Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: floyd turns down Mosley....

Calzaghe, tried slapping Hopkins which IMO is coping out of really boxing to "Beat" Hopkins, he wasn't the one landing clean punches, if you want to give people rounds for throwing a lot of slaps and missing then be my guess, it was a close fight regardless, but Hopkins won it because of the knockdown. Calzaghe also good a gift decision against Roy Jones Jr., not that he won it, but by the margins the judges was retarded, no way did they have the right to give him every round except the first. Hell, I watched it originally on the Brittish broadcast and even they had Calzaghe only up by three or four rounds at the end, and they were sucking on Joe's cock when they talked about the fight.

Also Mayweather was too big for the lower divisions? He's only 5'8 looks like he's completely bulked out at 147. No way was he TOO big at 130 he fought over half his career there. He could easily still be a lightweight if he wasn't trying to up.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Calzaghe also good a gift decision against Roy Jones Jr., not that he won it, but by the margins the judges was retarded,
    Ohhh! You mean that circus exhibition billed as a legit light heavyweight fight?

Man, that fight made me so fuckin mad. Jones has Calzaghe down in the 1st with pain etched all over his face and what does Roy do? Taunt him and smile at him until he recovers...

What would the old Roy have done? Finished Calzaghe with the next blistering 10-punch combination he threw. Roy did not want to fight.
    What a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe, tried slapping Hopkins which IMO is coping out of really boxing to "Beat" Hopkins, he wasn't the one landing clean punches, if you want to give people rounds for throwing a lot of slaps and missing then be my guess, it was a close fight regardless, but Hopkins won it because of the knockdown. Calzaghe also good a gift decision against Roy Jones Jr., not that he won it, but by the margins the judges was retarded, no way did they have the right to give him every round except the first. Hell, I watched it originally on the Brittish broadcast and even they had Calzaghe only up by three or four rounds at the end, and they were sucking on Joe's cock when they talked about the fight.

Also Mayweather was too big for the lower divisions? He's only 5'8 looks like he's completely bulked out at 147. No way was he TOO big at 130 he fought over half his career there. He could easily still be a lightweight if he wasn't trying to up.
    Holy s**t!!!! Your posts get more stupid as you get older. LMAO
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jonesmayweather or whatever the hell your name is, truth is you just came out from under a rock when mosely won.... Fact!!! Yep I remember you from before but you were inactive till 3 weeks ago

Corrales was PFP#5 when Floyd beat him down..

Hatton was PFP#9 when Floyd beat him

Castillo was ranked #1-2 in the division when Floyd beat him..

Floyd is a great no matter what you say, I find it so exhausting that people are getting so immature and pissed off today at a guy that retired a year and a half ago

He is heads and shoulder above Calzaghe in achievment and quality of comp etc.. Floyd wasnt rematching guys he beat via 1st round KO(Veit)

Why dosent Floyd wait till Mosely turns 43 and Pac 40 beat them, and he'll be a great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's compare Oscar when he fought Mayweather to Mosley now. Oscar before fighting Mayweather beat the crap out of Mayorga, not only only dropping him with a left hook in the first round (Trinidad stopped Mayorga to the body, and couldn't hurt Mayorga upstairs even when Mayorga gave him freeshots to his jaw), but Oscar also picked Mayorga apart with his jab until he hurt Mayorga and stopped him on the ropes in the sixth round. People said Mayorga was super shot after the Trinidad fight, but around the same time Mosley was fighting Vargas, the first fight was really close, and going in Vargas' favor except that he had bad swelling which rendered him unable to defend himself against the right hand, and the ref stopped it. In the second fight Vargas was terribly weight drained, and looked like a zombie as him and Mosley both looked ineffective until Mosley landed a huge left hook, but he didn't dominate the rounds leading up to the KO anywhere near to the degree Oscar did. Then Mayorga and Vargas fight, and the "shot" Mayorga beats Vargas and drops him 3 times over their 12 round, ugly, fight.

In the meantime Mosley beat Collazo, but Collazo broke his hand and still Mosley wasn't able to land very many effective punches, and even though he won most of the rounds, he certainly didn't dominate them. Then he lost a close fight to Cotto where he was outtimed, outboxed, outpowered by Cotto, and only his great chin saved him. Then Mosley fought 12 ineffective rounds against an older Mayorga than Oscar fought, and didn't look anywhere near as good as De La Hoya did.

