Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Marijuana Inc.

There was a documentary on CNBC last night about the marijuana trade in America particularly in northern California. I thought it was very interesting, some of these guys that run marijuana clinics in California pay literally hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in taxes, did anyone else watch it?

Here's a link to it Marijuana Inc: Inside America’s Pot Industry, Business, Domestic Production, Government, Drug, Medicine, Economy, Profit - CNBC.com
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marijuana Inc.

Didn't see it, but I've cleaned out a few houses in Southern Cali that were used to grow the clinics supplies. The spend a ton of money on modifying them with extra furnaces, industrial grade electrical wiring, etc. Of course that is until they get raided.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sounds like an amateur version of the hit show "weeds"
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    sounds like an amateur version of the hit show "weeds"
    Some of these grows make weeds look like a container garden. One guy said he was spending $500,000 a week getting new cars, boats, trucks and stashhouses. He actually hired a professional research firm to find out which points were the most protected and least protected to smuggle through.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds like even in Northern California there is conflict between state and federal laws. It's not clear to me what is going on with all the growers in Mendocino. As far as I can tell, it's not legal to grow anything more than for personal use.

States such as California and Oregon are more "mature" than in Canada when it comes to personal marijuana use. There is nothing at all legal about any kind of recreational consumption in Canada.

Medicinal marijiana is legal in Canada to a certain extent, you are allowed to possess a 30 day supply, and that supply is determined by your doctor. People carry licences which should keep them free of harrasment. I have seen people smoking on bar patios who say they can do it because of their license.

In any event there is a lot of red tape, and if you want medicinal marijuana legally you have to get it from the feds, or you can buy seeds from the feds. If you are interested in reading about medicinal marijuana in Canada, here is a link.

Medical Use of Marihuana - Main Page

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't click the link but marijuana is definitely an industry here. 50 years ago towns like Willits, Humboldt, Ukiah werre nothing but now have thriving economies built solely upon weed. It's nuts, it'll be interesting to see. A kid I know picked up SEVEN POUNDS yesterday, nuts.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, the deal in Mendo is that a few years ago voters voted decriminalize weed and there was no plant limit placed on the ballot meaning that Ukiah became open grounds for commercial growers. So almost overnight gangs were buying huge plots of land and started growing soooo much, it didn't take long from there until some seniors at the high school there tried to steal some plants and it resulted in one of those kids getting shot and that was it, now most people are in favor of a plant limit and they've elected a bunch of conservatives now who have been running on anti-weed platforms.

That's been going on for a few years I last read about it probably a year ago when I was living just a few minutes out of Ukiah.

Thread Information