Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haye/Vitali allegedly signed for June 09 !!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haye/Vitali allegedly signed for June 09 !!

apparently this fight has been agreed for a london venue yet to be decided, i cant really post any links due to being at work but eastsideboxing.com has a story on it and i think it should be in some of the newspapers today (uk)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye/Vitali allegedly signed for June 09 !!

Vitali must first fight mandatory Juan Carlos Gomez...so I seriously doubt there will be a fight with Haye...at least not in june...

Haye vs Klitschko?
    Monday, December 15 2008
    Heavyweight contender David Haye claims he has a verbal deal to face WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko in London next June. "We sat down and talked numbers that made sense for both sides, and it's done and dusted," stated Haye to the BBC. "We agreed terms and just need to dot the I's and cross the T's. Plain and simple, this is how boxing should be." The WBC has stated that Klitschko has a mandatory obligation to face Juan Carlos Gomez first before any bout with Haye can take place.

source: fightnews.com

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

El Kabong Guest

I doubt beating JCG is going to take much of an effort from Vitali...Yanqui Diaz beat Gomez very easy.

Haye may just be blowing smoke to aggrivate Vitali or Wladimir. Wlad seemed like he was interested in fighting Haye after beating Rahman.

I think Haye NEEDS 3-5 more fights before having a legit shot at Wlad or Vitali

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's all done and dusted.

BBC SPORT | Boxing | Klitschko camp confirm Haye fight

Haye is gonna win. I can picture it now.

AND NEW............

Man I'm so excited......Britain will have a HW Champion of the world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is going to eat a big leather sammich!

Prepare to smell Vitali's urine soaked fists!!!
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post

well that is just nasty. i cant see haye beating Vitali at all. hes not the best defensive fighter in the world and Vitali has a good powerful jab. Haye is built like a real HW champ and is very strong but Vitali can take a hit. im sure this will be a good fight though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think fighting Wlad would of been the much easier option but this proves Haye doesn't want to take the easy option. You have to give him credit for that, he could of came up to HW and fought 5-6 bums and claim to be the best HW in the world, but he wants the best and he wants them now.. I take my hat off to him, boxing needs more people like him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am really surprised that Haye is pushing so hard for this fight right after jumping into the HW division. On top of that he is going after the fighter that is considered the better of the two brothers and the fighter that has never been in trouble or down from a punch.

To me if he really wanted to try and spend some time/make some money in the HW division he is making a monumental mistake. Klitschko is going to ruin him. Both brothers style is to relentlessly pound you with jabs that probably feel like getting kicked in the face with a steel toe boot until you are softened up enough to drop booming right hands and left crosses.... 6-7 rounds of these punches cause alot of punishment and will probably make you woozy for weeks after the fight.... Most of the fighters that have been dominated by a Kltischko are never the same after. Brock, Byrd, Peter come to mind although we dont know what will come of Peter but he has been awfully quiet.

I dont think any amount of experience will help Haye beat Vitali as he doesnt have the size, reach or power to cause him problems.

Interesting fight and I am excited because I smell brutal KO in 6 for V. All of his talk is going to make V want to punish Haye and to tell you the truth the talk/disrespectful attitude of Haye has turned alot of people against him including me.

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This will be a tactical fight with Haye within 74 seconds
    Hidden Content

If it's yellow, let it mellow... If it's brown, invite me 'round...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gomez: Vitali is mine!
    WBC mandatory heavyweight challenger Juan Carlos Gomez has commented to claims by ex-cruiser champ David Haye that he has a deal to fight WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko. "I understand how this kid feels and what he thinks," stated Gomez. "In fact, we have a lot in common. We both used to be the best cruiserweights in the world, now we both want to become world heavyweight champions and get rid of those annoying Ukrainians. But, David, I got one advice for you: Keep your hands off Vitali. He's mine. You can go after Wladimir if you want. He will be easier to handle for you anyways. If you desperately want to fight Vitali you will have to wait until I stripped his belt from him. After we dethroned both Klitschko sisters we can go on and find out one on one who is the best heavyweight fighter in the world if you want. It will be my honor and pleasure to beat you up to become undisputed heavyweight champion of the world."

source: fightnews.com

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is just plain silly, in an interview with Haye after the fight on Saturday he told Steve Bunce he doesn't feel the need to 'fight another Monte Barrett type fighter' so he should just go direct to a Klitschko.

He also said in the same interview that Vlad was running scared after his demolition of Monte and now the brothers were pushing for the better Vitali to take the fight.

Whatever is true fighting Vitali is just plain career suicide. If Lennox Lewis couldn't put the man down how the hell will Haye do it? I just don't see Haye lasting 12 rounds with somebody like Vitali, he doesn't have the stanima or chin to hang with him.
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking Re: Haye/Vitali allegedly signed for June 09 !!

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post

well that is just nasty. i cant see haye beating Vitali at all. hes not the best defensive fighter in the world and Vitali has a good powerful jab. Haye is built like a real HW champ and is very strong but Vitali can take a hit. im sure this will be a good fight though.
    Well, Vitali said he likes to soak his fists in his 3 year old son's urine soaked diapers. The strangest thing to that is a 3 year old wearing diapers.

If Lennox couldn't clean Vitali's clock what makes anyone think Haye can? Wlad has a jab like a jackhammer. Vitali's is just as good if not better. Haye is going to get smacked with that left hand so much he's going to smell like pee-pee and leather for 3 days. He'd better develop a cologne now so no one will suspect anything different.
    Oops

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye made two mistakes here:

1) He should've taken a couple more fights against other heavyweights.

2) He signed to fight the WRONG Klitschko. Vlad is A LOT more chinny than Vitali and that would've been Haye's best chance.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well major credit to Haye then... I echo the sentiments in this thread that he will almost surely get pummelled for however long it lasts, hell Vitali could spark him clean out at any point. I also don't see how Haye will hurt Vitali with anything, and he doesn't have the chin or stamina to outbox him for 12 rounds. Would be an incredible win if Haye could do it, maybe he see's something in Vitali, who knows. He didn't look rusty or slow to me against Peter, hadn't really lost a step from what I saw. It's possibly Haye will have some good success early in the fight if he uses good movement and darts in and out, but as soon as he get's the least bit tired, drops his hands, get's cornered, he is getting laid out. No other way I can see this going tbo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck Vitali-Haye, I want Wlad-Haye ,its way more interesting, I think Vitali is in a different league because he can't get hurt, but these two are athletic punchers who have weak chins, and this fight I actually see way for Haye to win, whereas against Vitali I really see no chance unless Haye fights guys like Samuel Peters, and I can get a better sense of where he is as a heavyweight, if making cruiserweight was really difficult for him that could account for the knockdowns as a cruiserweight, we've seen plenty of fighters chin's improve with weight, I want to see where his chin is at.

Thread Information