Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post Clinton Woods Vs. Tavoris Cloud

Since Chad Dawson has officially dropped his IBF belt.
    Who will fight for it?
    Clinton Woods vs. Tavoris Cloud for the vacant belt (although it has yet to be 100% officially announced)

Who do you guys think will win this bout for the vacant IBF strap?
    Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Clinton Woods Vs. Tavoris Cloud

Clinton Woods is a lot like Julio Gonzales, who I believe Cloud defeated. Both are really tough guys, and former top contenders, Woods even held a belt, but they are past their best.

Woods should give Cloud a good fight for a while, but he's probably gonna get stopped.

Cloud by TKO.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I think Cloud stops Woods
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post Woods gets IBF world title chance

Woods lost on points to Tarver in Tampa last year

Clinton Woods will fight Tavores Cloud for the IBF light heavyweight world title later this year, BBC Radio Sheffield confirms.
    The news comes after Chad Dawson relinquished the title because he did not want to make a mandatory defence.
    Woods' promoter Dennis Hobson said that means that now opens the door for the 37-year-old to regain the belt he lost to Antonio Tarver 13 months ago.
    "Clinton fought a final eliminator and that has paid off," he said.
    Woods beat Elvir Muriqi in Jersey to move second in the IBF rankings and now setting up the chance to fight for the now vacated belt.
    Hobson said: "We don't know where it's going to be yet, I spoke to Tavores Cloud's people and we get on very well, but it is business and we will both be trying to get the best deal for our man.

"Hopefully Clinton will do the business this time whether it's here or in the States and he rightfully regains his title.
    "August is a dead month in boxing and there is not a lot going off so I think September time, but the IBF will want to get it turned around in the short term."

BBC SPORT | Boxing | Woods gets IBF world title chance
    Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting. I don't think I have seen Cloud fight yet. I have heard good things from all you guys that have seen him fight though. I wonder what network will pick this fight up? I would like to check this kid out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post Re: Clinton Woods Vs. Tavoris Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21 View Post
    Interesting. I don't think I have seen Cloud fight yet. I have heard good things from all you guys that have seen him fight though. I wonder what network will pick this fight up? I would like to check this kid out.
    YouTube - Tavores Cloud

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't this the second time Chad vacated a belt (before a Adrian Diaconu fight)?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Clinton Woods is a lot like Julio Gonzales, who I believe Cloud defeated. Both are really tough guys, and former top contenders, Woods even held a belt, but they are past their best.

Woods should give Cloud a good fight for a while, but he's probably gonna get stopped.

Cloud by TKO.
    Your right about that Julio Cesar Gonazalez for certain reminds me of Clinton Woods same height, size, ETC. I was impressed that Tavoris Cloud was able to stop Julio Cesar Gonzalez who is very durable.

This is a fighter that went 12 rounds with RJJ, Dariusz Michalczewski, and he even beat Dariusz Michalczewksi. And i think that proves Tavoris Cloud's power is for real even though Julio Cesar Gonzalez is past it, its still an impressive stoppage win to have under your belt.

Clinton Woods has done very well getting better since getting destroyed by RJJ in 2002, but he still isn't world class. Even though he's beat a few good fighters. I think this fight for Tavoris Cloud is the right one.

And i think he will for certain stop Clinton Woods, who isn't getting any younger at 37. And a young hungry guy like Tavoris Cloud should be able to stop Clinton Woods, and i would be a little bit suprised if he didn't stop Clinton Woods. Even though Clinton Woods is pretty durable. I can't really see him doing much better than Julio Cesar Gonzalez.
    Last edited by ICB; 05-28-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definately think Woods is past it.. not that I think he ever had it. He's another boxer from the UK who has been made to look world class due to smart promoting, but has came up lacking in the top class fights. Don't think he has the drive anymore either, looked like he was giving zero effort in the Tarver fight. Don't get me wrong I think woods is a good fighter and will put up a good fight.. i'll be keeping an eye out for this fight.
    Last edited by DatsiK; 05-28-2009 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is world-class at lightheavy if Woods isn't? There can only be a few fighters in front of him - Hopkins, Dawson, Tarver, Johnson (Woods has beaten him), Roy...

Woods is better than Gonzales - he's beat him twice.

Anyway.. Woods is getting too past it now, he was beyond crap against Tarver, looked OK last time, but a 27-year-old sparko artist must be bad news for him at this stage.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Clinton Woods v Tavoris Cloud for vacan IBF 175 Title

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8071537.stm

Clinton Woods will fight Tavoris Cloud for the IBF light heavyweight world title later this year, BBC Radio Sheffield confirms.

The news comes after Chad Dawson relinquished the title because he did not want to make a mandatory defence.

Woods' promoter Dennis Hobson said that means that now opens the door for the 37-year-old to regain the belt he lost to Antonio Tarver 13 months ago.

"Clinton fought a final eliminator and that has paid off," he said.

Woods beat Elvir Muriqi in Jersey to move second in the IBF rankings and now setting up the chance to fight for the now vacated belt.

Hobson said: "We don't know where it's going to be yet, I spoke to Tavoris Cloud's people and we get on very well, but it is business and we will both be trying to get the best deal for our man.

"Hopefully Clinton will do the business this time whether it's here or in the States and he rightfully regains his title.

"August is a dead month in boxing and there is not a lot going off so I think September time, but the IBF will want to get it turned

I got a feeling Woods gets stopped by the young hungry fighter, pretty similar to Eastman v Miranda few years ago.

Sorry just seen already a post about this, please delete this.
    Last edited by skel1983; 05-28-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen him fight but I thought I'd seen him on some undercard of a big fight, boxrec says no. He's got speed, mobility and a hell of a punch. Doesn't look too promising for Clinton.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with VD's assessment of Clinton Woods anymore....

The last fight I saw he said in the post interview loss that "He was just happy to be there." (Something to that effect). I think that says it all.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Thread Information