Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Miguel Cotto, what if....

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Miguel Cotto, what if....

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    exactly what i'm saying,, there is no proof he used them in any other fight, i'm not saying that there isn't the possibility, but the truth is no one will ever know unless he or his trainer actually admit to it, which we know they wont, there is no way anyone can say if he did or not cause there is no way of proving it
    Well Margarita hurt her hand against Clottey so most think Margarita began using the bricks soon after. Just glad the biatch got caught.
    your own retarded ass just said it "THINK" NO WAY TO PROVE IT, THAT'S WHY COTTO'S 1 STAAAAYS
    There is no way to prove it? Are you serious? NO! No shiet sherlock but he tried using them against an OLD Mosley, what makes any one with half a brain think he might not have used them against a young bull like Cotto?

Stop acting like Cleopatra you little Queen Of Denial

lol

Get it, The Nile, Denial

I just thought I would have to explain that to you INDIO before you go off again trying to give me history lessons and you fail like you did with your Spanish classes you tried giving me earlier.
    Ooops!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Margarita hurt her hand against Clottey so most think Margarita began using the bricks soon after. Just glad the biatch got caught.
    your own retarded ass just said it "THINK" NO WAY TO PROVE IT, THAT'S WHY COTTO'S 1 STAAAAYS
    There is no way to prove it? Are you serious? NO! No shiet sherlock but he tried using them against an OLD Mosley, what makes any one with half a brain think he might not have used them against a young bull like Cotto?

Stop acting like Cleopatra you little Queen Of Denial

lol

Get it, The Nile, Denial

I just thought I would have to explain that to you INDIO before you go off again trying to give me history lessons and you fail like you did with your Spanish classes you tried giving me earlier.
    Ooops!
    think the queen bit goes more with you seein how you call all of the guys "honey" you fag lol

and you can think all you want, but as far a history is concerned Cotto got his ass handed July 26th 2008, gonna have to weep and cry yourself to sleep every night that his little 0 went away against what you call a JOURNEYMAN while Cotto was at his peak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    The hype must be that all those guys had inflated records just like JCC Jr. or Yory Boy Campas who might have a nice-looking resume but against a bunch of nobodies or maybe just good journeymen. Just look at their records and see if they have any big name world class ranked champion or challenger in the list. Can we really say they are all top class opponents compared to other guys' resume's (Mosley, ODLH, Hopkins, etc.)? Maybe I am missing something, I don't know, but sometimes I wonder if Cotto will have a similar career like Fernando Vargas who was a good boxer and all but lost to top quality opponents who were in young and in their primes.

I don't dislike Cotto. The guy is not a trash-talker, has all around good skills (power, form, etc.), etc. It's just certain hardcore fans that make me want to see him lose again just like Pac hardcore fans. Pointing out flaws doesn't make anybody a hater or whatever, heck, I even point out flaws from guys I cheer for!
    So you hate hardcore fans but yet you would suck the cum clean dry out of ODLH testicals if you had the chance. lol Does this mean I should hate ODLH even more because both of you are g@y?

vice versa effect.. he hate himself..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks set for Cotto - Clottey, just wonder who is gonna be working Cotto's corner with all the stories about fighting in his camp. Should at least be a good match up that will quieten the critics who slam the level of Cott's opposition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post

Danny beat you to it boy, so now run off to the "Pac thongs for sale" thread. They got some new designs in I heard.
    you shouldn't be laughin so much cause at least it was against a fighter who was thought to be game and now under suspicion of using illegal wraps, not brutally against an old fighter who was very much passed it like your man Haye

I find it comical you say how I love David Haye...yet your lame ass brings Haye up. What has Haye got to do with this ?

you banned yourself cause you couldn't take all the Haye bashing lol so what are you talking about

Actually I banned myself because I had schoolwork to complete. Some of us are actually aiming to better ourselves all the time

and you'd be the first in line to watch David Haye's nude calender shoot, you'd probably volunteer to hold his fire hose if he was doing a firefighter shot

3-0

and i know you're gonna try and blast me with some bullshit diss about Morales, but the only difference is Erik is a legend and Haye is about to get KTFO AGAIN!!! lol

Again...what has Haye got to do with this ?...and please how is it 3 nil....your just repeating yourself and adding a few smileys run along now kid
    See my points above in bold.
    point is anybody says that Wlad is gonna destroy Haye (and he will) or that he doesn't even deserve a shot at the title (he doesn't) you end up crying a river, and i'm no kid, i'm done with all the schoolwork bub, have a college degree at just 23 yrs of age, so yea go beat it, and i don't mean beat it to your pics of Haye either
    Something tells me you're all bark and no bite, now it's your job to prove me wrong.

