez still IMO

Round 10
    Casamayor starts out with flicking jabs equal exchange of punches by both men sharp left hand from Casamayor body shots from Casamayor Marquez responds with body shots of his own both men countered eachother with there best punches HARD RIGHT HAND FROM MARQUEZ HIS BEST OF THE FIGHT LEFT HOOK FROM MARQUEZ counter right hand from Marquez jab jab right hand combo from Marquez left hand from Casmayor body and head shot combo from Marquez nice counter right hand from Marquez 3 in a row followed by a counter jab from Marquez.

HE TOOK THE PLAY AWAY FROM CASAMAYOR IN THAT ROUND GOOD ROUND FOR MARQUEZ 6-4 MARQUEZ.

Round 11

Casamayor comes out stalking left hand from Casamayor but short with it Marquez lands nice counter right hand again left hand from Casamayor right hand to the body from Marquez followed by counter right on the top of Casamayor's head nice counter left from Casamayor good counter left again from Casamayor nice right hand over the top from Marquez good body shot from Marquez but he eats a left hand from Casamayor in return a flurry of punches from Marquez none of them really effective AND DOWN GOES CASAMAYOR ON A HARD RIGHT HAND FROM MARQUEZ HE GETS UP BUT HE IS STILL BADLY HURT MARQUEZ GOES TO FINISH CASAMAYOR A FLURRY OF PUNCHES FROM MARQUEZ BODY AND HEAD CASAMAYOR TRIES TO COMEBACK BUT HE IS GETTING HIT WITH PUNCHES FROM ALL ANGLES FROM MARQUEZ AND CASAMAYOR GOES DOWN AGAIN ON A HARD RIGHT HAND AND THE FIGHTS OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR CAN YOU BELIEVE IT

Thread Information