Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who is best American Prospect at 168?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best American Prospect at 168

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Best American Prospect at 168

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Dominic Wade
    A little too early for me to tell on this kid, what is he 18? Wasn't he a Jr. Olympic champ a few times?

I'd rate Jacobs ahead
    Yeah. He's still a pre-pospect. But I been keeping an eye on him since he was 16

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Dirrell's a bit all offense or all defense, he comes unglued a bit too easily and he doesn't look like the sturdiest guy but he does have a lot of natural potential so I guess I'd say him but I wouldn't count out Ward yet. I think he'll beat Miranda.
    Exactly my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Easily Andre Dirrell, he is p4p as fast as anyone, he has slick moves off the ropes, he can fight either southpaw or orthodox, but like I said he is so fast that nobody will be able to deal with his speed. He doesn't have great power, but he gets a lot of force behind his shots which means people can't just watch through what he is dishing out.
    Ward can fight either southpaw or orthodox too, he’s fast too, but in the end I’d go with Dirrell too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    They are finally replaying Green/Deleon jr right now.That was a good hard Ko over tinfoil chinned Jr. Green looks to be getting back on track,called out anyone and everyone.....but to me,he looks like he has two left feet at times,choppy.

Seems they are determined to get Ears Jacobs into the big time.Crazy the turn around he'll be pulling this weekend on PPV undercard after fighting only last Friday night.Always a little weary with so many quick KO's and limited rounds?All the physical tools but really could use some hard rounds Imo.
    2 fights in 8 days! Doesn't it remind you of the old days?
    I bet he jumped at the chance to be on such a big bill. The type of exposure that will do him the World of good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
    I've only seen a few fights of each fighter - probably more of Allan Green as he's been a contender awhile longer than the other two.

Of the 3; my favourite to watch stylewise is Andre Dirrell - when he lets those hands go it is truly amazing.

Who goes the furthest? Well I think Green will challenge for a title but lose - he is a decent name and a worthy challenger but at the moment I can see all of the current champions beating him.

Andre Ward - I'm not sold on, he's looked a little shaky at the lower level but does possess a good defensive skills. I think he's going to come unstuck against Edison Miranda and that will be the end of him - if he can take 'Pantera's' power and wins then he will have a great future.

Andre Dirrell - Of the 3; he is where I would put my money. He seems an exciting talent who can switch hit with ease. He seems to lack abit of power but the speed more than makes up for it.
    Dirrell has the potential to be a major star.
    I wouldn't shocked to see Ward get by Miranda. He has good footwork, keeps his hands in good position, and hits pretty hard (though his jab is more range finder than punishing weapon). With the exception of Eastman, all the guys Miranda has beaten have been lower level fighters.
    Quite alot of posters have Ward as the favourite going in. I am abit biased towards Edison as he's one of my favourite fighters.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Too early to call but look out for my boy from East L.A. Shawn Estrada.
    NOOOO...unless he develops better defense or better handspeed I think he's a less powerful Fernando Vargas.

Dirrell is pretty good, I am not sold on Ward being the end all be all, but he should still be pretty good.

...if only Tavoris Cloud was at 168

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post
    I've only seen a few fights of each fighter - probably more of Allan Green as he's been a contender awhile longer than the other two.

Of the 3; my favourite to watch stylewise is Andre Dirrell - when he lets those hands go it is truly amazing.

Who goes the furthest? Well I think Green will challenge for a title but lose - he is a decent name and a worthy challenger but at the moment I can see all of the current champions beating him.

Andre Ward - I'm not sold on, he's looked a little shaky at the lower level but does possess a good defensive skills. I think he's going to come unstuck against Edison Miranda and that will be the end of him - if he can take 'Pantera's' power and wins then he will have a great future.

Andre Dirrell - Of the 3; he is where I would put my money. He seems an exciting talent who can switch hit with ease. He seems to lack abit of power but the speed more than makes up for it.
    Dirrell has the potential to be a major star.
    I wouldn't shocked to see Ward get by Miranda. He has good footwork, keeps his hands in good position, and hits pretty hard (though his jab is more range finder than punishing weapon). With the exception of Eastman, all the guys Miranda has beaten have been lower level fighters.
    Quite alot of posters have Ward as the favourite going in. I am abit biased towards Edison as he's one of my favourite fighters.
    This is a hard fight to pick. Edison has lost whenever he has stepped in with top level fighters, but Ward is pretty much were Carl Froch was before the Pascal fight, maybe a little ahead in terms of competition faced. He hast the amateur pedigree, he has been hyped a little, and it remains to be seen if he will be great or just good.

I think Edson is a Ward's Jean Pascal. Pascal was made for Froch because he was talented enough to test him, but he doesn't punch hard enough to hurt him. The only was Froch was going to lose was if Pascal was so fast that he could outpoint him. In this fight, Edison is can punch. That makes him dangerous and credible. He's been in with world class fighters and beaten some OK guys, better guys than Ward has fought. There's a real chance he could KO Ward. At the same time, he has limited skill and we know he can be KO'd.

I like Pantera, too, but unfortunately, this is his role now. He's a test horse. He's perfect for the role because people are always interested to see a prospect in with a guy fights aggressive and can punch. That's Pantera.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looked like HBO was focused in a big way on spr Middle hopefuls coming up.Daniel Jacobs secured a key spot on that card in rare turn around time for fighters today,fighting just 8 days prior.I think the kids got a future and great size.....but he really did not leave me clamoring for the front row seat in his next one ??He got some much needed rounds and had to change up his game midway.It should benefit him greatly.

But man,that dude stands so tall.Head straight up.He showed some flurries but not much consistent steam.He was a little caught up in the moment,constantly checking the over head display,getting cute with the camera,winking ,kissing,talking to crowd between rounds.Should be fun too watch but thinking they should take time with him,to many guys rushed today.

Matt Korobov,very early in professional development but that one is a beast of a powerful southpaw.Considering the mis matched opposition,Steward and Lampley were going over the top pumping him up,just a bit.He looked smoother than he had last time he was on ESPN,not as rigid.And damn sure looks to have some serious one punch power,chops to the body axe handle style.Arum looks to have lofty hopes for him.Looong way to go though.

Thread Information