Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: KLITSCHKO vs CHAGAEV

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: KLITSCHKO vs CHAGAEV

Quote Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
    just watched that klitschko fight and i have to say that unless somebody comes through soon, then i fear for the heavyweight division. Klitschko, although athletic for a big guy, looks to me like he is petrified of being hit, regardless of the opposition. He constantly defies the rules by using his left to hold the opponents head as a range finder and isnt unlike ivan drago outta de rocky film. I think that his sheer size is the only thing going for him and that it cancels out whatever skill the opponent may have.
    That is preposterous, although a common complaint from the people who dislike Wladimir's fighting style.

So Wlad leaves his jab out there....Ali did it, he didn't get penalized for it, why should Wlad? Also Wlad can jab very well when he has his arm already extended and so he's not stiff arming the other fighter which is against the rules. Also when he uses his left arm to turn his opponent, that is also legal to an extent look at Foreman-Frazier.

There have been a ton of guys with the size to be great but not so many with the skill, look at Michael Grant a HUGE guy and he couldn't hang with the big boys. Wladimir is extremely skilled and anyone who doubts that either doesn't know boxing or is a hater

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    After watching this, I have no doubt Haye gets smoked early

You really believe that? I'm not saying I think Haye will win but he'll sur as hell give Wlad a hole helleva' lot more problems than this lump just did. Faster, smarter, and won't sit in front of Wlad with a big bullseye begging Wlad to punch him. You're not using your own product again are you?
    Haye will be out cold the first time the right lands and it will land early. Haye might not "stay in front" of Wlad like Ruslan did, but at least Ruslan keeps his hands up. Haye ain't Roy Jones. He can't get away his sloppy habits against a guy who is bigger, stronger, and more technically sound. Wlad will also use the left hook against Haye. Haye is sparked inside of 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    to be fair klitschko did what he had to do, hes very predictable tho and if u was getting ready for a fight against him ud fancy it big time. i think hes very good at what he does tho and people dont realise that, however after just watching the fight i strongly fancy haye. haye would land that right hand all day long and he only needs to land cleanly once and its zzzzzzzz time. ill put my neck on the line and say i think haye could make it look easy
    So you don't think Haye's chin will be in the picture also? and that Haye will make it look easy heh? That's it I'm done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    to be fair klitschko did what he had to do, hes very predictable tho and if u was getting ready for a fight against him ud fancy it big time. i think hes very good at what he does tho and people dont realise that, however after just watching the fight i strongly fancy haye. haye would land that right hand all day long and he only needs to land cleanly once and its zzzzzzzz time. ill put my neck on the line and say i think haye could make it look easy
    So you don't think Haye's chin will be in the picture also? and that Haye will make it look easy heh? That's it I'm done.
    u no what u have a very valid point there my friend. u can say that both have suspect chins. for me tho hayes speed is the factor. yeah i may very well be wrong, i have been many times before, all im going on is what i see, i think haye will always be first to the punch and this is vital. like i said i may be wrong but i think hayes speed gives klits fits. i think haye kos him in a brutal fashion. thats just my opinion. may i ask how u think the fight will go buddy

El Kabong Guest

IMO Wlad's athletic ability and jab nullify David Haye's speed...I just think Wlad has too much experience and there are too many questions about David Haye, I think this guy is so hyped up in hopes of glossing over his obvious flaws that lesser opponents have already exposed.

David Haye has potential but he hasn't proven anything at heavyweight other than he is a guy who can piss off Wladimir Klitschko the most...did you see his interview after the fight? Wlad doesn't want to beat David Haye he wants to punish him for 11 rounds and knock him out in the 12th...the way Wlad was talking and the way he fought, David Haye wouldn't last 4 rounds with him.

The guys Wladimir fights throw punches in every other fight they have had before or since but the reason they don't let their hands go vs Wladimir is because he hits hard and he doesn't give away angles or clear punching opportunities...that jab just takes the fight right out of guys, they stop looking for punching opportunities and start focusing on avoiding getting nailed with the jab.

That fight vs Chagaev is one of the most dominant performances at the very top of this division I have seen in a long time...Ruslan is no slouch, he's a top level fighter but he was just outclassed and overmatched.

Thread Information