Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Margaritos Camp Offers An Explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Moono View Post
    this truly saddens me, a mexican is guilty before proven innocent? its a shame how we are treated.

Margarito is innocent.

please guys lets not focus on this because we already have it rough in america, lets just ignore this BS even if margarito was found with a plaster just who cares? im sick of mexicans always being under scrutiny.

why is it ok for mosley to cheat with roids and people let him slide after he admitted to injecting himself?
    how come no one talk about pacquiao admitting to cheating and lying about his age? pacman said he put steel in his pants to make weight and even dishonestly lied he was 16 years old and said he was 18, why is it ok for that?
    Oh do shut up,everybody is hoping he's innocent,we've just been going over the consequences if he isnt.
    Stop it with this poor pitiful Mexican routine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Cmon,everybody secretly knows Bonds was juicing on HGH,just without proof,what can you do.
    And if you broke in to his house screaming "AHA,IVE GOT YOU NOW" and there was no got to get,youd look pretty bad
    There are accounts of Bonds testing positive for steroids.. Unfortunately it was before the steroid tests were implemented. Therefore, when you have money, and some big names working for you, you will find those loopholes (See: OJ Simpson)..

It's not a secret, and they have proof.

This is still a chemical test versus a human witnessing a physical object being illegal..

This is a BIG deal, and in sports, ESPECIALLY as testosterone driven as boxing, I don't think there needs to be a quiet voice.. If someone travels in a basketball game, everyone yells "THATS A TRAVEL!!" to the ref.. I don't think that if someones life was on the line, anyone would be quiet about worrying about loaded gloves.

You're used to boxing, financially, on a much much much much lesser level.. and i don't mean that in a bad way at all.. i'm just saying that these boxers are making millions upon millions.. the promoters are very wealthy, and these are professionals.. If there is not someone monitoring the wrapping of gloves in every fight, then there are issues far beyond this one incident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Moono View Post
    this truly saddens me, a mexican is guilty before proven innocent? its a shame how we are treated.

Margarito is innocent.

please guys lets not focus on this because we already have it rough in america, lets just ignore this BS even if margarito was found with a plaster just who cares? im sick of mexicans always being under scrutiny.

why is it ok for mosley to cheat with roids and people let him slide after he admitted to injecting himself?
    how come no one talk about pacquiao admitting to cheating and lying about his age? pacman said he put steel in his pants to make weight and even dishonestly lied he was 16 years old and said he was 18, why is it ok for that?

Mosley is BLACK, you idiot. If you're going to talk about being racist in America you should at least be smart enough to compare this to a White Male.

Woe is you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    Cmon,everybody secretly knows Bonds was juicing on HGH,just without proof,what can you do.
    And if you broke in to his house screaming "AHA,IVE GOT YOU NOW" and there was no got to get,youd look pretty bad
    There are accounts of Bonds testing positive for steroids.. Unfortunately it was before the steroid tests were implemented. Therefore, when you have money, and some big names working for you, you will find those loopholes (See: OJ Simpson)..

This is still a chemical test versus a human witnessing a physical object being illegal..

This is a BIG deal, and in sports, ESPECIALLY as testosterone driven as boxing, I don't think there needs to be a quiet voice.. If someone travels in a basketball game, everyone yells "THATS A TRAVEL!!" to the ref.. I don't think that if someones life was on the line, anyone would be quiet about worrying about loaded gloves.

You're used to boxing, financially, on a much much much much lesser level.. and i don't mean that in a bad way at all.. i'm just saying that these boxers are making millions upon millions.. the promoters are very wealthy, and these are professionals.. If there is not someone monitoring the wrapping of gloves in every fight, then there are issues far beyond this one incident.
    They really arent,the cuts are the same levels,its just the size of the pie. Those cuts are more or less industry standards,in some cases they're mandated by law,in some cases we just agree to do it like that.
    So we've had this discussion before about boxer pay.
    And Im a little higher on the food chain then you think,Ive booked a little higher then that.
    By the time it reaches fight night,the promoter is only there to wave and wear a nice suit. At that point its down to the event coordinators,you can almost watch them develop grey hairs,boxers are like herding cats. The commision guy is overworked as hell too, he gives the wraps a perfunctory little squeeze at best,even for a prize fight.
    Now in this case,the commision is saying they saw dust come off his wraps,very well could be true.
    But I have a suspicion somebody knew something