My point is that the Oscar, Mayweather fought was at least on Mosley's level in terms of how dangerous he was, clearly a bigger puncher than Mosley, more effective offensively. Oscar was beating Margarito up as sparring partner for quite some time, but people payed no attention to that when I brought it up. Oscar also was never bruised or battered when Mosley was his chief sparring partner, while he was in the lead up to the Pacquiao fight. My point is that
    Dude I've learned not to be so bullheaded, because a lot of the guys on here are pretty knowledgeable and cool cats. Therefore I try to leave insults out.

BUT YOU MUST BE ON FUCKING CRACK If you believe the oscar over mayorga victory was "telling" in terms of who was dangerous. That was a set up fight to help boost oscar's legitamacy as to a real PBF opponent. Mayorga had one easy fight in nearly two years after tito blasted his ass.

then the vargas that oscar beat courtesy of a another tito blasting. was roughly the same. then you try and discredit mosley for beating in the first fight. UHHH how the fuck did his head swell up? Because mosley was pounding him with right hands. then scored the tko in the second fight. And the fights with fernando were at 154...shane is too bulky at 154 as i told you three years ago. Oscar carries the weight better. example he looked much better against floyd at 154 than he did against manny at 147... as shane looked better against collazo,cotto, and marg, at 147 than he did against vargas,winky,mayorga @ 154...

Either you're just a super dooper floyd fan or you really dislike mosley because you've never given him credit for shit. Hell so what collazo hurt his hand...gatti beat ward with a broken hand. Roy beat hopkins with a broken wrist. And tell me how in the hell oscar leading up to the pbf fight was more dangerous than mosely..

oscar lost to mosley, then strum regardless of the decesion, kayoed by hop, then beat out of shaped rusty mayorga then fought pbf...

where as shane has only one close loss to cotto since losing another competitive fight with winky in 2004.
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Jonesmayweather or whatever the hell your name is, truth is you just came out from under a rock when mosely won.... Fact!!! Yep I remember you from before but you were inactive till 3 weeks ago

Floyd is a great no matter what you say, I find it so exhausting that people are getting so immature and pissed off today at a guy that retired a year and a half ago

He is heads and shoulder above Calzaghe in achievment and quality of comp etc.. Floyd wasnt rematching guys he beat via 1st round KO(Veit)

Why dosent Floyd wait till Mosely turns 43 and Pac 40 beat them, and he'll be a great
    i didn't say calzaghe was great, neither is floyd. Floyd has great skills, yes at the lower weights his victories over castillo,corrales,chavez,manfredy hernandez, even hatton and judah were credit to his resume..but there are fights left that he could have taken. And that should count against him. in terms of his all time placement esp since all these guys might end up fight each other.

Point is Joe cleaned out his division and stayed there forever then fought and beat hopkins depsite him being forty 43 and you want to talk about rankings HOP was 2 or 3 p4p when they fought because of his thrashing of tarver. then he beat pavlik after almost beating JC. What Joe did is exactly what hopkins did at MW...hop rematched allen who he beat by tko in 7...then hop moved up and beat tarver to his credit. same as jc moving up and beating him.

mayweather jumping weights and beating guys with titles is just as impressive as holding down a division for a decade...only thing is floyd actually has opponents in each weight. BHOP ran out and so did JC....

and just because I was away and came back doesn't mean anything more than i'm still saying the same thing i said three years ago evidenced by the past threads i showed you. So because i shot down your bandwagon theory of me jumping on mosley after he beat margo is bullshit, but since you didn't have a real comeback to support that dumb statement you had to try and dismiss it to "crawling from under a rock"...funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Floyd chooses not to put his body thru the riggers and in harms way, why should that be held against him? He is not interested in fighting anymore bottom line.. That's his personal choice, it's his body and health... What do you give a shit for, if he fights and beats Mosely but collapses in the corner and goes into a coma like McClellan, you can still be some know it all hater who thinks he has the autonomy to dictate who is great FROM BEHIND A COMPUTER MONITOR in the safety of your home.

Fact is no one really gives a lump of dog dookey what you think is great or should be quote unquote held against someone.. Not Floyd, not the people at Canastota who already have a spot reserved for Floyd, me, probably 90% of the forum..