Let's have an avatar bet for 3 months? Simple terms deal or no deal, what do you say big man ? By the way I got a sig and rep points bet with DaxxKahn so I cant do those. They're for a WHOLE YEAR. That's how confident I am on Haye winning.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and was the favorite going into the pro fight, Cotto beat him easily
    How can Abdulaev be a favorite vs Cotto back then when Cotto was totally unbeaten, with 19 KOs in 24 fights while Abdulaev barely had only 13 fights pro experience with 2 DQ wins and a KO loss already vs bunch of guys who brought nothing to the ring? It just doesn't make sense.
    guys like Maussa, Torres, etc. didn't have much on their record before they fought Cotto
    Exactly. Reason why I see all these guys in Cotto's resume and not get impressed. Let's say those guys, after fighting Cotto, accomplished great victories vs lots of young top big names in their prime and won all kinds of championships, still, it doesn't do anything to the fact that when they faced Cotto they had nothing to bring to the ring and therefore Cotto stepped over them adding more victories to his resume and KOs. Actually, not really stepped over them since many of them rocked Cotto, bruised him, cut him, hurt him, almost TKOed him, etc.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can Abdulaev be a favorite vs Cotto back then when Cotto was totally unbeaten, with 19 KOs in 24 fights while Abdulaev barely had only 13 fights pro experience with 2 DQ wins and a KO loss already vs bunch of guys who brought nothing to the ring? It just doesn't make sense.
    guys like Maussa, Torres, etc. didn't have much on their record before they fought Cotto
    Exactly. Reason why I see all these guys in Cotto's resume and not get impressed. Let's say those guys, after fighting Cotto, accomplished great victories vs lots of young top big names in their prime and won all kinds of championships, still, it doesn't do anything to the fact that when they faced Cotto they had nothing to bring to the ring and therefore Cotto stepped over them adding more victories to his resume and KOs. Actually, not really stepped over them since many of them rocked Cotto, bruised him, cut him, hurt him, almost TKOed him, etc.
    the fact that they went on to be successful is enough proof that they were fully capable of of challenging and testing anyone

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the fact that they went on to be successful is enough proof that they were fully capable of of challenging and testing anyone
    Not really, it means that Cotto faced them when they didn't bring anything to the ring and beat them with ease, well, not really with ease when most of those guys gave Cotto trouble and almost even had the referee saving Cotto from receiving more punishment. Past Cotto opponents don't really raise an eyebrow to me and still they gave Cotto trouble.

Anyways, let's go back to Cotto's resume and see where his past opponents are now.

Carlos Maussa had an inflated resume vs opponents that brought nothing to the ring so I am not sure if we can really say that beating Carlos Maussa was a totally awesome accomplishment. Where is he now? He lost his very last 3 fights and by KO.

Mohamad Abdulaev retired with just only 15 fights loosing his last 2 fights badly.

Marcus Corley's lost 7 of his very last 9 fights.

Where are they now?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not really, it means that Cotto faced them when they didn't bring anything to the ring and beat them with ease, well, not really with ease when most of those guys gave Cotto trouble and almost even had the referee saving Cotto from receiving more punishment. Past Cotto opponents don't really raise an eyebrow to me and still they gave Cotto trouble.

Anyways, let's go back to Cotto's resume and see where his past opponents are now.

Carlos Maussa had an inflated resume vs opponents that brought nothing to the ring so I am not sure if we can really say that beating Carlos Maussa was a totally awesome accomplishment. Where is he now? He lost his very last 3 fights and by KO.

Mohamad Abdulaev retired with just only 15 fights loosing his last 2 fights badly.

Marcus Corley's lost 7 of his very last 9 fights.

