Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post
Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
I agree with you here, I think Wolfe has done a great job of making him tough, but now he needs to learn more fundamental skills. Someday he's going to run into someone with a chin like Vera's but actually has a slight level of boxing ability and that spells trouble for him. He is an exciting fighter though and I think he is in a division where he could do some damage even as he stands now. His stamina ultimately will be his downfall though.
I think his stamina is typically good, but not for this fight. He needs to keep Wolfe. Just like with Jermain Taylor, you could bring in a better trainer and get a worse result. He and Wolfe are very close, like siblings and I think far more harm would be done to his progress if she weren't around. Bring in someone who knows what she doesn't to teach him and I guarantee you the Junior Middleweight division will have a monster on its hands. And then the Middleweight division.
I think Sergio Martinez would pick apart and decimate Kirkland, I'm excited with the influx of good fighters emerging at 154. I understand what you are saying about a new trainer, but don't you feel Kirkland has learned what he can from Wolfe?