Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Routine Help Needed - Boxers Physique - Cruiserweight Weight Class

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend me a decent routine. I've attempted many routines, i've increased the intensity of my current routine and i'm seeking opinions, changes, recommendations from your guys in order for me to hit my goal.
    I want to stay in the 180's-190's in weight. I'm 5'11". I'm looking to burn some fat and increase muscle mass. Most boxers have wide frames...are there certain excercises and routines to increase width?
    I've always thought of David Haye as a goal in regards to size and physique in the cruiserweight weightclass.

About Me:

I've been weightlifting for over 5 yrs. I've had many injuries and issues in the years which is why I haven't nearly hit my goals in regards to bulking up in size. I want to change this approach and add lean muscle mass and size.
    I'm 5'11" 190LBS right now. I'm 22% bodyfat. Before I increased my routine and changed up my diet, I was 197LBS at 25% bodyfat. So I lost about 3% BF and 7lbs in total in the past 5-6 mths.
    Now that i'm at the 190...i'm getting a bit worried about my routine. I seem to have lost some mass in my shoulders and i'm looking skinnier which is not what I want. The stomach definitely flattened a lot though which is a great sign. I want to add some lean size back on, but at the same time lower my body fat percentage.

I want to drop the body fat to about 10-12% without dropping below the 180LBS weight mark. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to hit my goals. Some days I train at 5AM and 5PM (before and after work). I'm currently incorporating weight lifting with cardiovascular/conditioning training at home with the sledgehammer, skipping, boxing, pushups and situps.

I've only recently included and increased the cardio and conditioning into my routine.
    As far as my history in training, I used to weight train 5 days a week. I did this for years and put on weight which is what my goal was (I started the gym at 150LBS in weight..I was a toothpick). I ended up at 200lbs last year. I then changed it up, to weight training 3 days a week and abs/swimming the other 2 days. I did that for 6 mths and lost some weight. I experienced minimal change like my fat stomach and love handles going down...not enough change for me though.

For the past 3 weeks, i've been weight training 3-4 days a week and I now do conditioning training at home for 3 nights a week (sledgehammer tractor tire smashing, skipping, boxing, pushups and situps). I now enjoy what i'm doing but i'm not sure if it's enough to reach my goals. I'm usually in the gym for 1hr-1hr15mins and I do my conditioning training for over 1-1/2 hrs at home. I mostly do the conditioning on the weekend, on one of my days off weightlifting, and if I miss a cardio day at the gym. Would I overtrain if I weightlift in the morning and do the conditioning at night? I'm in a relaxed environment all day (office job) so no muscles are being used.
    I'm seeking opinions and advise...should I add more intensity to my routine? Should I do more excercises at home on my conditioning nights? One thing I know is that I need to increase and implement new excercises for my core/abs...any recommendations? Should I change up my weightlifting routine which i'll be posting below?
    Should I add conditioning at night on my weightlifting days? I weightlift at 5AM.

Below is my routine in detail:

Conditioning Routine:
    5-10 mins - stretching and warmup - running, mild skipping
    40 mins Sledgehammer training, skipping rope, Pushups, Siteups.
    30 Mins hitting the bag - boxing.
    I change my weightlifting routine every 3 weeks. I have 2 routines:

Routine 1:

Day 1:
    5x5 Squat
    5x5 Bench Press
    5x5 Deadlift
    3x8 Dips

Day 2: Abs/Cardio
    Ab Crunch Machine
    Decline Crunch - Bench - Sides and Front w 25lb plate
    Exercise Ball Crunch w 45lb plate
    Leg Raises
    1/2 hr Swimming Laps

Day 3:
    5x5 Squat
    5x5 Standing military press
    5x5 Bent Rows
    3x8 Chin-ups

Day 4: Abs/Cardio
    Ab Crunch Machine
    Leg Raises
    1/2 hr Swimming Laps

Day 5:
    5x5 Squat
    5x5 Incline Bench Press
    5x5 Deadlift
    3x8 Dips

Routine 2:

Day 1: Legs/Calves
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    Leg Press
    Barbell Seated Calf Raise
    Calf Press On The Leg Press Machine

Day 2: Abs/Cardio
    Ab Crunch Machine
    Leg Raises
    1/2 hr Swimming Laps

Day 3: Chest/Bis
    Flat Bench
    Cable Crossovers
    Standing Machine Bench
    Machine flies
    Barbell Curls
    Sitting Hammer Curls

Day 4: Back/Tris
    One-Arm Dumbbell Row
    T-Bar Row
    Cable Rope Rear-Delt Rows
    Elevated Cable Rows
    Skullcrushers
    Kickbacks
    Triceps Pushdown - Rope Attachment

Day 5: Shoulders
    Barbell Shoulder Press
    Arnold Dumbbell Press
    Bent Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise
    Bent Over Low-Pulley Side Lateral

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Routine Help Needed - Boxers Physique - Cruiserweight Weight Class

First of all I highly recommend that you visit RossTraining - Bridging The Gap Between Ordinary and Extraordinary. That website (and books sold there) will answer more than I ever could in a single thread.

Thread Information