0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default vids of me boxing on the bag and double and bag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo0Ib...e=channel_page

me hitting the bag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xaou...eature=channel

me hitting the double end bag

tell me what you think, what do i need to improve? what am i doing wrong? etc etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: vids of me boxing on the bag and double and bag

I'll just mention a couple of things that I noticed. In the beginning of your heavy bag session, it's like you're shaking your left hand before you jab. Against a boxer this would prompt him to counter jab, or come in quick with a right hand. You don't want to tip off your punches. Your left hand should be held steady, yet relaxed when you punch. Don't lean forward. Your elbows should be touching your body when you're not punching. This protects your body, as well as being the best launching pad for your punches. The hooks need work, and that requires some one-on-one instruction with a good trainer as it's inadequate to learn correct technique online. They'll also be able to help you with your posture, how to stand properly, and how to move.

On the double end bag, the set up is causing the bag to move around erratically. Ideally, the bag should go back and forth thus simulating a punch. I think it's the shorter cord on top that's causing it to move funny. I'd see about putting it outside, with the top cord being longer to give it much better movement.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: vids of me boxing on the bag and double and bag

Ya you're pushing your punches into the bag. Try snapping them into it instead. Plus it has a tendancy when doing that to bring your head forward when as you go, thus making you a target for all sorts of stuff. Work ,ore on snapping them.

Dbl end bag set up, as Chris says, is just wrong. Is too high as well as not balanced. Needs to come down about 6 inches atleast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking Re: vids of me boxing on the bag and double and bag

When you use a jab you want to snap it. Snapping a jab is throwing it out and hitting the bag then bringing it back at the same speed of throwing it out. When you do it correctly the bag shouldn't really move, and it will make a sound of a snap. Also don't lean in with your straight, sit down on your punches to increase the power of your punches "'all in the hips". Simply need more practice, but your on the right track.

Thread Information