Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mark Melligen

Anybody seen this guy yet? Word is he has sparred with pretty boy and most recently was giving Maidana a schooling. His a decent size jr welterweight but I haven't made up my opinion of him since I havent seen much of him.

I think his going to be a sparring mate for pretty boy if ever pac and floyd get scheduled in the ring together.

what yall think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mark Melligen

Yeah I read that too, that he was giving Marcos Maidana a boxing lesson in sparring. If it was at wildcard, that would have been more impressive cause the sparring policy there is all system's go. Only when one sparring partner gets hurt is when they stop, otherwise they totally try to blast each other out, full gear/pads off course.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen a bit of him on youtube, he's not bad, but I got the impression he was a bit chinny, which will probably stop him getting to the top. He's got very good technique, the kind you can learn a lot off, however, I reckon he will become one of these sparring partner kind of guys. That's just down to his chin which I think is suspect, I believe he got KO'd by a Korean guy who was supposedly a weak puncher. I may be wrong, it might be someone else I'm thinkin of. I have to say the way he fights does bear similarities with Pacquiao's, however, he lacks that natural athleticism & speed, particularly on combinations.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KananKrus View Post
    Yeah I read that too, that he was giving Marcos Maidana a boxing lesson in sparring. If it was at wildcard, that would have been more impressive cause the sparring policy there is all system's go. Only when one sparring partner gets hurt is when they stop, otherwise they totally try to blast each other out, full gear/pads off course.
    you know about the reward if anybody knocks down the king right?

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    I've seen a bit of him on youtube, he's not bad, but I got the impression he was a bit chinny, which will probably stop him getting to the top. He's got very good technique, the kind you can learn a lot off, however, I reckon he will become one of these sparring partner kind of guys. That's just down to his chin which I think is suspect, I believe he got KO'd by a Korean guy who was supposedly a weak puncher. I may be wrong, it might be someone else I'm thinkin of. I have to say the way he fights does bear similarities with Pacquiao's, however, he lacks that natural athleticism & speed, particularly on combinations.
    Your right it was at North Korea I believe but I didnt see that fight really, I am not sure if he got ko'ed or it was a decision. If he is chinny his going to need to box more rather than brawl. I dont think he is similar to pac besides the fact that his a southpaw.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Your right it was at North Korea I believe but I didnt see that fight really, I am not sure if he got ko'ed or it was a decision. If he is chinny his going to need to box more rather than brawl. I dont think he is similar to pac besides the fact that his a southpaw.
    There's a great similarity in his foot movement & the way he throws straights. Checked on boxrec, he did get KO'd by a guy with a poor KO record. He's probably one of those guys whose an excellent amateur but struggles to take shots once the headset is off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whats the reward

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post

whats the reward
    $$$$$$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maidana would knock MJM Grand out under the lights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post

whats the reward
    $$$$$$$$
    I thiink it was a thousand and was upped to two grand during the camp prepping for Hatton.

Thread Information