Where are they now?
    don't know what fights you watched, he was rocked against Corley and then regained composure and outboxed him, and although it was stopped early the one dropping to his knee like a bitch 3 times in the same round was Corley, even if the fight continued he was gonna get KO'd and badly
    Torres got dropped, came back and rocked Cotto, and Miguel regained composure, only time he was dropped and he still stood toe to toe with Torres dropping him with the straight right and then finally stopping him with the hook to the body, Torres went on to become WBO and stopping Holt (who by the way is still a big player at 140), only other fighter aside from Margarito to hurt him was Judah and well you know who took the worst beating there, if we're gonna go by your logic of they hadn't accomplished anything when they fought the marquee fighter here are a bunch of Mayweathers wins that shouldn't really be considered all that great,

Jesus Chavez
    Carlos "el famoso" Hernandez
    Angel Manfredy
    hell not even Jose Luis Castillo seeing how he had only beat slightly faded fighters or controversial decisions at that time and already had 4 losses all by TKO (even though due to cuts)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well looking at Cotto resume its ok but Torres got iced in a round and not sure were he stands now because i have not heard much. Paulie looked shitty in his outings and then got his ass handed to him by Hatton. Judha lost ever big fight damn near before Cotto and after Cotto so enough said. Then there is a Mosley win which i thought Mosley won but it was close i would of liked at least a draw but lets face it Mosley was 36 like 10 years older then Cotto and out of prime still was very close fight dude. As for the Margarito fight he lost and no proof from the fight of Margarito wrong doing just what people think but the record while show he won the fight.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Swearing ,blaming ,arguing and name calling = spam.

We have a decent reputation: you are making our main board look like a kindergarten.

All this "You're wrong, Im right"
    "Ok then well your a fag etc".

Really do you ever re read what you actually write to people?
    Its so childish.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

don't know what fights you watched, he was rocked against Corley and then regained composure and outboxed him, and although it was stopped early the one dropping to his knee like a 3 times in the same round was Corley, even if the fight continued he was gonna get KO'd and badly
    Sure, but then again, did you see Corley as a threat? He came to fight Cotto after two losses and after going the distance with a soft-punching Darryl Tyson. Still, he managed to hurt Cotto. Cotto getting rocked, cut, bruised, etc. by someone like Mayweather, ODLH (in his prime), and any other big name in their prime would be a different story than getting rocked/cut/bruised/hurt by a journeyman.

Torres got dropped, came back and rocked Cotto, and Miguel regained composure

Not really, the fight could have been stopped and I am surprised it didn't get stoped. Cotto was barely keeping balance all over the place when Torres hurt him bad until he was dropped. Later on Miguel took care of business of course.

Torres went on to become WBO and stopping Holt (who by the way is still a big player at 140)

...who later came back months later to TKO him in less than 60 seconds of the fight. Not sure if we can say Holt is a big player specially after loosing against a soft hitting Tim Bradley and never looking for challenges outside Ontario (L.A.), California where he's at.

if we're gonna go by your logic of they hadn't accomplished anything when they fought the marquee fighter here are a bunch of Mayweathers wins that shouldn't really be considered all that great
    Jesus Chavez
    Carlos "el famoso" Hernandez
    Angel Manfredy
    hell not even Jose Luis Castillo seeing how he had only beat slightly faded fighters or controversial decisions at that time and already had 4 losses all by TKO (even though due to cuts)
    That's right! I am not going to argue that. I think you are beginning to understand where I come from . That is why Cotto's resume doesn't raise an eyebrow to me. I see Cotto has the tools and all but would like to see a different kind of opposition. Maybe he could be going through the same times as Roy Jones where his skills were being questioned because of the quality of opposition he was facing a while back but it wasn't really his fault that the division didn't have top contenders. I really wish Mayweather didn't retire (is he coming back or what?) and get in the ring with Cotto. Now that would be a fight eventhough I give Mayweather the edge.

Now, Mayweather may not have a super super super exciting resume compared to others but at least he hasn't shown any clear weaknesses/flaws while Cotto has shown many. Mayweather has it all: speed, power, form, stamina, defense, etc.
    Last edited by Chino; 04-15-2009 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's pretty obvious that those who don't think Cotto has had quality opponents will continue to think that way, but I will continue to argue to the contrary. Cotto has always fought whomever they have put in his path. He most definitely hasn't been coddled in any way. He has beaten very good fighters along the way. He has grown in leaps and bounds, adapting his style to whomever happens to be standing in front of him at the time. People said he was slow and couldn't box? He put on a boxing and jabbing display against Mosley. The haters right away said Mosley was too old? Mosley put THAT one to bed rather convincingly with his KO win over Margarito. Cotto's battles with weight at 140 were well known and published. When he came up to 147, his first fight was a devastating KO of Carlos Quintana, who had vanquished the well-regarded Joel Julio earlier on.

The argument will continue on and on and on and on. But the facts are there for all to see. And do I think Cotto will come back from his loss to Margarito and once again be atop the welterweight division? You betcha!

Thread Information