Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A weekly Saddo Podcast

The boxing radio thread gave me this idea...

Here is what I have so far...

- It will be a Saddoboxing podcast, by boxing fans, for boxing fans..
    - It will come out once a week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday.
    - It will have a standard format that it will follow each show.
    - Anyone can take the duty of recording the show under the standard format, and I or someone can be the editor for it each week to make sure each show is up to scratch and the professionalism of Saddo's. This way any member who likes to have a go can put their hand up.
    - Anyone can help with the research.. The person who's week it is to record can ask for a list of the fights that are happening the following week etc.
    - There will be maybe 5 or 6 or whatever segmants... i.e.
    A) Review of all the main or important fights for the following week. A quick word on the fighters and who's favourite etc, comment on how the styles match up.. Just a quick rundown so listeners know everything that is happening..
    B) A quick wrap up of last weeks fights.. winners, controversy etc..
    C) A segmant where a prospect fighter is picked, and a review of their career is done. Division, notable fights they've been in so far, their style, trainer, whatever background information there is on them, where they could head in the future, etc. .you get the idea.
    D) A special segmant reserved for any interviews anyone might get.. Anyone that could get close to a fighter could ask them a couple of questions and this could be put on the show.. (doesn't have to be the member recording the podcast)
    E) A couple of quick ad spaces during the show.
    F) A review of a current issue in boxing.. Something like if their is a really bad decision happened, why aren't they reviewed and a crackdown on bad judges.. Or like the Margarito wrapping thing.. Things like that..
    G) Maybe a mention of the top 2 or 3 current threads on Saddo's and what is the general gist of them... i.e. the pac possibly destroying hatton thread at the moment.. A mention of what the general opinion is..

That's all I have for now on the segmants.. Anyone with any idea's are welcome..

I just think it would be a great idea.. Sometimes you don't have that much time to get online and go through all the threads etc to see what fights are happening, and occassionaly I miss some of the good ones.... This way someone can jump online Thursday, download the show, and know everything that's happening the following week..

Saddo can have a final say on the show or if he's busy he can nominate someone to listen and approve before it goes to air/uploaded..

Opinions?
    Last edited by Dizaster; 04-04-2009 at 03:28 AM.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A weekly Saddo Podcast

I think that's a cool idea. For what it's worth, I think Killersheep and CutMeMick would both excel at it. Hell, I might even get drunk enough to make one of my own at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You want it downloadable,so it can be uploaded and kept on the server.
    Its simple enough to do,just download Audacity,record the segments on that,and piece the segments together in to a cohesive show,thats how I do my show.
    Hell,I use a cheap ass Labtec microphone for my vocal segments,but youd never know it to listen to my vocal segments

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brilliant idea bro, CMM definately has the radio voice and the knowledge.

I wouldn't mind contributing, interviews would be great too.

There are definately enough knowledgable posters on here to keep it rolling it's just getting it started I think.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Thread Information