Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bernard Dunne vs. Ricardo Cordoba

Irish media product has landed a title shot against WBA interim titleholder Ricardo Cordoba.

Dunne, who was heavily defeated by Kiko Marrtinez, not very long ago has had tough times since, wining close fights to blown up bantamweights.

Similar to Kahn, Dunne is a good boxer, limited by his physical durability and in particular his chin.

Any interest?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bernard Dunne vs. Ricardo Cordoba

Ill watch it but don't think Dunne has what it takes on the world level, agree he's like Khan, all hype no chin, though where Khan can hit, Bernard lacks any real power...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless Dunne has been using the same tactic on his chin that I used to use on conkers.....marinating it in vinegar for two weeks to make it harder, then I don't think he can really mix it at world level. He's likely to get sparked again if he's fighting anyone with some serious power.

However, I'm thinking of calling in a favour of a guy I know in Dublin and seeing if I can't make it over, I'd love to go to a partisan Irish boxing night!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Ill watch it but don't think Dunne has what it takes on the world level, agree he's like Khan, all hype no chin, though where Khan can hit, Bernard lacks any real power...
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Unless Dunne has been using the same tactic on his chin that I used to use on conkers.....marinating it in vinegar for two weeks to make it harder, then I don't think he can really mix it at world level. He's likely to get sparked again if he's fighting anyone with some serious power.

However, I'm thinking of calling in a favour of a guy I know in Dublin and seeing if I can't make it over, I'd love to go to a partisan Irish boxing night!
    Agree with both the above.

And If Brian Peters doesn't loathe me at this stage (a distinct possibility!) I'll see you both there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post

And If Brian Peters doesn't loathe me at this stage (a distinct possibility!) I'll see you both there!
    How did you shit on the blanket with Dunne`s camp? What happened?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by barrykil1980 View Post

How did you shit on the blanket with Dunne`s camp? What happened?
    Honestly man, I was honest.
    I wrote a couple of scathing articles about Dunne and noticed my ringside seats began to become less ringside, I started to drift back and back!

Oh well, I'm not gonna sacrifice honesty for my own good

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wrote a couple of scathing articles about Dunne and noticed my ringside seats began to become less ringside, I started to drift back and back!

You didn't dare suggest that Bernard had a suspect chin and got caught cold by Kiko Martinez did you?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You didn't dare suggest that Bernard had a suspect chin and got caught cold by Kiko Martinez did you?
    I may have

I may also have wrote;
    "Rafael Marquez, Celestino Caballero, Steve Molitor and "El Magnifico," Israel Vasquez.
    Those are experienced fighters that can box with tenacity and skill.
    I'm afraid Dunne doesn't have the physical makeup to withstand what those men can administer."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I may have

I may also have wrote;
    "Rafael Marquez, Celestino Caballero, Steve Molitor and "El Magnifico," Israel Vasquez.
    Those are experienced fighters that can box with tenacity and skill.
    I'm afraid Dunne doesn't have the physical makeup to withstand what those men can administer."
    Neither do 90% of the super bantamweights at the moment. At least Bernard Dunne can console himself with the fact that he is miles ahead of the likes of Munroe and Martinez in skill level and that getting caught cold by a big puncher is par for the course in boxing. His chin may not be the best but nowhere near as bad as people make out, and he has more going for him than against him.

If I were Brian Peters I wouldn't be worried about your opinion, I think you flatter yourself to think he would give a f$*K what you wrote, but that's just my humble opinion!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by katiek View Post

Neither do 90% of the super bantamweights at the moment. At least Bernard Dunne can console himself with the fact that he is miles ahead of the likes of Munroe and Martinez in skill level and that getting caught cold by a big puncher is par for the course in boxing. His chin may not be the best but nowhere near as bad as people make out, and he has more going for him than against him.

If I were Brian Peters I wouldn't be worried about your opinion, I think you flatter yourself to think he would give a f$*K what you wrote, but that's just my humble opinion!

You'd be amazed at how much the promoters actually pay attention to what is discussed on these websites, and especially what is written. For example, I know that writers for Saddoboxing couldn't get passes for any Sports Network events after someone wrote something about Joe Calzaghe having fragile hands that annoyed Frank Warren.

As for Dunne then, you've got to admit he's got a big job on his hands against Cordoba, and will be fighting someone significantly above him in terms of the company that he's mixed in, who also has a reasonable KO record. Hopefully, Dunne will have been working a lot on his defence, and will need to be at his very best to get anything out of Cordoba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by katiek View Post

You'd be amazed at how much the promoters actually pay attention to what is discussed on these websites, and especially what is written. For example, I know that writers for Saddoboxing couldn't get passes for any Sports Network events after someone wrote something about Joe Calzaghe having fragile hands that annoyed Frank Warren.

As for Dunne then, you've got to admit he's got a big job on his hands against Cordoba, and will be fighting someone significantly above him in terms of the company that he's mixed in, who also has a reasonable KO record. Hopefully, Dunne will have been working a lot on his defence, and will need to be at his very best to get anything out of Cordoba.
    I agree with everything you say about Dunne V Cordoba, Dunne definately has his work cut out for him. I would give him a slim chance of winning because of his skill but like you say needs to keep a tight defense.
    If promoters listened to half the criticism wrote about various boxers, they would never give out passes and with the amount of crap said and wrote about Dunne I would think Peters would let it go in one ear and out the other.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon Dunne will do well to NOT get KO'd here. 7/4 Cordoba.

Is this on RTE web?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

XaduBoxer Guest

Default Ricardo Cordoba vs. Bernard Dunne for WBA Super Bantam Belt on March 21 in Ireland

Ricardo Cordoba vs. Bernard Dunne for WBA Super Bantamweight Belt on March 21 at O2 Arena in Dublin, Ireland.

I got the Panamanian to KO/TKO the Irishman...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricardo Cordoba vs. Bernard Dunne for WBA Super Bantam Belt on March 21 in Irelan

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    Ricardo Cordoba vs. Bernard Dunne for WBA Super Bantamweight Belt on March 21 at O2 Arena in Dublin, Ireland.

I got the Panamanian to KO/TKO the Irishman...
    I agree Cordoba is a monster. Dunne is a decent fighter, but not near enough power to keep Cordoba honest.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just reposting this...

I think Cordobas got too much skill for Dunne.
    He'll box circles around him and I think Cordobas def. got the goods to go far in the Bantam div. would love to see a return match vs. Caballero now that both are major players in the div.

Thread Information