Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My Top 30 p4p

Man, you have guts. Listing 30 top fighters is like putting your balls between the jaws of a Bengal Tiger.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Man, you have guts. Listing 30 top fighters is like putting your balls between the jaws of a Bengal Tiger.
    yea i'm still stuck at 18 lol

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    That took some thought.Good stuff.P4P rankings are soooo subjective.Some attribute level of competiton,guys defeated and/or all around skillset and ring generalship. I'm struggling hard with Pavlik at # 11
    yea i know, but if you really think about it, apart from the Hopkins fight, when has he really looked bad, i mean he didn't look great against Rubio but that was partially Rubio's fault, he wasn't trying to make it a fight, and when one fighter is doing everything well it's tough
    I hear you.I think thats all part of the interpetaion of it all.Honestly man,Pavlik is a nice guy but he has all of 1 gear.He really did not show improvment off Hopkins loss in with Rubio who was a willing lamb but just getting back in winners colume was a good start.Taylor made some adjustments 2nd time around and Pavlik did show more focused straight jab and punching....but save for hurting Taylor to the body late I had him up by only a point if I remember right.Top of division yeh,but just would'nt have him a p4p top fighter in the world.Good effort on the listings though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

u dont really need a top 30. 20 will do just fine imo.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    well Julius Rain doesn't get that when you say "Donaire is probably at something LIKE p4p #30" well he takes it kinda literal, so i'm up for the task, just taking it apart piece by piece, overall up to now i've done the listing completely un-biased and putting fighter's that i don't necessarily like, but know they deserve to be on the list, such as JML, two said he should be on there, and IMO he does deserve a spot on the top 30, but he hasn't done enough to merit a place in the top 10 or even 15 really

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire's competition is sad, especially after the Vic win. He's just living off of Vic's accomplishments now. You can live off it for so long.

A year from now people will still argue for the guy when he beats more bums, about he would beat this guy or that guy when he hasn't fought any good competition.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Donaire's competition is sad, especially after the Vic win. He's just living off of Vic's accomplishments now. You can live off it for so long.

A year from now people will still argue for the guy when he beats more bums, about he would beat this guy or that guy when he hasn't fought any good competition.
    but he's gonna take on Cazares

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Mijares was overrated, Donaire would have beaten him worse, and Arce hasn't been world class in awhile.

JML I totally forgot about him, I would have him in the top 10 instead of Donaire who would then be 11.

How can either Doniare or JML realistically claim a p4p spot though? They may indeed be the two most talented fighters on the planet but they simply havn't beaten anyone and won the accolades necessary for p4p status yet imo.

Surely to be in the top p4p you need to have been mixing it with and beating world class opponents, winning multiple world titles, maybe conquering one or more weight divisions?

Donaire has only fought one single world class opponent, and he fought that opponent before he became a p4p star. Darchinyan rates above Nonito for me now because of what he has done since that loss in beating Mijares and Arce, moving up and becoming a multiple weight world champ.

Donaire is in the frankly bizarre situation of seeing his stock rise considerably in the past 2 years despite not doing anything at all. If he is p4p number 7 now surely he should have been p4p number 7 two years ago?

And whilst on this subject, how come Chris John isn't in the top 10 p4p seeing as he defeated arguably the p4p number 1 (according to many) J M Marquez? Why does he get no love?

Darchinyan is nowhere near comparable to Marquez in terms of status and talent but a two year old win over him is enough to catapault an otherwise complete unknown to 7th in the Ring rankings ahead of multiple weight and multi title world champs who have been mixing it at the very top against the world's very best like Dawson, Williams, Pavlik, Haye, Adamek etc.

Donaire's inclusion in the Ring top 10 really really bugs me, its such an undeserved ranking imo. JML should not be top 10 either, because he hasn't beaten the elite fighters or won mulitple world titles yet. He has amazing potential though.

Its laughable when you look at Darchinyan's opposition since Donaire and compare Donaires opposition with that.

Darchinyan has fought 5 times with 4 wins and 1 draw against genuine world rated and reigning world champion opposition, Z Gorres, Kirilov, Arce and Mijares is outstanding opposition and his next fight is against yet another world champ in Joseph Agbeko as Vic seeks to move up yet another weight class.

Meanwhile Donaire has fought 3 nobodies, with no world championship experience and who had not fought at the highest level (Maldonado had been ko'd in a world title fight but he was the only one to have got that far) and his next big step up fight is against a former 108 lber who twice lost to Ivan Calderon moving up from minimum weight.

What's annoying is that Donaire will get more props for beating Cazares than Vic will if he gets past the much tougher Agbeko.

Donaire should whup Cazares seeing as a 100 lb man in Calderon, arguably the lightest hitter in world boxing can beat him but I imagine he will probably win a 12 round war and people will hail it as a great thing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Mijares was overrated, Donaire would have beaten him worse, and Arce hasn't been world class in awhile.

JML I totally forgot about him, I would have him in the top 10 instead of Donaire who would then be 11.

How can either Doniare or JML realistically claim a p4p spot though? They may indeed be the two most talented fighters on the planet but they simply havn't beaten anyone and won the accolades necessary for p4p status yet imo.

Surely to be in the top p4p you need to have been mixing it with and beating world class opponents, winning multiple world titles, maybe conquering one or more weight divisions?

Donaire has only fought one single world class opponent, and he fought that opponent before he became a p4p star. Darchinyan rates above Nonito for me now because of what he has done since that loss in beating Mijares and Arce, moving up and becoming a multiple weight world champ.

