Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Antonio Margarito

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: Antonio Margarito

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by awdleyfuturehalloffamer View Post
    Margarito was dominated by williams and the fight was not close. He lost 10 rounds to 2 by my eyes. That being said. No one else will expose him like williams did and he is one of my favorite fighters.

Dominated? What fight did you watch?...

10 rounds to 2??

Are you Dawlby Shirley
    Agreed 10-2 is way off base i had Paul Williams winning by 2 or 3 rounds if i remember rightly. I remember thinking Antonio Margarito had a chance to comeback, but Paul Williams clearly won the 12th round which sealed the deal.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    If I were you, Tam, I won't count on him. He's just another one of those punch eaters waiting to be exposed. It just takes a big puncher to do that. But good for him, they don't come that often these days. I think it's just a matter of time, though. I've never seen these kamikaze type fighters lasting that long. Hope I'm wrong, though.

PAcfan, Tammy boy has gone from Froch to Margarito. Baby steps.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito couldn't even hit williams. Yes 10 rounds to 2. the only rounds i gave margarito were the 10th and 11th when he had williams hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by awdleyfuturehalloffamer View Post
    Margarito couldn't even hit williams. Yes 10 rounds to 2. the only rounds i gave margarito were the 10th and 11th when he had williams hurt.
    no way thats a 10-2 fight more like a 7-5 or 8-4. but the 12th round for paul is wat sealed it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gone are the days when there were about 5 Margarito fans in total.

El Gamo, myself and a couple of others.

Now it seems like everyones always been a fan for yrs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I were you, Tam, I won't count on him. He's just another one of those punch eaters waiting to be exposed. It just takes a big puncher to do that. But good for him, they don't come that often these days. I think it's just a matter of time, though. I've never seen these kamikaze type fighters lasting that long. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Gee...That has never been said about him before

Margarito has been waiting to be exposed for so long now he will be in retirement with the claims of it still waiting to happen....

Tony has never been dominated at an elite level.....His loses to Santos are not without drama and his loss to Williams was close..More due to his lack of starting off and losing the first rounds then anything...A mistake he openly admitted during the post fight interview.....

As for a Kamikaze fighter that doesn't last too long he has been at it 14 years and for the last 8 he has not been without a world title for more then 2 fights.....

Learn the difference
    You beat me to it with your reply how long do we have to wait to catch up on him i have been a fan for most of those years and i am still waiting lol tried to Rep you but it wont let me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post

Gee...That has never been said about him before

Margarito has been waiting to be exposed for so long now he will be in retirement with the claims of it still waiting to happen....

Tony has never been dominated at an elite level.....His loses to Santos are not without drama and his loss to Williams was close..More due to his lack of starting off and losing the first rounds then anything...A mistake he openly admitted during the post fight interview.....

As for a Kamikaze fighter that doesn't last too long he has been at it 14 years and for the last 8 he has not been without a world title for more then 2 fights.....

Learn the difference
    You beat me to it with your reply how long do we have to wait to catch up on him i have been a fan for most of those years and i am still waiting lol tried to Rep you but it wont let me

I think he was confusing Margarito and Mayorga....The "MA" that starts out their names.... the fact both are Latino....Who knows....That is the best excuse I can give him because Mayorga was exposed for the level of fighter he was years ago while Tony just keeps getting better and better with every fight.....

No worries on the rep mate...I'll throw some your way...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito is good.

Better fighters than him out there though. Williams is clearly the best fighter at 147. With any luck Mosley will show him up Margarito up too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton View Post
    i think we will never see margarito at the level we did in the cotto fight, i feel he peaked that night and it was his best performance to date, he finally hit the big time and he had a point to prove,

i think it can only be downwards from that point, the way he defends with his chin is going to mean a short shelf life, and i believe we will see signs of decline in his performances as early as the mosley fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you are so right. have some rep for being right and some other people for being wrong

Thread Information