Thread: Lets get something straight!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lets get something straight!

I was thinking Pac should just fight at 147 for the titles, but a fair catchweight for no titles would still be fine for me. Something like 144 is fair for both sides imo.

BTW, the Hatton fans are now saying their man wasn't the same after the Kostya fight, but they sure didn't say that when they were predicting a knockout victory against Floyd and Pac just a few months back. And other lame excuses like his lifestyle came into play.

I swear the Hatton fans are probably the 2nd most annoying fans after Pac fans.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Are people not aware of weight range a title can be fought for? for example: the welterweight title (not the junior welterweight title) can be on the line between the weighs of 141 - 147! Fighters usually cut weigh on point to the maximum limit, in welterweights they prefer to weigh at 147 but weight down to 141 is acceptable. Fighters go for the maximum limit in hope for advantage, rarely fighters will try to weigh less than the maximum limit because of the common belief the heavier you are the stronger you are.

What is all the fuss about pacs catchweight deal? for mosley or cotto? It would be pac first catchweight fight and its not like his a real welterweight. He has fought onces at 135, 140, 147 and it aint like his recent fight was at 147. if he had grown to 147 then a catchweigh wouldnt make sense. But this guy has NOT and cotto or mosley has! I think the catchweight deal is to make the fight more equal and its insane how cotto is an underdog against pac?

Seriously, a year ago anybody that thought pac could fight cotto got laughed at. Now it seems like people are afraid to see pac fight cotto because they know his capable of winning another title from a real champ.

The catchweight deal is basically asking both fighters not to max out on the weight limit. People are saying its unfair to pacs oppenent he has to ask for a catchweight seriously unfair to pacs bigger oppenent!? Maxing out the weight limit is plain as day reaching for advantage. A catchweight is a fair deal between both fighters. Respect it people
    I agree... except, It's not like he's a natural middleweight qualifying to fight in the welterweight class.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    I'd prefer it just be 147 even though Pacquaio would probably weigh no more than 142 or so just because making it a catchweight gives a built in excuse for people that want to whine if Manny wins.

I personally don't think 145 is ridiculous as Cotto said from the beginning that he would fight Manny but at no lower than 145. But still I'd rather just see it be a 147 fight, then it will be just that Cotto was shot, not shot and weight drained. Now who's whining? Me, that's who.
    If he beat Cotto at 147, I would give him complete credit. I've never thought Cotto was as good as many cracked him up to be, and for me whenever in with elite opposition he has either got beaten or left it too close for comfort. However, its well-known that his lifestyle out of the ring isn't always the best & I think pushing him even a couple of pounds could make the difference in how effective he is as a fighter. If Pacquiao beats him at 147 (which I think he can do) I can't see how anyone could complain (although some probably will).
    They will say Cotto was not the same after Margarito, just like how Hatton fans have said Hatton was close to being shot after Kostya.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    I was thinking Pac should just fight at 147 for the titles, but a fair catchweight for no titles would still be fine for me. Something like 144 is fair for both sides imo.

BTW, the Hatton fans are now saying their man wasn't the same after the Kostya fight, but they sure didn't say that when they were predicting a knockout victory against Floyd and Pac just a few months back. And other lame excuses like his lifestyle came into play.

What does that have to do with anything? No one has said anything close to that in this thread.

How could Hatton be shot after the best victory of his (at that point) relatively young career?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's negotiations. Isn't always about dollars, and who can blame Roach for tryin to get an edge for his most prized fighter. I would try to bring the naturally bigger men to a catch weight also. Where this ends up, who knows...but is all about negotiations for now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

What does that have to do with anything? No one has said anything close to that in this thread.

How could Hatton be shot after the best victory of his (at that point) relatively young career?
    They didn't say it in this thread, but the Hatton fans at this forum said that their man wasn't the same anymore after that Kostya fight, saying things like his punch resistance is gone after that fight, and that's the reason why guys like Lazcano seemed to hurt him, blah, blah, blah, excuses. Pacman and Floyd beat him because of that, blah, blah, blah.