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure I read somewhere that because it was discovered brfore Margarito got in the ring the worst he can expect even if he's found to have had illegal stuff in his gloves is a fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They really arent,the cuts are the same levels,its just the size of the pie. Those cuts are more or less industry standards,in some cases they're mandated by law,in some cases we just agree to do it like that.
    And Im a little higher on the food chain then you think,Ive booked a little higher then that.
    By the time it reaches fight night,the promoter is only there to wave and wear a nice suit. At that point its down to the event coordinators,you can almost watch them develop grey hairs,boxers are like herding cats. The commision guy is overworked as hell too, he gives the wraps a perfunctory little squeeze at best,even for a prize fight.
    Now in this case,the commision is saying they saw dust come off his wraps,very well could be true.
    Can you not be defensive for a second? I don't know if that's possible man.. All i'm saying is that your fights are on a whole different level than these fights.. Don't even entertain the thought that the funds involved with what you do are similar to an HBO, Showtime or PPV fight. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with you not being on that level, but clearly if you're defending yourself in such a way, maybe you do. Believe me, I was not taking a shot at you.

Regardless of how overworked ANYONE is. These are PROFESSIONALS. Does my boss give a shitt what my reason was that i didn't get something done on time? Unless it was health related, HELL NO. Point being that this is something VERY important if your god damn name is on the belt at stake, and/or if your promotion company is promoting the fight.

You sometimes tend to get a little too involved with intricacies because you feel you know a lot about the sport. We're talking big picture here. Big money. Hundreds of thousands - Millions of viewers. PROFESSIONALS. This is a business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that because it was discovered brfore Margarito got in the ring the worst he can expect even if he's found to have had illegal stuff in his gloves is a fine.
    He was allready looking at a 30 day no contact suspension for getting KTFO,you add this in,if its proven,we're looking at a possible indefinite. And with the high profile of it,I allmost guarantee that.
    Yes a commission can do that to you,and in this case,if its proven,I bet they do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can you not be defensive for a second? I don't know if that's possible man.. All i'm saying is that your fights are on a whole different level than these fights.. Don't even entertain the thought that the funds involved with what you do are similar to an HBO, Showtime or PPV fight. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with you not being on that level, but clearly if you're defending yourself in such a way, maybe you do. Believe me, I was not taking a shot at you.

Regardless of how overworked ANYONE is. These are PROFESSIONALS. Does my boss give a shitt what my reason was that i didn't get something done on time? Unless it was health related, HELL NO. Point being that this is something VERY important if your god damn name is on the belt at stake, and/or if your promotion company is promoting the fight.

You sometimes tend to get a little too involved with intricacies because you feel you know a lot about the sport. We're talking big picture here. Big money. Hundreds of thousands - Millions of viewers. PROFESSIONALS. This is a business.
    No,you misread me,there are governing bodies,that mandate how much you can take from the purse.
    And big fights or small,its allways the same level of panic to make sure it all goes off without a hitch. Its rife with an opportunity for something to slip under the wire. Matter of fact the bigger fights a better chance then the smaller ones. Because its just more hectic. If Im putting on a fight in say Blacksburg,well its only so many fighters to deal with,and the commisioner is probably there,because their isnt alot of pro fights in Virginia anyway. If I tried to slide something under the wire there,Id bet Id get get caught trying it. California has high profile cards all the time,and nobody can be everywhere at the same time. Hell Id hate to be commisioner there.
    Give me a slot on a commission where maybe one pro fight happens a month.
    Ive done big and Ive done small,and while I havent done GREAT BIG,Im sure they are just as chaotic as the others,and Im betting even moreso

