Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default More Khan C**P

God i wish he would just shut his mouth does himself no favours does he?

http://www.livefight.com/news/khan-infuriates-thaxton-fans_803.html

Amir Khan has declared that he will target the EBU European Lightweight title now that Jon Thaxton has lost because Amir claims the hard-working professional from Norwich did not want to defend the title against him.

Speaking to the Bolton News Khan declared :-

“If I win, there are a lot of options – including the European title now that Jon Thaxton has lost it, as he wouldn’t fight me.

“If I could win that, it would prove to people that is what I would have done to Thaxton, but first I have this fight to get over with.”

Thaxton has repeatedly claimed Khan has ducked facing him and only recently claimed to the Norwich press that he would love to fight either Khan or Katsidis:-

"I've never ducked anybody in my life," Thaxton said proudly. "In fact when people ask me who I'd like to fight I normally say either Amir Khan or Michael Katsidis. Neither of them hold any titles at the moment, but I know for a fact they would be really exciting for the fans. They'd be great fights but I guarantee I'd win them."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: More Khan C**P

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    God i wish he would just shut his mouth does himself no favours does he?

http://www.livefight.com/news/khan-infuriates-thaxton-fans_803.html

Amir Khan has declared that he will target the EBU European Lightweight title now that Jon Thaxton has lost because Amir claims the hard-working professional from Norwich did not want to defend the title against him.

Speaking to the Bolton News Khan declared :-

“If I win, there are a lot of options – including the European title now that Jon Thaxton has lost it, as he wouldn’t fight me.

“If I could win that, it would prove to people that is what I would have done to Thaxton, but first I have this fight to get over with.”

Thaxton has repeatedly claimed Khan has ducked facing him and only recently claimed to the Norwich press that he would love to fight either Khan or Katsidis:-

"I've never ducked anybody in my life," Thaxton said proudly. "In fact when people ask me who I'd like to fight I normally say either Amir Khan or Michael Katsidis. Neither of them hold any titles at the moment, but I know for a fact they would be really exciting for the fans. They'd be great fights but I guarantee I'd win them."
    To be honest i don't think we'll ever get to the bottom of why Kahn and Thaxton haven't fought yet. I think they both didn't really want it. We only know what they have both publicly said....which is that one is ducking the other. Imo it's unfair to lambast Kahn for saying the same thing that Thaxton has continually said.

Kahn would beat him anyway. Look out how easily Hatton outboxed Thaxton. Forget the cut he sustained and watch the rest of the fight. He gave Thaxton a lesson really. Thaxton wouldn't live with Amir's handspeed imo.

Everytime Thaxton has stepped up he's lost. Quite often he's struggled in fights you'd expect him to win. He's just not that good yet for some reason people almost rush to over-estimate his abilities. It's weird. He's a nice guy, has lots of heart, he's a great pro, grea for boxing etc...but he's the sort of fighter who is only ever going to be a european champion - and only if the champ is a weak one.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, you can't really have a go at Khan for sayin the same things Thaxton has. I think its more down to Warren not wanting to risk Khan against Thaxton IMO, but no one will ever really no what its about. I suspect much of the reason they haven't fought is down to Warren & Hennessy havin some kind of backroom bullshit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we dont know why they didnt fight just seems a strange thing to come out with so soon after jon lost the belt. I thought Khan had calmed down since his ko but obviously not its not making me like him any more. God knows the cr*p that will come out if and i mean if he beats MAB but im not even going there cos he wont

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anytime Khan talks any smack I just think back to the fight where he got sparked and did the Judah Shuffle...than I just laugh at him.....

Khan needs to shut up, and start winning against some top fighters, help erase the memory of him stumbling about the ring like a drunk, than he can start talking smack again....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Anytime Khan talks any smack I just think back to the fight where he got sparked and did the Judah Shuffle...than I just laugh at him.....

Khan needs to shut up, and start winning against some top fighters, help erase the memory of him stumbling about the ring like a drunk, than he can start talking smack again....
    yeah i like the idea of shutting up & gettin on with it, once he has done something then he can talk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan's 1% body fat statement is still his best work ever, imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha ye, he does come out with such rubbish and has contradicted himself here, wasnt he the one that said he wouldnt fight thaxton because he was already at world level were as thaxton wasnt

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thaxton can punch, Amir just wanted an excuse not to fight him, and Thaxton losing gives him one.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Thaxton can punch, Amir just wanted an excuse not to fight him, and Thaxton losing gives him one.
    abit like the hatton-witter scenario and possibly mayweather-cotto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the prescott fight was a disaster fight for team kahn. and you could tell it was a total mistake warren wouldnt put his golden goose in with anybody that dangerous unless the big bucks are involved. And thaxton is a danger fight not worth that risk, same as murray and half the other lightwieghts in britain.
    A right hand can take you round the block, A jab round the world.

Thread Information