Thread: Just Back Briefly To Say.....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just Back Briefly To Say.....

I think a dance off will settle this once and for all.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    For those who are asking if ICB has really copied my posts and or things I've said here's one I tracked down and there's more let me try and find them.

So I noticed a while back when ICB 1st came on here that he used to repeat things that I would post. Like I remember I brought up Jose 'Maestrito' Lopez into light and said he would have beaten ODLH, Tito, Vargas & Ike and the next day he made a thread that read something like "I think Lopez would have beaten ODLH, Tito, Vargas & Ike on his best night he was something else. What do you guys think?? Opinions"

Run a search and you'll see the thread.

This had happened before where he would echo my comments to make it seem/appear like he said it. At 1st I was like nah! I think it's just me but then it happened again and again and the last time it happened I guess he couldn't really remember what I had said about Arguello that he took a shot in the dark but missed. He said watching Arguello fight was like watching Mozart... When in reality I had said wathing Alexis fight and throw punches must have been like watching Picasso paint as every punch would be like the precise stroke of Picassos brush onto the canvas. He said Mozart.

Anyway! I was going thru my "New replies to my posts" and found this. Keep in mind ICB just saw Pernells 1st fight a couple of nights ago when the 1st posts took place and heres what I replied.
    (ICB had changed his name to OBPacstraighleft after losing a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick

SweetPea had shown skill and lots of talent since he was an amateur.
    His flow in the ring was like water current movements that seemed synched but were all really going with the flow of the opponent.

Now heres what he posted today about Pernell. Look/sound familiar Not only that but he just saw the fight for the 1st time about 2 days ago from the top post and now hes saying hes been a fan since then.
    Then being 2 days prior...

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft
    Whitaker's first pro fight got me hooked he looked so damn good and it looked like his body was made out of water i couldn't believe my eyes ever since then i have been a fan.
    Speaks volumes yeah Mick.I can see how that could be a pisser.Damn doppleganger fashion sorta riding coat tails.There is nothing wrong with just saying.."I did not know that" and learning as ya go.No need for the halloween charade.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not impressed with this thread at all. Ice has taken time off and got even more entrenched with the same old way of thinking. In the past few weeks he has insulted CGM, Bilbo, Memphis and CMM when all they have really done is highlight inconsistencies and contradictions in the very words he himself wrote on this forum.

I have never had any major problems with Ice besides the odd debate on the boxing board. Ice can be an extremely likeable poster, and does have a decent knowledge of the sport having been following it closely some time now. He can be a positive influence on the boards. But to continually post without taking responsibilty for ones own words is wrong.

I was hoping Ice might come back with a sense of humour and a little humility and just concede that he has been a bit of a prat. This is a communal kind of place and people like to know where they stand with each other. A long time member shouldn't need to spin things, and to come back headstrong in the face of evidence showing you up, is not the way to earn respect.

It could have turned out a lot better than this. But that's just the way it goes I guess.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 03-02-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    I take it you saw the Red Bull B-Boy battle on MTV last night?

The finals was Taisuke (Japan) vs. Wing (Korea).
    Wing won.

Or are you into Americas Best Dance Crew?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    I take it you saw the Red Bull B-Boy battle on MTV last night?

The finals was Taisuke (Japan) vs. Wing (Korea).
    Wing won.

Or are you into Americas Best Dance Crew?
    Im at the P.I right now, I didnt get to see that red bull bboy battle on mtv last night. Im not even sure if they have MTV channel here

I like that show americas best dance crew though, they got some sick moves.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Mick I think your taking this way out of proportion mate. Coming from an outsider it seems like your trying to bully ICB and taking it personal. I seriousley don't know what your getting at here. I always liked you Mick...but your taking this shit too serious.

Fact is, whatever ICB has done...lied...whatever. He contributes an awful fuckin lot to this site, a hell more than most other members. That's the main thing IMO.
    Lee I take it serious because he's on the Main Board making shit up and trying to pass as if it's a fact.

ICB plenty of times tried to get at me and debate with me as if his word was the law and it's all that mattered. This isn't something that just springed up because of the whole chess thing.

This here between ICB & I has been on for about 2 yrs. or so, so don't think for a second this is something new.

We've got a lot of people who contribute reason ICB is noted is because he creates a thread about EVERY single boxing thought that crosses his mind. He used to create about 10-15 threads a day when he 1st came on here just posting fights.
    Anyone can contribute that way, you could contribute making threads about anything anyone can.

What he didn't realize is that in making so many threads he would mix up comments and stories.

As for the File Sharing/fights those links can be found online.
    He doesn't cap them he get's the links from other sites he's on anyone can get them if you just search for them.
    El Gamo used to do the same thing when he was around but I belive El Gamo used to trade fights also.

