Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seriously if Manny or Floyd fought Nikolay Valuev how would the fight go?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Seriously if Manny or Floyd fought Nikolay Valuev how would the fight go?

Could he really overpower them? Could he even land a punch against them?

I know it sounds crazy but watching Grandaddy Holy dance around the big oath for 12 rounds, you couldn't help but think if Manny Pacquaio was in there with him he'd box the shit out of him.

How would Valuev hit him? Manny would jump in, pound his body and be gone before Valuev even had time to block the body shots.

I'm being completely serious but I can't see any other result than Manny completely outboxing Valuev over 12 rounds.

If Ivan Calderon fought him I'd be cautiously optimistic that the little guy could spring an upset.

He has to be the worst heavyweight champ of all time, if I was a top fighter in practically any weight class I'd be clamouring for a fight with him.

He's fucking useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Seriously if Manny or Floyd fought Nikolay Valuev how would the fight go?

Bilbo my friend, the only thing that Valuev could is his meat! And he probably can't do that good either! I'm telling you right now that anyone can beat him Chyna from WWF could probably kick his ass. This is the worst fighter in the world and ever will be! Bring on Nonito Doniare or however u spell it KO for the bantamweight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Seriously if Manny or Floyd fought Nikolay Valuev how would the fight go?

Anybody that has high work rate would beat Valuev by decision.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalifan4life View Post
    Bilbo my friend, the only thing that Valuev could is his meat! And he probably can't do that good either! I'm telling you right now that anyone can beat him Chyna from WWF could probably kick his ass. This is the worst fighter in the world and ever will be! Bring on Nonito Doniare or however u spell it KO for the bantamweight!
    You what I'd love to see, Brock Lesnar come over from the UFC and pound the living shit out of him.

Even better if Randy Coutoure could pull it off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo you don't need Lesner all you need is George St. Pierre or even like a retired Sugar Ray Leonard or maybe even like Ali he shakes more than Valuev does anything in the ring.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalifan4life View Post
    Bilbo you don't need Lesner all you need is George St. Pierre or even like a retired Sugar Ray Leonard or maybe even like Ali he shakes more than Valuev does anything in the ring.
    I'd actually love to see Marty Rogan get the call and beat him.

Imagine that, a 37 year old Irish taxi driver who won a reality type show then went on to beat Audley Harrison wins the world title in his 12 th pro fight against Nikolay Vlauev.

What a great story that would be, he didn't start boxing until 2004 and he really could pull it off too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

would be funny, i think pac and floyd would have time to smoke a few sticks before valuevs punches get near. then they would easily duck underneath move away and smoke another one or two

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the heavyweight had any brains, they'd charge in and kind of rugby muscle them into the corner and hold them there while they pounded them... They'd surely be able to take a few punches while rushing forward...

But that's assuming heavyweights have brains...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

floyd beat big show. he can beat valuev

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scott22 View Post
    floyd beat big show. he can beat valuev
    Sweet Post!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    If the heavyweight had any brains, they'd charge in and kind of rugby muscle them into the corner and hold them there while they pounded them... They'd surely be able to take a few punches while rushing forward...

I don't know if any of you have played the rgp game Oblivion?

Well fighting Valuev is just like fighting an ogre on that.

You just circle around them wait for them to do their own attack, a wild club swing, move out of the way and then dart in and land a couple of blows and circle again.

After a couple minutes of this their energy bar goes down to zero and they fall over and die.

I reckon Manny could do it.

Plus its hard to get them in the corner and pound them seeing as you cant hold them. All Valuev can do is try and get in range and then prod out his jab. If he was allowed to pin them up against a wall and squeeze them to death he could win (still have my doubts) but without being able to grab them I don't think it matters how big he is.

He'd never land anything against them and if he got them to the ropes Manny would just duck through his legs, he'd be uncatchable.

But it this way, how often have you gone toe to toe with a fly and lost?

Without the aid of spray or a huge rolled up paper what are you going to do?

Try and kill a fly with just your bare hands as it buzzes around your room.

It's very frustrating indeed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post

I don't know if any of you have played the rgp game Oblivion?

Well fighting Valuev is just like fighting an ogre on that.

You just circle around them wait for them to do their own attack, a wild club swing, move out of the way and then dart in and land a couple of blows and circle again.

After a couple minutes of this their energy bar goes down to zero and they fall over and die.

I reckon Manny could do it.

Plus its hard to get them in the corner and pound them seeing as you cant hold them. All Valuev can do is try and get in range and then prod out his jab. If he was allowed to pin them up against a wall and squeeze them to death he could win (still have my doubts) but without being able to grab them I don't think it matters how big he is.

He'd never land anything against them and if he got them to the ropes Manny would just duck through his legs, he'd be uncatchable.

But it this way, how often have you gone toe to toe with a fly and lost?

Without the aid of spray or a huge rolled up paper what are you going to do?

Try and kill a fly with just your bare hands as it buzzes around your room.

It's very frustrating indeed!
    True good point... I'm sure it would never eventuate, but even a a sparring session where Valuev agrees not to totally knock Manny's head off if he DOES catch him.. But it would surely be interested... I'd have the fight going for 12 rounds, unless the fight lets the heavyweight tackle the little guy into the corner and hold him there while he punches..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im sure Richard Schaeffer is already on the phone booking that circus for Oscar.. I can see Delahoya billing this as a modern day David and Goliath with a $70ppv

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He might try to scramble up Valuev's pant leg and hit em in the ol bells a few times....only they seem to be missing at the moment..... so it would be fruitless

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Im sure Richard Schaeffer is already on the phone booking that circus for Oscar.. I can see Delahoya billing this as a modern day David and Goliath with a $70ppv
    I'm suprised someone doesn't fancy the job.

I mean in all seriousness Roy Jones, B Hop, Chad Dawson, Joe Calzaghe, I'd take all four of them to dominate Valuev.

A straight forward banger like Pavlik might have some troubles but a speedy elusive fighter or a defensive wizard like Hopkins would whoop his ass.

Thread Information