Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone played Metallica Guitar Hero?? + Killzone 2

I am so tight on cash this month, but I almost compulsively bought this today know that I would be eating rice and water for the next week... I passed though, but as soon as I have money i'm going to buy it...

I know and love pretty much every single Metallica song and have so for the last 23 years (I got into them when I was 5).. So I don't even care what songs are on there.. All of them will be awesome.... Rocking out guitar style to Master of Puppets is enough alone for me to buy this game.

I used to play guitar and was pretty good at many Metallica songs, but courtesy of a lot of drugs I could barely string together 5 notes of ANY of their songs now.. So rocking out again to their songs on guitar hero will be like reminiscing on the old days..

Who's with me?!!!

Also has anyone played Killzone 2 That one I want as well...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone played Metallica Guitar Hero?? + Killzone 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    I am so tight on cash this month, but I almost compulsively bought this today know that I would be eating rice and water for the next week... I passed though, but as soon as I have money i'm going to buy it...

I know and love pretty much every single Metallica song and have so for the last 23 years (I got into them when I was 5).. So I don't even care what songs are on there.. All of them will be awesome.... Rocking out guitar style to Master of Puppets is enough alone for me to buy this game.

Metallica fanatic, go for it mate, i just bought their album Death Magnetic and Garage Inc. double cd and it cost me a lot. I haven't driven my car for 3 days just to save a gasoline.

What ever rocks your boat
    Hidden Content
    RIP, Crazy Samurai. Thank you for your Drumming.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to play guitar and was pretty good at many Metallica songs, but courtesy of a lot of drugs I could barely string together 5 notes of ANY of their songs now.. So rocking out again to their songs on guitar hero will be like reminiscing on the old days..

Who's with me?!!!

Bah, drugs don't mean shit. If you put the time into it you'll get good again, it's just a matter of committing to it.

I have nothing else relevant to add to the discussion of the game as I loathe all these Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. I'd rather just play the real instrument. Anyways, I just wanted to drop in with some words of encouragement regarding your guitar playing. If you really want to, you can relearn the skill, it just take a lot of time (speaking from personal experience). If you start off slow (IE don't try to play the solo from One right away) with something like Nirvana or (some) Beatles, it'll come back to you.
    Last edited by CFH; 06-08-2009 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Who's with me?!!!

Bah, drugs don't mean shit. If you put the time into it you'll get good again, it's just a matter of committing to it.

I have nothing else relevant to add to the discussion of the game as I loathe all these Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. I'd rather just play the real instrument. Anyways, I just wanted to drop in with some words of encouragement regarding your guitar playing. If you really want to, you can relearn the skill, it just take a lot of time (speaking from personal experience). If you start off slow (IE don't try to play the solo from One right away) with something like Nirvana or (some) Beatles, it'll come back to you.
    The real shame is that I don't have a guitar anymore.. That got sold along with my amp long ago... When I get some money together in the future i'm going to buy a new acoustic guitar... I remember during my teenage angst days, I could sit on my bed and play guitar for hours and it was incredibly relaxing... Would love to start playing again when I get the time..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Who's with me?!!!

Thanks for the message in your rep.... Yeah it's a sad time letting all your stuff go like that... There was only 2 things that I look back on and am incredibly sad about losing during that time. My guitar was one as I used it so often and had every intention of getting it back as soon as my next pay came around, but it just drifted away... The other was a watch my mum bought me for my 21st birthday which was put on loan for money a week later and gone after a month.... Since I turned 18 and was on drugs, I never really had a birthday or have gotten gifts as my parents supported me in all sorts of other ways, but she surprised me getting me that present that year which I only had for a week... Horrible times... But she's supported me the whole time,,, and that was a really good thing that you said your mum bought you a new guitar..... It sounds like having a good mum got you through it like me..... Pretty much all my old friends are still living a mess of a life, but yeah good people around me made it worthwhile to sort myself out....

Anyway, it's inspiration for me to get a new guitar as it was one of the two things that I really missed letting go of...

Thread Information