Anyway, Lee if I'm taking this serious it's because I've seen this from the start and because ICB felt the need to post a PM where he thought he'd surprise me with something but if you read the PM I clearly say things I've said before.
    I got no beef with Ice. But Mick ain't lying. Mick has been suspicious about Ice's knowledge for a long time. This ain't something recent. We've discussed it more than once

I know Ice is well known for stating he never saw a fight. But than weeks later he says he saw it and makes a thread giving his thoughts. I don't know many times Ice has stated this. And I ain't going to bother looking it up. But there are some fights I know he's not lying on. I know cuz I supplied him the fights. A thread about that fight obviously followed. I know I gave him a copy of Jose Luis Castillo first to Cesar Soto. I think Ike Quartey-Crisanto Espana and a couple of others. The last fight I shot him was Ricardo Lopez-Rosendo Alvarez 2. And that's cuz I had got tired of reading how he never saw it. I'll back him that he saw those fights. He's on his on own on them other allegations.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, what can I say... ICB and I have debated before and I've already said what CMM is saying now.

First and foremost, I've learned to like ICB for his passion about the sport. I've already noticed his inconsistencies and the starting of threads after we talk about certain issues/fighter. I don't see any problem with them but I do see a problem with lying and not admitting it when found guilty.

Anyway, let's just play chess without cheating. Hehehe.

@CGM, I'm afraid I made so many errors in our game that you may not want to play with me again. LOL. That's a sign I'm not using a computer.

@ ICB, when you come back, just settle it with Mick and admit you've made a mistake by posting his private message and copying some of his ideas. Honestly, reading Mick's private message(the one you posted), I could not see where the backstabbing happened.

To bilbo, just pardon ICB for thrashing you in chess. You were playing against a computer and that should make you prouder.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    Well, what can I say... ICB and I have debated before and I've already said what CMM is saying now.

First and foremost, I've learned to like ICB for his passion about the sport. I've already noticed his inconsistencies and the starting of threads after we talk about certain issues/fighter. I don't see any problem with them but I do see a problem with lying and not admitting it when found guilty.

@CGM, I'm afraid I made so many errors in our game that you may not want to play with me again. LOL. That's a sign I'm not using a computer.

@ ICB, when you come back, just settle it with Mick and admit you've made a mistake by posting his private message and copying some of his ideas. Honestly, reading Mick's private message(the one you posted), I could not see where the backstabbing happened.

To bilbo, just pardon ICB for thrashing you in chess. You were playing against a computer and that should make you prouder.
    I've never lost to Ice in chess Bruce and I never will. I simply wouldn't play him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Who the eff is ICB?
    2. It's 'draughts' not 'chequers'
    2. We've already done 2
    3. Has anybody seen my baseball?

That is all.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

I've never lost to Ice in chess Bruce and I never will. I simply wouldn't play him.

I stand corrected. You were playing checkers?

Btw, I'm a grandmaster in checkers.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I stand corrected. You were playing checkers?

Btw, I'm a grandmaster in checkers.
    Yep a game which I've never learned to play I must add

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man is that it for this one??

I've been enjoying these ICB threads they're good entertainment. I think pickin a fight with Mick, who's probably one of the more popular posters on here, is probably not the best way of coming back briefly & winning people back over. If it was a case of just coming back to talk about the JMM win then that should have been done on the main board, doing it here does kinda seem like an attention-grabbing ploy.

I have to say I liked ICB whilst he was here, I felt he knew a lot (certainly more than I do) & thought he was a nice dude. But the Chess thing clearly was more suspect than simply 'I beat CGM' as loads of us have now read the Chess thread where he/you (if you're still here) say two quite different things & then quote some chess playing guy with a girl's name but claim it as you're own. Also you may have read Mick's PM to you in a different way, but to me it actually seemed to just be a more polite version of what he's said on this thread.

I'm still hoping that you do come back because you were good for discussion on the main board, & I haven't got any beef with you, but this could have all been nipped in the bud much quicker. Oh well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If ICE wanted to create a fake life.
    Thats honestly a shame for him,not on him,but for him.Because he didnt get to do it. Honestly most people in the real world dont care about the things Ive achieved. They truthfully couldnt care less about boxing,or punk rock,or caving,matter of fact they think its weird that I want to achieve in those areas.
    Coming on here and making up fake achievements makes it double weird.
    If he really did the stuff he said he did,he's got to be real po'ed about the pitchforks the rope and the torches.
    Im taking a middle of the road stance

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Thats honestly a shame for him,not on him,but for him.Because he didnt get to do it. Honestly most people in the real world dont care about the things Ive achieved. They truthfully couldnt care less about boxing,or punk rock,or caving,matter of fact they think its weird that I want to achieve in those areas.
    If he really did the stuff he said he did,he's got to be real po'ed about the pitchforks the rope and the torches.

You mean you've achieved as much in punk rock and caving as you have in boxing? I believe you

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post

You mean you've achieved as much in punk rock and caving as you have in boxing? I believe you
    There won't be any bats left to go caving for.......they still havent figured out how to stop the bat disease from spreading.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Thread Information