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was allready looking at a 30 day no contact suspension for getting KTFO,you add this in,if its proven,we're looking at a possible indefinite. And with the high profile of it,I allmost guarantee that.
    Yes a commission can do that to you,and in this case,if its proven,I bet they do.
    I don't think it should make any difference when they discovered it, Margarito and the seconds involved should be banned from boxing for life if it's found to be true. I'm just passing on what I read somewhere. Like you say because it's such a high profile fight they almost have no choice anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it should make any difference when they discovered it, Margarito and the seconds involved should be banned from boxing for life if it's found to be true. I'm just passing on what I read somewhere. Like you say because it's such a high profile fight they almost have no choice anyway.
    Thats what Ive been trying to say, with the profile of the fight, I dont see how in the hell the commission doesnt hit him with at least an indefinite suspension.And again I want it stressed,if the wraps come up positive for plaster of paris, they shouldnt have been doctoring his guaze anyway,thats just begging for troubles, but if they come up for plaster of paris
    Ugggghhhhhhh
    Its just going to be a black eye for the whole sport if he's caught using it,and doesnt at least get an indefinite

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    The state has to sanction the bout as well,its not just up to the WBA. So if the state athletic commission doesnt like it,you cease to have a fight.
    Fine, why weren't either the California State Athletic Commision OR the WBA involved, between the money in sanctioning fees these two organizations get SOME of it should surely go to making sure the equipment is up to code.
    My bet is somebody in Mosely's camp knew he was juicing his wraps.They dont check wraps that heavily normally. The guys both train within miles of each other,so its not beyond the pale that someone who was in Mosely's camp used to be in Margarito's.
    My bet is somebody quietly said,"You wanna check his wraps". And Id think the quiet voice had to be pretty sure,before he wanted a double check.
    I still hope this all turns out to be BS,because Margarito is a fun fighter to watch. But hearing that explanation makes me seriously consider that it isnt.
    So you are just going to dissect my question instead of answering it?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fine, why weren't either the California State Athletic Commision OR the WBA involved, between the money in sanctioning fees these two organizations get SOME of it should surely go to making sure the equipment is up to code.
    My bet is somebody in Mosely's camp knew he was juicing his wraps.They dont check wraps that heavily normally. The guys both train within miles of each other,so its not beyond the pale that someone who was in Mosely's camp used to be in Margarito's.
    My bet is somebody quietly said,"You wanna check his wraps". And Id think the quiet voice had to be pretty sure,before he wanted a double check.
    I still hope this all turns out to be BS,because Margarito is a fun fighter to watch. But hearing that explanation makes me seriously consider that it isnt.
    Oh come now,even in relatively mid realm fights,half the time you wouldnt use the gloves the fighters are using in the ring in your gym for fear of getting someone hurt.
    They dont usually check that close

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh come now,even in relatively mid realm fights,half the time you wouldnt use the gloves the fighters are using in the ring in your gym for fear of getting someone hurt.
    They dont usually check that close
    How is that ok especially in a title fight? It would not be a big deal given the budget of the WBA and the California State Athletic Commision, to pay someone to stand there and watch them wrap their hands, put on their gloves and be safe about it. Shit like this has happened before, and unnecessary and serious injuries have happened. I don't understand you saying, that's the way it's been in the past so it's fine to do it this way now...........
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didnt say it was OK,I said it was the way it is. That little prefunctory hand grab you see on tape when your watching a fight right before their coming out,that really is it,thats the check. The promoters pick the gloves,and they reuse them until there isnt anything left to reuse,Ive got gloves nobody is even allowed to use on the bags because they might hurt themselves that are in better shape,then some of the gloves being used in pro fights. If they dont catch something there,it remains uncaught. Im betting hard that somebody from Mosely's camp used to be in Margarito's and knew about it in advance.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Early signs are not good. I wont pass judgement until the substance is confirmed. I would definitely like to hear Margarito say something before too long. What his camp has said thus far, sounds somewhat implausible.

Loading gloves is criminal and in a risk sport like this should be treated very, very harshly. Just got to wait it out a while longer, and then we can all make a fully informed opnion about what really happened.

Thread Information