David 'the Hayemaker' Haye unified the cruiser weight division.
He has since moved up to heavweight and has made alot of noise about his intentions to clean up this division too.He is contracted to fight both Wlad and Vitali Klitschko,the two top men over his next 3 fights.

David has recieved alot of mixed opinions on his t-shirt antics.Some people think he went overboard.
Have people forgotten the things Ali has said to his opponents?
I'm sure a certain Joe Fraizer doesn't find the comments as 'amusing' as some.How about Tyson telling Lewis that he would 'eat Lewis kids'.
Some people may dislike or disagree with these tactics,but at the end of the day its all just marketing and in my opinion Haye has done a stellar job.He has got everybody talking about the heavies again.It will be held at Veltins Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany in front of a packed arena.
Its by far the biggest heavyweight fight since the days of Tyson/Lewis and the REAL Holyfield.

The average punter doesn't/or hasn't known the champions name of boxing's marquis division,the heavyweight's in years.This has brought boxing's popularity down as a main stream sport.

David Haye has the opportunity to take 3 of the 4 major belts over his next 3 fights giving the people a clear champion.He would also have unified two divisions in 25 fights which is a great achievement.
He brings name recognition.He is a ko artist.He brings a good amateur pedigree,massive power,speed,aggression and great technical skills to the division.He is brash,charismatic and outspoken,looks to please the ladies and only wants the biggest fights.A breath of fresh air in todays climate where even the top superstars are over-protected to a degree.Promoters protecting the '0' and going after the 'money' fights.The best don't always fight the best anymore.
David Haye has brought excitement back to the heavweights and has every punter talking about it.He has instilled a new interest in boxings marquis division from the average punter to boxing fanatics.
Traditionally when the heavweight's are doing well,boxing as a whole does well.

Does boxing need David 'the hayemaker' Haye ?
I think it does and more people in the sport like him.People that are willing to take risks,only want to fight the best.It ain't all about the 'o'.
People like Haye can transcend the sport and put it right back in its place as a mainstream combat sport.Just like it was in the golden years of Ali/Frazier.The 'fabulous 4' of the 80's and more recent era of Lewis/Tyson and Holyfield.
Fighters like Manny Pacquiao are bringing the excitement in the lower divisions.I think we need a an exciting heavyweight like Haye representing boxings marquis division,the heavyweights.

What do you guy's think?