Donaire is in the frankly bizarre situation of seeing his stock rise considerably in the past 2 years despite not doing anything at all. If he is p4p number 7 now surely he should have been p4p number 7 two years ago?

And whilst on this subject, how come Chris John isn't in the top 10 p4p seeing as he defeated arguably the p4p number 1 (according to many) J M Marquez? Why does he get no love?

Darchinyan is nowhere near comparable to Marquez in terms of status and talent but a two year old win over him is enough to catapault an otherwise complete unknown to 7th in the Ring rankings ahead of multiple weight and multi title world champs who have been mixing it at the very top against the world's very best like Dawson, Williams, Pavlik, Haye, Adamek etc.

Donaire's inclusion in the Ring top 10 really really bugs me, its such an undeserved ranking imo. JML should not be top 10 either, because he hasn't beaten the elite fighters or won mulitple world titles yet. He has amazing potential though.

Its laughable when you look at Darchinyan's opposition since Donaire and compare Donaires opposition with that.

Darchinyan has fought 5 times with 4 wins and 1 draw against genuine world rated and reigning world champion opposition, Z Gorres, Kirilov, Arce and Mijares is outstanding opposition and his next fight is against yet another world champ in Joseph Agbeko as Vic seeks to move up yet another weight class.

Meanwhile Donaire has fought 3 nobodies, with no world championship experience and who had not fought at the highest level (Maldonado had been ko'd in a world title fight but he was the only one to have got that far) and his next big step up fight is against a former 108 lber who twice lost to Ivan Calderon moving up from minimum weight.

What's annoying is that Donaire will get more props for beating Cazares than Vic will if he gets past the much tougher Agbeko.

Donaire should whup Cazares seeing as a 100 lb man in Calderon, arguably the lightest hitter in world boxing can beat him but I imagine he will probably win a 12 round war and people will hail it as a great thing.
    that's exactly what i'm trying to prove, both JML and Donaire have p4p potential no doubt, but neither deserve to be anywhere near the top 10, top 20 maybe, in the top 30 no doubt, but to have Donaire at #7 right now is a joke, and i'll go on the record right now, if Donaire doesn't knock out Cazares he's not as good as everyone thinks he is, Calderon who has pillow fists managed to rock Cazares, so if he lasts longer than 5 it'll be a dissapointment in my eyes honestly

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

that's exactly what i'm trying to prove, both JML and Donaire have p4p potential no doubt, but neither deserve to be anywhere near the top 10, top 20 maybe, in the top 30 no doubt, but to have Donaire at #7 right now is a joke, and i'll go on the record right now, if Donaire doesn't knock out Cazares he's not as good as everyone thinks he is, Calderon who has pillow fists managed to rock Cazares, so if he lasts longer than 5 it'll be a dissapointment in my eyes honestly
    Yeah I see it the same way, I can't think of a single other fighter in recent years who has gotten such off a high ranking for so little.
    He's never even fought let alone beaten a p4p fighter (again Vic was NOT p4p 2 years ago) and apart from the Vic fight he hasn't fought one single world class fighter, take away the Prescott loss and Donaires resume isn't any better than Amir Khans and I'm only half joking.

Now he's one of the worlds best I too will fully expect him to take apart the smaller Cazares who was embarrassed by a man who is technically almost a dwarf.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cazares isn't really smaller and he wasn't embarrassed by anybody, not even a P4P guy

Carry on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys are still biitchin about Donaire being at #7. I see your point about resume comparisons and all. But lemme ask you this. If these two fighters fight again in any weight class, who do you think would win?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Darchinyan may have the better resume, but Donaire still outclass him in every department. Skill, power, speed, stamina, chin, and above all Donaire is way smarter than Darchinyan. P4p doesn't only measured by resume. Basic common sense is also involved. And I'm sure the Ring sees it that way too. DONAIRE IS SIMPLY THE BETTER FIGHTER. Nuff said.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Quinito View Post
    Darchinyan may have the better resume, but Donaire still outclass him in every department. Skill, power, speed, stamina, chin, and above all Donaire is way smarter than Darchinyan. P4p doesn't only measured by resume. Basic common sense is also involved. And I'm sure the Ring sees it that way too. DONAIRE IS SIMPLY THE BETTER FIGHTER. Nuff said.
    IMO a rematch would not bare the same result to be honest, not saying that Donaire wouldn't win, but Darchinyan's not the same fighter he was 2 years ago, Manny Pacquiao isn't the only fighter that can fix the probs in his style and improve on them, and Gorres, Hasegawa, and Montiel all beat Donaire, IMO Montiel stops him cold

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Quinito View Post
    IMO a rematch would not bare the same result to be honest, not saying that Donaire wouldn't win, but Darchinyan's not the same fighter he was 2 years ago, Manny Pacquiao isn't the only fighter that can fix the probs in his style and improve on them, and Gorres, Hasegawa, and Montiel all beat Donaire, IMO Montiel stops him cold
    Hows Montiel gonna stop Donaire cold?

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    well Julius Rain doesn't get that when you say "Donaire is probably at something LIKE p4p #30" well he takes it kinda literal, so i'm up for the task, just taking it apart piece by piece, overall up to now i've done the listing completely un-biased and putting fighter's that i don't necessarily like, but know they deserve to be on the list, such as JML, two said he should be on there, and IMO he does deserve a spot on the top 30, but he hasn't done enough to merit a place in the top 10 or even 15 really
    and you failed.

Thread Information