To be honest, Pacman should just wipe out the 140 division, fight Floyd for one last humongous payday and then call it a career.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I just don't see the point. The weight classes exist, so why not just follow what exists instead of trying to find loopholes around them. Pac is at 140, Cotto is at 147. If Manny cannot deal with 147 then he should stick it out at 140. It's a simple logic.
    The loop hole is the 24 weigh-in before the fight allowing fighters to gain weight over the limit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And the reason why I brought up Hatton was because his fans were saying he was not the same after the Kostya fight being less punch resistance than before, therefore implying he was getting close to shot, hence why Floyd and Pacman beat him.

The same excuse if Pacman were to fight Cotto at 147 and if Pacman beats him the excuse will be Cotto was shot or close to being shot after Margarito, that will be the excuse.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I just don't see the point. The weight classes exist, so why not just follow what exists instead of trying to find loopholes around them. Pac is at 140, Cotto is at 147. If Manny cannot deal with 147 then he should stick it out at 140. It's a simple logic.
    The loop hole is the 24 weigh-in before the fight allowing fighters to gain weight over the limit.
    It's also a loop-hole that Pac was exploiting at the lower weights, so its not like he's a lonely victim of the 24 hour weigh in. The thing is Pac can probably beat Cotto at 147 so why not fight him there. I agree the weigh ins are bad, especially when you see a fighter weighin about 15-20lbs more than his opponents such as in the ODLH-PBF or Cotto-Jennings fights.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And this is a reason why I am a proponent of going back to fight night weigh ins so guys will be forced to fight at their natural weight. I think Pacman has been coming into the fight at 148 starting back to his days as a Jr. lightweight, but of course he's not the only one to exploit this. Clottey came in at 171 in his welterweight fight against Diego Corrales.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And the reason why I brought up Hatton was because his fans were saying he was not the same after the Kostya fight being less punch resistance than before, therefore implying he was getting close to shot, hence why Floyd and Pacman beat him.

The same excuse if Pacman were to fight Cotto at 147 and if Pacman beats him the excuse will be Cotto was shot or close to being shot after Margarito, that will be the excuse.
    you're really starting to wear it really thin dude, if anyone was to make excuses it would be the king of excuses, Pacquiao himself, the guy blamed his draw to Marquez on his fucking socks for godsake, i can see it now, if Cotto wins all the Pac fans would be, it was cause Miguel was just too naturally big for him

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

They didn't say it in this thread, but the Hatton fans at this forum said that their man wasn't the same anymore after that Kostya fight, saying things like his punch resistance is gone after that fight, and that's the reason why guys like Lazcano seemed to hurt him, blah, blah, blah, excuses. Pacman and Floyd beat him because of that, blah, blah, blah.

To be honest, Pacman should just wipe out the 140 division, fight Floyd for one last humongous payday and then call it a career.
    I've seen almost no one saying things like this. Was Hatton the fighter he was when he fought Tszyu? No, probably not. I personally don't think he looked the same since the beating Collazo put on him, but I (and I would imagine a lot of other people) think that Pacquiao would have beaten Hatton at any point. He's simply the much better fighter.

However, there's no denying that fighters peak and then decline, and Hatton is clearly on the decline. That's no insult to Pac, it just appears to be a fact. In my mind, it doesn't matter though. Pacquiao is a far superior fighter to any version of Hatton and this version of Pac would've beaten him at any point in his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been hearing this 'punch resistance' thing as an Hatton's primarily excuse. I think he'd still get ktfo like that 4 or 5 years ago with the killer punch that Pac inflicted him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In all honesty all that matters to me now is PAC winning his 7th weight div championship, I don't care who he fights catch weight or not. I just want him to make history to be the first boxer to do so.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    In all honesty all that matters to me now is PAC winning his 7th weight div championship, I don't care who he fights catch weight or not. I just want him to make history to be the first boxer to do so.
    I feel like a catchweight will diminish that accomplishment. I'm positive he can beat Cotto at 147 so perhaps that clouds my judgement, but I really think Pac should forget about this catchweight bullshit and just fight at the divisions limit.

Thread Information