Hope that helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post

i didn't say calzaghe was great, neither is floyd. Floyd has great skills, yes at the lower weights his victories over castillo,corrales,chavez,manfredy hernandez, even hatton and judah were credit to his resume..but there are fights left that he could have taken. And that should count against him. in terms of his all time placement esp since all these guys might end up fight each other.

Point is Joe cleaned out his division and stayed there forever then fought and beat hopkins depsite him being forty 43 and you want to talk about rankings HOP was 2 or 3 p4p when they fought because of his thrashing of tarver. then he beat pavlik after almost beating JC. What Joe did is exactly what hopkins did at MW...hop rematched allen who he beat by tko in 7...then hop moved up and beat tarver to his credit. same as jc moving up and beating him.

mayweather jumping weights and beating guys with titles is just as impressive as holding down a division for a decade...only thing is floyd actually has opponents in each weight. BHOP ran out and so did JC....

and just because I was away and came back doesn't mean anything more than i'm still saying the same thing i said three years ago evidenced by the past threads i showed you. So because i shot down your bandwagon theory of me jumping on mosley after he beat margo is bullshit, but since you didn't have a real comeback to support that dumb statement you had to try and dismiss it to "crawling from under a rock"...funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    i can no longer defend the guy in terms of where he stands in the all time ranks. whether he's retired or chooses to come back and fight. as it stands he not an all time great. He's on the same page as calzaghe IMO. Good fighters with great numerical numbers.
    I won't defend him for anything else but putting him on the same page as Calzaghe?? No way..

The guy became a world champ in his 18th or 19th fight. Won titles in 5 different weight classes. Has fought legit threats and live opponents in or close to their peaks. (Corales undefeated, Ricky Hatton undefeated, Jesus Chavez, Jose Luis Castillo x2, Oscar with all advantages in Oscar's favour, Judah).

Sure, he has faced a few dead bodies in there along the way but putting him in the same vein as Calzaghe is taking the piss...You're comparing Floyd to a guy who fought nobodies (apart from an old, short notice Eubank) until his 43rd or so fight.

Blegit, you've made the smartest post so far. Well done. People forget to mention that Floyd was calling Mosely out closer to both of their primes. Now that Mosely is somehow on top again, a retired Floyd is 'ducking' him? Pathetic.
    Thank you for the compliment. And it did strike me as so partial that people refuse to mention Floyd calling out Mosley when Mosley was a fearsome lightweight who no one wanted to see. I am a Mosley fanatic but Mosley wanted none of Floyd back then and I refuse to lie just because the truth is not what I want to hear. The truth needs to be told in entirety not partially as to portray something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    i can no longer defend the guy in terms of where he stands in the all time ranks. whether he's retired or chooses to come back and fight. as it stands he not an all time great. He's on the same page as calzaghe IMO. Good fighters with great numerical numbers.
    I won't defend him for anything else but putting him on the same page as Calzaghe?? No way..

The guy became a world champ in his 18th or 19th fight. Won titles in 5 different weight classes. Has fought legit threats and live opponents in or close to their peaks. (Corales undefeated, Ricky Hatton undefeated, Jesus Chavez, Jose Luis Castillo x2, Oscar with all advantages in Oscar's favour, Judah).

Sure, he has faced a few dead bodies in there along the way but putting him in the same vein as Calzaghe is taking the piss...You're comparing Floyd to a guy who fought nobodies (apart from an old, short notice Eubank) until his 43rd or so fight.

Blegit, you've made the smartest post so far. Well done. People forget to mention that Floyd was calling Mosely out closer to both of their primes. Now that Mosely is somehow on top again, a retired Floyd is 'ducking' him? Pathetic.
    Thank you for the compliment. And it did strike me as so partial that people refuse to mention Floyd calling out Mosley when Mosley was a fearsome lightweight who no one wanted to see. I am a Mosley fanatic but Mosley wanted none of Floyd back then and I refuse to lie just because the truth is not what I want to hear. The truth needs to be told in entirety not partially as to portray something else.
    Good man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    Floyd Mayweather Jr. Turns Down Shane Mosley - Boxing News

Exactly the reason why floyd will never get the respect he thinks he deserves. Every time he has a live challenge he turns it down and goes for a vulnerable option. Coward is probably my best description of him.

