Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curious question for the bandwagon crew...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Curious question for the bandwagon crew...

Just out of Curiosity I am wondering something...and I will not call anyone out on it just would like to know how Richardson became the best trainer in the world after 2 fights

Hopkins/Pavlik...Shane/Tony....All of a sudden he is better then everyone else in the business

Second....

Why is it that after every big fight the winners trainer is the best in the business...

Before the DLH/Pacquiao fight people were talking about Nacho being the best trainer in the world, Buddy was the best on these boards last year, Steward is mentioned everytime a big name favorite loses a fight and the blame goes to the trainer...Lets see...I remember Roach being stated as the man to have in your corner about 6 months ago,,,Then of course Roger Mayweather was walking on water when PBF was active,,,

I need to know how you guys narrow these things down?

Or is the Boxrec rating system just in effect...

Because I guarentee that if the next time Richardson's fighter loses to another fighter he will be over rated and put back in the Who is he?" Catagory
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Curious question for the bandwagon crew...

the same way everyone wanted to hire buddy mcgirt after tarver kayoed roy...bernard and shane didnt need naozeem they would have beaten those guys anyway because they're both long in the teeth and already know what to do.
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its boxing bro,when your hot people cant even touch you without getting blisters,when your cold your pleasantly surprised that people still answer your phone calls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good replies
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its the immediacy and new flavor of the month mentality.We do the same with fighters also,short term memories I suppose.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Its the immediacy and new flavor of the month mentality.We do the same with fighters also,short term memories I suppose.
    Yeah exactly - flavour of the month.

Notice how many diehard Mosley fans there is since his great win.. yet only a small minority picked him to win before the fight
    Last edited by Fenster; 01-27-2009 at 06:41 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Its boxing bro,when your hot people cant even touch you without getting blisters,when your cold your pleasantly surprised that people still answer your phone calls
    Keep chipping away you'll make the cold list one day mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nazeem Richardson the best trainer in the world ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Notice how many diehard Mosley fans there is since his great win.. yet only a small minority picked him to win before the fight
    True, it's like in the NCAA tourney, you have a coach nobody heard of before but he gets his small school to the Sweet 16 & all the big schools then want to hire him.

I will say, I always liked Shane but didn't think he'd win thinking he was past his prime. I'm glad I was wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Promotion. They aren't (usually) the front guys so after the fight the fighter sings his praises a little and maybe the trainer gets a few more phone calls.

McGirt is a serviceable trainer, but at times too close to the action. He'll pull his guy out before it gets too risky. Look at what he did with Gatti & Malignaggi. Both guys were getting beaten and he didn't want to see them get hurt.

Steward will always be hall of fame, IMO, win or lose. The guy sees things in fighters and makes almost everyone he trains better. If not for Taylor I'd say everyone. He even made Cintron a little better, but I don't think he was entirely convinced there was something there to work with. Anytime your fighter gets his head knocked off and your back in the broadcast booth before the sweat has dried is highly indicative of what you think of him.

Roger Mayweather is good with Floyd. Has he proven anything with anyone else? And wasn't Mayweather just as good when he was in prison?

Floyd Sr. is a hall of famer, but probably a pain in the ass to deal with. He'll tell you the right things, but make sure you know he is your Lord and Saviour in the process.

Freddie is good, but I question how good that would be if Manny Pacquiao were a bus driver.

I'll sum it up with this: great trainers are good with anybody. Good trainers are great with 1 or 2 fighters. Nazeem is a good trainer. Hell, with Mosley he was just on the bus that drove off the cliff into the lake of gold.
    Oops

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's long over-due for some credit, you can't say he doesn't give his fighter a good gameplan.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can be a fan of a fighter without picking him to win though. I was cheering for Mosley, but I thought Margarito was going to handle him. Same thing when Molitor fought Caballero. Maybe I'm just a pessimist...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

You can be a fan of a fighter without picking him to win though. I was cheering for Mosley, but I thought Margarito was going to handle him. Same thing when Molitor fought Caballero. Maybe I'm just a pessimist...
    Yeah I agree. I pick against the fighter i want to win all the time. I'm talking about the numerous people that currently claim to have ALWAYS been huge Shane fans. I doubt he was even in the top 20 most popular fighters on this board before the Margarito win.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no such thing as the best trainer in the world, no trainer is right for everyone and no trainer is going to be automatically the best for every fighter out there. That's why a lot of the best trainers try to train guys to specific styles which is why a lot of trainers have whole stables of fighters who look like copies of each other in the ring.

Anyways, I'm talking about something that doesn't matter. What does matter is that Nazim is finally getting his due. It's a lot more money for the trainer if they only work with championship caliber fighters but Nazim I think had 5 sons () all amateur boxing champions including Rock Allen. Obviously they are guys he built from scratch which a lot of those guys mentioned as top trainers didn't do and when the topic of best trainers comes up those are the guys who never get the credit or the mentions they deserve.

Both Margarito and Pavlik were beat on film and before they stepped into the ring and that's abundantly clear by the way both Hopkins and Pavlik worked. It's pretty well documented how calculated and how much of a film-buff Hopkins is in planning, not sure about Shane but really the reason Nasim is getting his mentions in now is because he deserves it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Keep chipping away you'll make the cold list one day mate
    Ive been on it,and Ive been off it,your allways one good fighter away from getting off it.
    Not a very sentimental buis dude

Thread Information