Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao's place in History...

Since we are on the subject of "What if's"

What if Floyd comes back, what if Pac beats Hatton, What if Santa Klause doesnt show up this year?!

Let's do this one, What if Manny fights Hatton and wins, then Floyd comes back and fights Manny and Manny wins. I would like to throw in their a fight with Cotto also but lets just leave it at those two.

Where does that put Manny in terms of overall place in History?
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao's place in History...

If he beat Mayweather and Hatton as well? Considering where he came from(weight wise), considering what he has done already, probably top 20. I think there is a very fine line between being a great fighter and honestly one of the best ever, and I think he would cross over from the first to the latter if he were to accomplish that, I also think he would rearrange Cotto's face.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    If he beat Mayweather and Hatton as well? Considering where he came from(weight wise), considering what he has done already, probably top 20. I think there is a very fine line between being a great fighter and honestly one of the best ever, and I think he would cross over from the first to the latter if he were to accomplish that, I also think he would rearrange Cotto's face.

See I agree with you I think he could take Cotto and Hatton easily with Floyd giving him the biggest challenge. So he beats all three, I think he could break into the top 10 of all time, taking into consideration all the fights he has already had, but those 3 would make him immortal.
    Last edited by Onix; 12-15-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: grammer

ICB Guest

One of the greatest of all time, he would just be outside the top 10 or maybe just inside it.

Floyd Mayweather
    Ricky Hatton
    Erik Morales x2
    MAB x2
    JMM
    ODLH
    Oscar Larios
    Jorge Solis
    David Diaz

That would be some resume add that onto the titles he has won, and how many weightclasses he has moved up.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-15-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usually you can't tell a fighter's place in history until they're really done fighting and if their name still comes up every now and then. But if he were to beat Hatton and Mayweather that would just make him a one of the best fighters to ever grace the sport. His resume now is already a thing of awe. Making it better is just crazy! Knowing Manny, he is probably only looking for big fights...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    Usually you can't tell a fighter's place in history until they're really done fighting and if their name still comes up every now and then. But if he were to beat Hatton and Mayweather that would just make him a one of the best fighters to ever grace the sport. His resume now is already a thing of awe. Making it better is just crazy! Knowing Manny, he is probably only looking for big fights...

War with Hatton, War with Cotto, Chase after Floyd, and finish it off with the final battle against JMM...Im telling you immortalized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I already consider him the greatest asian fighter of all time. Top 50 of all time as of now imo. Probably be highter by the time he retires. Also, future HOFer.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    I already consider him the greatest asian fighter of all time. Top 50 of all time as of now imo. Probably be highter by the time he retires. Also, future HOFer.

Well Greatest Asian fighter is a given, as is HOF'er but im talking top ten of allllllllllllll time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if he can beat hatton and mayweather jr then top 5 or 10 of all times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    Sorry dude, Greatest Asian fighter of all time doesn't really mean much in boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There have been a lot of great asian fighters, we just dont hear about them...If Pac beats Mayweather than yes it would be hard not to put him in the top 15 of all time. Even if beats Hatton he is bumped up a lot.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is already one of the greatest little men to ever grace the game....He already ranks up there with guys Like Salvadore Sanchez, Ruben Olivares, Fighting Harada and Khaosai Galaxy...He is a top 10 of our era....He has plenty of time left to be a top 20 ATG
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he was to beat Hatton and Mayweather he would have to be in the top 5 of all time.

Top 20 is ridiculous, that would put him on the level of someone like Hagler.

Beating Hatton and Floyd would put him higher than Henry Armstrong, Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Leanoard imo.

For a man to win world titles from fly weight to welterweight and to beat the top men in each division in the modern era would be just incredible.

It's a huge ask though, him and Ricky will be a close fight, maybe a pick'em but fighting Floyd would be a big ask.

IF he pulled it off I'd have no hesitation at all in calling him the greatest fighter of the last 20 years and sticking him in the top 5 ever.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    If he was to beat Hatton and Mayweather he would have to be in the top 5 of all time.

Beating Hatton and Floyd would put him higher than Henry Armstrong, Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Leanoard imo.

For a man to win world titles from fly weight to welterweight and to beat the top men in each division in the modern era would be just incredible.

It's a huge ask though, him and Ricky will be a close fight, maybe a pick'em but fighting Floyd would be a big ask.

IF he pulled it off I'd have no hesitation at all in calling him the greatest fighter of the last 20 years and sticking him in the top 5 ever.
    Whole agree if he’ll beat Hatton and mainly Mayweather.His accomplishment is already tremendous but to step up 3 weight classes in 1 or 2 years and beat the boxer of the decade in the most opinions, that would be a record almost unbeatable.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by iwng100 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Whole agree if he’ll beat Hatton and mainly Mayweather.His accomplishment is already tremendous but to step up 3 weight classes in 1 or 2 years and beat the boxer of the decade in the most opinions, that would be a record almost unbeatable.
    Exactly, if he beat Floyd Mayweather at 147 that in my mind would be possibly the greatest achievement in boxing history. Sounds crazy but who else in history has moved up that many divisions and beaten THE man and THE p4p best fighter in the world in THEIR weight class?

Nobody ever has. Sugar Ray Robinson failed just moving up to light heavyweight. Hopkins got massive plaudits for beating moving from middle to light heavy for beating Tarver and Tarver is nowhere near the calibre fighter Floyd Mayweather is. Roy Jones got immortalised for winning a heavyweight title, but he fought the weakest belt holder available and then moved straight back down, he was never the heavyweight champ, not even close, Lennox Lewis would have killed him.

So if Manny moved up and fought and defeated Floyd Mayweather, the Ring champ, undefeated 5 weight world champ, hands down the best fighter of the last decade, hands down p4p number 1 in the world until his retirement, and at only 30 years or so still in his absolute prime, if Manny fought and beat that guy, who else in boxing history has done that?

That's why I say IF, because it's a HUGE ask.

But beating Eric Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, Juan Manuel Marquez, Ricky Hatton, Oscar De La Hoya AND Floyd Mayweather, every single one a shoe in for the Hall of Fame, if that didn't put Manny in the top 3-5 of all time I don't know what would.

He would surely leapfrog the likes of Duran, Leonard, Armstrong etc with that performance.

Arguably it could even be a greatest of all time challenging record as Sugar Ray Robinson himself didn't beat so many Hall of Fame fighters across so many weight classes as that.

But lets not get carried away, his acomplishments so far are amazing, but he hasn't even fought Hatton and Floyd, much less beaten them yet, but if he did it would be boxing immortality and a legendary status for the Pacman.

Thread Information