6 Berto
    7 Berto
    8 Berto
    9 Collazo
    10 Collazo
    11 Berto
    12 Berto

115-113 Andre Berto.

Harold Lederman is a moron how the hell did he give Luis Collazo the 7th round ? all Luis Collazo did in that round was drop his hands and do nothing, terrible scoring from Harold Lederman.

Also the 6th round i thought was quite clearly Andre Berto's and he gave Luis Collazo that one aswell what the hell ? was Harold Lederman even watching the fight ?

Luis Collazo gave away too many of the middle rounds and Andre Berto finished too strong in the fight, for Luis Collazo to get the nod IMO.
    Last edited by ICB; 01-18-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Berto vs Luis Collazo My Scorecard After Rewatching It

Just downloading it now I'll post mine up too, looking forward to it sounds like a good scrap.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Just downloading it now I'll post mine up too, looking forward to it sounds like a good scrap.
    It was a good fight all the way through with the fight changing both ways a few times. I can only think of maybe 2 rounds in that fight that were mediocre, pretty much all the rounds had some drama in them.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where did you get a copy from? I checked a few places but haven't found it yet?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    You know where too look mate if you know what i mean

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    'Last Nights Fights'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched it again this morning. And I only gave rd2, 7, 8, and 12 for Berto.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Streams were shite last night. I have 3 different sites crash on me so it was impossible to score the fight. In the end I relied on commentary from here because it was so damn frustrating. Thank god I don't have that problem next week!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rewatched it 3 times today on a fatty widescreen.Once without volume.Had it scored 114-113 Collazo....still.

ICB Guest

It seems to me the rounds that are controversial are the 1st, 6th, 11th, i thought the 1st round was very close both men had there moments. It could of gone either way so i scored it even.

I thought Andre Berto clearly won the 6th round, despite Luis Collazo coming during the middle part of the round. I feel Andre Berto landed too many punches and overall had the better of the round at the start and at the end.

The 11th round i feel was reasonably close but i felt Andre Berto, clearly outworked Luis Collazo in that round. Despite a good effort from Luis Collazo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im still 114-113 Berto.. He wasnt that badly hurt in the 1st, like Lennox said he didnt have his back leg behind him when Collazo stunned him...

Berto fought the wrong fight plain and simple, he elected to mix it up with a guy who he felt couldnt hurt him, tried assurting himself knowing all eyes were on him for this step up fight, except the tough game experienced Collazo wasnt going to go away and berto had to dig deep to find another gear... He was tested and he passed

He can box beautifully and can slip punches as well, but chose to make this more diffiult than it had to be, Luis is a slick southpaw and top Welter, this fight will open up some doors for Collazo, this loss will not railroad his career at all and I think it galvanizes Berto as a top guy as well

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Im still 114-113 Berto.. He wasnt that badly hurt in the 1st, like Lennox said he didnt have his back leg behind him when Collazo stunned him...

Berto fought the wrong fight plain and simple, he elected to mix it up with a guy who he felt couldnt hurt him, tried assurting himself knowing all eyes were on him for this step up fight, except the tough game experienced Collazo wasnt going to go away and berto had to dig deep to find another gear... He was tested and he passed

He can box beautifully and can slip punches as well, but chose to make this more diffiult than it had to be, Luis is a slick southpaw and top Welter, this fight will open up some doors for Collazo, this loss will not railroad his career at all and I think it galvanizes Berto as a top guy as well
    What suprised me is that Luis Collazo was mostly winning the inside game, and Andre Berto was mostly winning the outside game. I thought it would be the other way around.

Im not writing off Andre Berto i still think he's got alot of talent, and he showed alot of stamina/heart. But one major flaw he does is when he's on the inside, he squares himself up too much and he needs to work more on his inside game badly you could see he is still very green as an inside fighter.

And he needs to stick to boxing more instead of brawling, he's for certain like the modern day version of Meldrick Taylor. Let's just hope he doesn't end up like Meldrick Taylor by brawling too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post

What suprised me is that Luis Collazo was mostly winning the inside game, and Andre Berto was mostly winning the outside game. I thought it would be the other way around.

Im not writing off Andre Berto i still think he's got alot of talent, and he showed alot of stamina/heart. But one major flaw he does is when he's on the inside, he squares himself up too much and he needs to work more on his inside game badly you could see he is still very green as an inside fighter.

And he needs to stick to boxing more instead of brawling, he's for certain like the modern day version of Meldrick Taylor. Let's just hope he doesn't end up like Meldrick Taylor by brawling too much.
    Yep has that Taylor streak about him were he wants to brawl and respond when tagged.. Collazo being a south paw really gave Berto problems like most fighters, though Berto was scoring on the outside he didnt look comfortable just about the whole fight, if Luis had an orthodox stance Andre would have looked a hell of a lot better and landed more..

I think the Berto his team and family are smart enough to work on the adjustments...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight, this is my card.

1 Collazo
    2. Berto
    3. Collazo
    4. Collazo (10-8 round)
    5. Berto
    6. Collazo
    7. Berto
    8. Berto
    9. Collazo
    10. Collazo
    11. Berto
    12. Berto

Collazo 114
    Berto 113

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People shouldnt be too hard on Berto for this. Collazo is a very underrated and tough guy. Remember what he pretty much ended any thought of Hatton being a welterweight, went the distance fairly easily with Mosely, and Kod Miguel Gonzalez, not a bad record. I think this more proved how good Collazo can be, not that Berto is a bad fighter.

Thread Information