Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Geale vs Mundine

This was a very good fight . First of all, the taping on Mundine gloves was loose 5 or 6 times, it was ridicoulous and a point shouldve been deducted ( if thats in the rules !? ) Secondly, Geale shoudlve been given the KD in the 9th, it was a clean punch that put Mudine down but was ruled a slip

Geale was the better man and the decision was pretty bad

I had 115-112 Geale . He was busier, had the cleaner punches and Mundine fought at spurts.

Any1 watch this?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Geale vs Mundine

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    This was a very good fight . First of all, the taping on Mundine gloves was loose 5 or 6 times, it was ridicoulous and a point shouldve been deducted ( if thats in the rules !? ) Secondly, Geale shoudlve been given the KD in the 9th, it was a clean punch that put Mudine down but was ruled a slip

Geale was the better man and the decision was pretty bad

I had 115-112 Geale . He was busier, had the cleaner punches and Mundine fought at spurts.

Any1 watch this?
    Wow 115-112 for Geale? That's very decisive considering Mundine was the fighter who scored the clean knockdown, Geale fought a terrific fight but he didn't win it. I had it close, very close 115-113 for Mundine and you are right, he should have lost a point for the ridiculous poor taping of the gloves. Mundine is not looking good at 160lb and he should move back up to 168 immediately, he will lose to Sturm and both Pavlik and Abraham would KO him at 160lb. Mundine is 34 and needs to make a career defining fight real soon!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched this fight and found it very entertaining.
    I couldn't say it was an impressive display from Mundine as he allowed Geale's work ethic and physicality to make it more than competitive.

It was more of an impressive loss from Geale than a win for Mundine.
    Geale showed heart, aggression and potential in this fight. A change of coaching could carry him further.

Mundine did not seem too powerful at Middleweight, although he did temporarily hurt Geale on a number of occassions.

He called for a fight with Sturm imme3diatly after the fight and on what I saw I'd have to favour Felix Sturm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    I watched this fight and found it very entertaining.
    I couldn't say it was an impressive display from Mundine as he allowed Geale's work ethic and physicality to make it more than competitive.

It was more of an impressive loss from Geale than a win for Mundine.
    Geale showed heart, aggression and potential in this fight. A change of coaching could carry him further.

Mundine did not seem too powerful at Middleweight, although he did temporarily hurt Geale on a number of occassions.

He called for a fight with Sturm imme3diatly after the fight and on what I saw I'd have to favour Felix Sturm.
    Hey Mr Hitmandonny. As always right on the money. Hows your Bub?

Thanks for posting this gest12645 as i thought it was a good fight and gave bit of a drunken RBR on the night. I was hoping Geale would pull off a win as he is a great fighter and seems to be someone who can be good for boxing too. Just with the scoring system it was a decision that could be backed up by the rules. The tape thing would seem trivial and if Geale won the fight on the basis of a point deduction for taping issues then the victory would be hollow. He wouldn't have wanted that either, Geale would have wanted to win the fight fair and square. Not on a technical decision. I agree about the knock down too but it wasn't awarded so it was a bit of bad luck for him. Geale did real well and didn't lose much in losing this fight. The Aussie fans and some real boxing fans abroad have now seen the quality of Daniel Geale as a person and a great fighter and his stocks will rise from that. He is a smart fighter too and after the fight was able to say that he now knows what level he needs to be at to be world class. He stepped up big time for this fight and will probably step up again after this fight as he now knows he can compete at the top.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bikersk View Post
    Hey Mr Hitmandonny. As always right on the money. Hows your Bub?

Thanks for posting this gest12645 as i thought it was a good fight and gave bit of a drunken RBR on the night. I was hoping Geale would pull off a win as he is a great fighter and seems to be someone who can be good for boxing too. Just with the scoring system it was a decision that could be backed up by the rules. The tape thing would seem trivial and if Geale won the fight on the basis of a point deduction for taping issues then the victory would be hollow. He wouldn't have wanted that either, Geale would have wanted to win the fight fair and square. Not on a technical decision. I agree about the knock down too but it wasn't awarded so it was a bit of bad luck for him. Geale did real well and didn't lose much in losing this fight. The Aussie fans and some real boxing fans abroad have now seen the quality of Daniel Geale as a person and a great fighter and his stocks will rise from that. He is a smart fighter too and after the fight was able to say that he now knows what level he needs to be at to be world class. He stepped up big time for this fight and will probably step up again after this fight as he now knows he can compete at the top.
    Alright mate
    She's doing great, a year already!
    All good with you?

I definitely agree when you say Geales stock will rise, both in terms of repuatation and in terms of boxing ability.
    I think he'll take a lot from this, an educational loss I guess.

Thread Information