He wants Pac and doesn't want Mosley. Go figure. Mosley right now is in a great position that has opened up many options and has put any fighter willing to fight him in position to make more money. floyd has no excuse besides the fact the he's just no willing to risk losing his "0".
    Well its quite obvious you just don't like PBF. Definitely one sided and some untrue. Keep in mind Mosley is my all time favorite fighter as I write this and I am no PBF fan. I just respect and am not in denial about his skills. But I am in no way bias. I remain a true boxing fan. You have a few things you fail to point out. One, PBF is retired. Its like me going on record and saying PBF is ducking me now because he is not coming out of retirement to fight me. Two, PBF left an Oscar fight on the table to retire so I'm pretty sure he isn't ducking anyone but just wants to retire or take time off. Three, PBF offered Mosley a fight twice and was turned down once and priced out the second. But of course, PBF is the coward because now he is in retirement not fighting anyone. Fourth, PBF never said he wants Pac or any other fighter for that matter. Fifth, PBF never made any statement it is everybody else making it for him and all the fans and anti-fans mixing half truths to create whatever they wish it to be. Like this thread. Let the man retire. Like Calzaghe, Lennox Lewis, and every boxer who retire. They are not active only your mind is so lets move on.
    I guess you're underinformed because everyone who's following the developments knows floyd told his people to entertain offers. You can't have it both ways. If he doesn't want to fight then he should not say he wants to entertain offers. All of a sudden, the guy who poses the one of the biggest threats to his "0" comes off a big win showing he has plenty left and everyone of his fans calls him retired again. Bull!!!
    You are right. I am underinformed. We all are thats why we are debating he said she said. We really don't know what Floyd said. Only that this person, that person, and my uncle's cousin's roommate's friend said Floyd told him this and that. Anybody in business will listen to a multimillion dollar spill, of course. But listening and not taking anyone up on their offer doesn't mean you can say that you pick out Mosley as the offer he is scared of. He hasn't taken any offer. My friend please be a little unbias and let the truth only lead so we can have a possible debate instead of an argument. Remember, Mosley turned down a Floyd fight twice and now Floyd has not accepted any offers and you call him coward. Mosley must be a coward too. YOU can't have it both ways. I am not a Floyd fan so he will not get anything more than he deserves from me. But I am not in denial, the boy is as close to the perfect fighter as I've seen. Ever.
    Last edited by blegit; 02-13-2009 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Floyd chooses not to put his body thru the riggers and in harms way, why should that be held against him? He is not interested in fighting anymore bottom line.. That's his personal choice, it's his body and health... What do you give a shit for, if he fights and beats Mosely but collapses in the corner and goes into a coma like McClellan, you can still be some know it all hater who thinks he has the autonomy to dictate who is great FROM BEHIND A COMPUTER MONITOR in the safety of your home.

Fact is no one really gives a lump of dog dookey what you think is great or should be quote unquote held against someone.. Not Floyd, not the people at Canastota who already have a spot reserved for Floyd, me, probably 90% of the forum..

Hope that helped
    Check out the irony in this statement...Man i hate dumbasses that wrongly use the word "hater"....how the fuck can one be a hater by stating the fact that floyd factually has retired leaving fighters on the table that could help him rank higher in the boxing al time great list. Not once have I said that floyd wasn't skillfully great or said that he couldn't beat mosley. But fanboys as much as I dislike that word also, you are obviously one for floyd. As in if no one says "nobody stands a chance against floyd period, or he'll easily beat this guy and that guy", then they're a hater? You're a retarded sensitive idiot that defends this guy as if he's paying you. And it's so bad that you can't even be objective. It's like if someone says Mosley has more power, you'll say "nope uhh uhh you're wrong floyds hands are faster so he hits harder" or some other dumbshit. here's a video for you and all the other floyd "supporters" whereas i like the guy because he's a talent in a sport that I love to watch. One my all time favs at that. So check yourself out in this joint.....and anyone else that may fit the shoe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acYFSjblm4I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holy s**t!!!! Your posts get more stupid as you get older. LMAO
    What part of that is stupid? The only thing stupid regarding my post is your response, and what category your classified in when you take an I.Q. test.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd knows he will get his ass kicked. Shane would manhande him and probably knock him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's what people said Corrales, Castillo, Judah, Hatton, and especially Oscar would do yet none of them came even close.

Thread Information