Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Should the fight have been called a no contest?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Khan/Barrera fight have been called a no contest?

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: Should the Khan/Barrera fight have been called a no contest?

I reviewed the RBR on the other thread and didn't clearly read posts that called to stop the fight from rounds 2 onwards... maybe except for CMM's postings...

This could be the same feeling of Team Barrera not calling to stop the fight hoping MAB can land something big that could turn the fight around...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Sure we would, Barrera would have battered him silly, we just wouldnt have had a chorus of 'poor Amir, should have been a NC'.

Good performance from Amir, much improved, not as improved as Jim Watt would have us believe but improved nonetheless

Now if he could just stop trying to lead with a right uppercut from 8 feet away and sticking his hands in the air every time he successfully negotiates a clip on the chin I'll be happy.

That's because he has about 5 fans on here

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Sure we would, Barrera would have battered him silly, we just wouldnt have had a chorus of 'poor Amir, should have been a NC'.

Good performance from Amir, much improved, not as improved as Jim Watt would have us believe but improved nonetheless

Now if he could just stop trying to lead with a right uppercut from 8 feet away and sticking his hands in the air every time he successfully negotiates a clip on the chin I'll be happy.

Missy, you're back, I was worried you might have gone on some rampage after the other night

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't watch it on tv or streamed nor have I been able to watch it on replay yet. But I was ringside and as you all know watching something close up give a different perspective than tv...I'll be able to re-evaluate the other side when I watch it on tv.

As soon as the cut opened up I turned to the side and called it. The fight will be stopped. There was no doubt about that. It was too big and pouring of blood.
    Barrera was stepping back to take the time to wipe the blood out of his eye and on to his shorts. In the clinches he was screwing up his eyes. It was clearly a big problem.

Yes Amir had improved but we didn't actually learn alot. The cut changed everything.

I was expecting the fight to be waved off when the doctor first looked at it...can you imagine the uproar at that?

El Terrible is also correct - pride has cost him loses before. I know some of you will think I'm making excuses for my fighter but the circumstances round his big loses....if he was an undercard fighter chances are he wouldn't have fought. He did through expectation and pride.

How many fighters who are in no condition to continue volunteer to quit? Not too many. You know why? Because they get called quitters, might as well call them cowards and pole smokers while you're about it.

Well done Amir you got a win over a man with one eye.

I'm impressed as much as I was by your fans calling you a legend, saying its payback for naseem and chanting who are ya at a true Legend. I do agree with one thing I heard one your clowns say....bring on marquez

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

Missy, you're back, I was worried you might have gone on some rampage after the other night
    I did nearly smack some glasses wearing paddy who was getting in my face when I turned to correct him that it was a new cut on his forehead and not the old one. He was most insistant that despite his need for corrective lenses he was correct. I on the otherhand was merely dealing with facts.

XaduBoxer Guest

What my concern about that cut is, it's where a metal plate was implanted in Barrera's skull years ago...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watt does get carried away at times.

I couldn't believe it in the 4th round (i tink) Watt said something like - "Khans chin problem has been solved, he doesn't get hit on it anymore" .. i'm sure I heard Ian Darke gulp.

Lucky Jim swerved the commentators curse this time.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't watch it on tv or streamed nor have I been able to watch it on replay yet. But I was ringside and as you all know watching something close up give a different perspective than tv...I'll be able to re-evaluate the other side when I watch it on tv.

As soon as the cut opened up I turned to the side and called it. The fight will be stopped. There was no doubt about that. It was too big and pouring of blood.
    Barrera was stepping back to take the time to wipe the blood out of his eye and on to his shorts. In the clinches he was screwing up his eyes. It was clearly a big problem.

Yes Amir had improved but we didn't actually learn alot. The cut changed everything.

I was expecting the fight to be waved off when the doctor first looked at it...can you imagine the uproar at that?

El Terrible is also correct - pride has cost him loses before. I know some of you will think I'm making excuses for my fighter but the circumstances round his big loses....if he was an undercard fighter chances are he wouldn't have fought. He did through expectation and pride.

How many fighters who are in no condition to continue volunteer to quit? Not too many. You know why? Because they get called quitters, might as well call them cowards and pole smokers while you're about it.

Well done Amir you got a win over a man with one eye.

I'm impressed as much as I was by your fans calling you a legend, saying its payback for naseem and chanting who are ya at a true Legend. I do agree with one thing I heard one your clowns say....bring on marquez
    I won't deny I was impressed by Khan, he did what he needed to do, but it was sad to see MAB go out like that. I thought what he showed would have had him beating Barrera regardless, who to my eyes is just not what he once was. I won't deny the cut making a difference, but I won't take away from Khan for that, he didn't change his gameplan one bit based on the cut, and just kept doing it, and what the fight really told me is that MAB is just not built to be a Lightweight.

If Khan's fans were doing that it's embarassing, if Naz wants revenge he should come back himself & MAB would still beat him. It really pisses me off how people (incl. Khan's fans) keep trying to draw the two of them together, as it only reflects badly on Khan who's a nice kid, whereas Naz was a cock. Fortunately Roach & Warren are too smart to stick Khan in with JMM, who I think is going up to Light-Welter.

As embarassing as it is people sayin that shit at MAB, who after his career deserves so much better, it is in my mind no different & possibly motivated by the reception Khan got when he came in. When that happened, that was the only moment that I thought he might lose during the whole of this build-up.

Anyways, I do hope that you still got something out of the evening, at least actually seeing Barrera

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    What my concern about that cut is, it's where a metal plate was implanted in Barrera's skull years ago...

you know. seeing that. I can totally see why Bilbo thinks he was being a pussy.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

I couldn't believe it in the 4th round (i tink) Watt said something like - "Khans chin problem has been solved, he doesn't get hit on it anymore" .. i'm sure I heard Ian Darke gulp.

Jim Watt has to be one of the worst commentators of all time. I never get why they don't give it to Johnny Nelson, as he seems the only one of Sky who can offer insight without sounding like a biased pompous buffoon, and he's generally the one to call fights right.

I still remember Watt in the Mayweather fight, suggesting that the judges might have Hatton ahead at the time of the stoppage. Comedy gold in a fight that at best Hatton was winning 3 rounds of

XaduBoxer Guest

you know. seeing that. I can totally see why Bilbo thinks he was being a pussy.
    haha Barrera is too much of a warrior... and that cost him the loss to Amir...

My concern is that cut might affect MAB's future fight plans... Might as well call it a day...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SB. It will certainly take a long time to heal.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Jim Watt has to be one of the worst commentators of all time. I never get why they don't give it to Johnny Nelson, as he seems the only one of Sky who can offer insight without sounding like a biased pompous buffoon, and he's generally the one to call fights right.

I still remember Watt in the Mayweather fight, suggesting that the judges might have Hatton ahead at the time of the stoppage. Comedy gold in a fight that at best Hatton was winning 3 rounds of
    I don't think Watt is so bad. He does have some very bad days though.

Johnny's a good talker but i get the impression he doesn't watch much boxing away from his job. I'm sure he did a Casamayor fight recently and commented it was the first time he'd seen him
    Last edited by Fenster; 03-16-2009 at 09:14 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That cut is horrendous, even deeper and longer than I thought it was with the blood wiped away.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pussy.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information