Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Karl Pilkington

Anyone here a fan of Ricky Gervais' podcasts with Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington?

I know Gervais is an acquired taste and many hate him but I've always loved his humour and these podcasts are gold.

Karl Pilkington is so hilariously funny imo and I love listening to his opinions which whilst absurd and ridiculed by Gervais and Merchant mercilessly do usually actually have some point.

Anyway, is anyone else here a fan?
    Last edited by BoxingGorilla; 02-26-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Karl Pilkington

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Anyone here a fan of Ricky Gervais' podcasts with Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington?

I know Gervais is an acquired taste and many hate him but I've always loved his humour and these podcasts are gold.

Karl Pilkington is so hilariously funny imo and I love listening to his opinions which whilst absurd and ridiculed by Gervais and Merchant mercilessly do usually actually have some point.

Anyway, is anyone else here a fan?
    Yeh I'm a big fan - I've got all the podcasts. KP is awesome and I love anything Gervias does!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, I haven't heard these. It's difficult for me sometimes to become aware of things. I think Ricky Gervais is pretty funny. They've shown The Office and Extras on the BBC out here recently and I've enjoyed watching them both. Seen more Gervais stuff by perusing you tube, but otherwise, like I say, I find it hard to keep abreast of stuff. I've never actually heard of Karl Pilkington, but these podcasts sound intesting, wouldn't mind hearing them somehow.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    No, I haven't heard these. It's difficult for me sometimes to become aware of things. I think Ricky Gervais is pretty funny. They've shown The Office and Extras on the BBC out here recently and I've enjoyed watching them both. Seen more Gervais stuff by perusing you tube, but otherwise, like I say, I find it hard to keep abreast of stuff. I've never actually heard of Karl Pilkington, but these podcasts sound intesting, wouldn't mind hearing them somehow.
    They are easy enough to find on the net, the piratebay have his most recent two Guide to Medicine and Guide to the Arts, the Arts one had me in hysterics.

If you can find them though its best to start at the beginning with Ricky Gervais Podcasts Season 1 etc.

I absolutely love them and find the things Pilkington says so often echo my own thoughts, he's hilarious.

The Pirate Bay - The world's largest BitTorrent tracker

You can get the latest guides to the Arts and Medicine there.

I'm sure someone else can get better links than these too

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will download some of that and have a little listen over the week. The Pirate Bay is great, especially as I can be culturally starved sometimes.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kp is class

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I downloaded the Medicine and Arts parts, they were funny. Especially Pilkington.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I downloaded the Medicine and Arts parts, they were funny. Especially Pilkington.

Pilkington is a legend, that art one had me in stitches. The bit where he was explaining how had a wall mirror in his lounge behind the telly and looks at himself watching telly just cracked me up. Gervais laughing 'You just such a weird little man!'

And the bit where he was talking about the 'worm has turned' saying arguing it was a stupid saying becuase how can you tell whether a worm has turned and what side up it is, his idiot mind mixed with occasional flashes of insight is just genuis.

If you can find all of the podcasts over the years they are well worth listening to.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Pilkington is a legend, that art one had me in stitches. The bit where he was explaining how had a wall mirror in his lounge behind the telly and looks at himself watching telly just cracked me up. Gervais laughing 'You just such a weird little man!'

And the bit where he was talking about the 'worm has turned' saying arguing it was a stupid saying becuase how can you tell whether a worm has turned and what side up it is, his idiot mind mixed with occasional flashes of insight is just genuis.

If you can find all of the podcasts over the years they are well worth listening to.
    Yes, really funny especially when Gervais and Merchant (his name ?) would just crease up laughing at Pilkington. I will definitely listen to more. It's very good comedy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I have the first two seasons burned onto CD's. The others have been harder for me to get, but I have listend to them all. You can listen to some stuff on YouTube.

Love Gervais and Pilkington. I liked Merchant in Extras, but I do not think he is entertaining otherwise.

Thread Information