Thread: "Pretty Boy" vs JMM is done and will be officially announced tomorrow

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Juan Manuel Marquez reportadly a done deal for July 18th!

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    In the UK, Sky Sports News are reporting on both TV and website that they have it confirmed as a done deal and expect an announcement shortly. The winner is expected to meet the winner of Hatton vs. Pacquiao.

In the UK, generally, if Sky Sports News reports it, they have a very reliable source and they're not usually wrong about these things.

Here is the link...

Sky Sports | Boxing | News | Pretty Boy to return

No probs my friend.I believe you.lol
    Nonito Donaire will soon be a name to reckon with...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Juan Manuel Marquez reportadly a done deal for July 18th!

Sky sports are about as reliable as they come and tend to 90% of the time be bang on the mark.

The fact its actually now being reported on the official channel suggests this may indeed already be a done deal!!

If its at 147 i cant look past a floyd return win, anything lower and JMM has an excellent chance of pulling it off!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love it to happen, just hope that Floyd concedes a little weight as Marquez has only two fights over 130 to his name.

Whenever Floyd fights it's a treat for fans, I just wish he would fight actual welters if he insists on the 147 weight, as Pac and Marquez are way too small and Hatton already proven not in the same league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

can't wait for this fight! floyd vs pac (if both win of course) will truly be a special fight, with floyd schooling him in the art of getting counter punched to death.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeno, alot gets made of Floyd fighting fighters at Welterweight that aren't Welterweights, meaning they have a disadvantage. However I read an interview with Mosley recently saying he wants the Hatton-Pac winner, and I've heard Bob Arum say he wants to make Cotto-Pac by the year end. Do you think Cotto or Mosley will receive the same kind of criticism Floyd has?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default "Pretty Boy" vs JMM is done and will be officially announced tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Pretty Boy" vs JMM is done and will be officially announced tomorrow

the real p4p has returned. awesome

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Pretty Boy" vs JMM is done and will be officially announced tomorrow

Love or hate the IRS they have insured a lot of big fights end up getting made
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good one Van That's awesome if true what a great fight I really don't think size is going to mean a whole lot in that one but do think Floyd will win but no doubt about it this is going to be one of his toughest fights in his career.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MArquez does not belong anywhere north of 135.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So many subplots here... lets consider a few questions.

1) Were does JMM rank if he somehow beats Floyd?

2) Were does Floyd rank all time if he beats JMM and then Pac, will he shut up all of his naysayers once and for all and solidify his legacy as this generations best fighter.. Better than Jones, Calzaghe, Hopkins, Pac etc. ?

3) Will Hatton Mayweather be any different a second time around if Hatton pulls off a victory of Pac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Good one Van That's awesome if true what a great fight I really don't think size is going to mean a whole lot in that one but do think Floyd will win but no doubt about it this is going to be one of his toughest fights in his career.
    I think Floyds speed and power at 144 will undoubtedly ring JMM's bell, Floyd dosent offer to many counter punching opportunities and even though is the bigger man will let JMM be the agressor potshotting him on the way in and picking off most of what Marquez gives him... I agree JMM's heart, determination and will is something of legend that will test Floyd at a whole other level... I think Floyd will let him tire out, cook him and get him out of there about the same time he got Hatton out of there.

I love both guys as you all know, but my loyalty is with Floyd all the way, but will be torn the whole time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOOOOOOOOOOOO finally! Welcome back champ stil p4p 1! sorry ricky, pacquiao, and marquez hesssss back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmn1v9L78pw
    Hidden Content There is no reward for second place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Neither did Mayweather, he did it to fight Judah and Tszyu and Gatti and De La HOya.

I see Mayweather winning with the jab, he has such a great jab like when he used to use it, and he has always had a great left hook, but now he also has an amazing cross to boot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Neither did Mayweather, he did it to fight Judah and Tszyu and Gatti and De La HOya.

I see Mayweather winning with the jab, he has such a great jab like when he used to use it, and he has always had a great left hook, but now he also has an amazing cross to boot.
    Floyd never fought Tszyu

Thread Information