Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton Khan

Quote Originally Posted by eleven View Post
    if there were to fight who do you think would be the bookies faviourite ad like to but a bet on hatton it would be easy money
    Before last nights fight Hatton was 4/11 havent checked again go on

WWW.ODDSCHECKER.COM

that will tell you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldnt mind seeing this fight. Obviously Hatton is no longer the fighter he used to be, but he can still bang. I do think after seeing Khan yesterday he will probably take Hatton to a decision. Khan will just dance around and use his jab, fast reflexes and long arms to keep hatton at bay.

ICB Guest

To be honest i think Ricky Hatton's been on the downslide for quite awhile, i know his chin has never been granite. But his terrible life style has caught up to him, and i think he's punch resistance has gone. And i think even mentally he could be ready to go, after two embarrassing KO losses.

Ricky Hatton also doesn't deal well with fast fighters, i think this is a pick em. Ricky Hatton is good at closing the distance down. And when he gets on the inside the body shots are a thing of beauty. And i think he has the power to KO Amir Khan.

But the negative's for Ricky Hatton, is that despite his experience his defense has got actually got worse. He doesn't bob and weave, he leaps in with punches. And his own punch resistance lately has been shakey aswell, i can see Amir Khan countering Ricky Hatton. When he leaps in widly.

But its certainly a 50/50 match up depending on how much Ricky Hatton has left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan would have landed 90 percent of his punches last night if he fought Hatton. That's all I can say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would see hatton winning by early KO or khan winning by late stoppage, but i wouldnt be putting any money on the fight it really is a 50/50 well depending on how hatton fares against next opponent if he meets anyone before khan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

seems like khan would be up for it

BBC SPORT | Boxing | Khan would fight 'friend' Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    I would see hatton winning by early KO or khan winning by late stoppage, but i wouldnt be putting any money on the fight it really is a 50/50 well depending on how hatton fares against next opponent if he meets anyone before khan

Yeah that really is how I see it going; Ricky would fare better early on, he would have to. Like Asian Sensation said basically he'd of been eating alot of punches last night; but though he does seem to wade in and gets tagged alot I can see him being way more effective and keeping Khan locked up better than Kotelnik, and not just letting Khan get off all night without hurting Khan's body. But in a long fight; unless Hatton can keep him from that pace he could end up a mess, cause' he block punches with his face unlike Kotelnik. I said 60/40 but it probably is more 50/50.

I'd love to see how the Brit crowd would side on this; I'm assuming more in favor of Hatton. Wonder how Khan would take that Those things do matter sometimes.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post

Yeah that really is how I see it going; Ricky would fare better early on, he would have to. Like Asian Sensation said basically he'd of been eating alot of punches last night; but though he does seem to wade in and gets tagged alot I can see him being way more effective and keeping Khan locked up better than Kotelnik, and not just letting Khan get off all night without hurting Khan's body. But in a long fight; unless Hatton can keep him from that pace he could end up a mess, cause' he block punches with his face unlike Kotelnik. I said 60/40 but it probably is more 50/50.

I'd love to see how the Brit crowd would side on this; I'm assuming more in favor of Hatton. Wonder how Khan would take that Those things do matter sometimes.
    He coped with the Barrera fight & the Hatton weigh in where he was racially abused en masse, so I think he would be fine. I'd actually be interested to see how much support Khan had. If it was even audible when he came out it might affect Hatton more, as he's never had to deal with any hostility at his fights. But, I suspect it would be about 80/20 in Hatton's favour. I still reckon this is a 50/50 fight, but if Hatton comes out anything like he did against Pacquiao then Khan will avoid him & probably take him out in the middle to late rounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post

He coped with the Barrera fight & the Hatton weigh in where he was racially abused en masse, so I think he would be fine. I'd actually be interested to see how much support Khan had. If it was even audible when he came out it might affect Hatton more, as he's never had to deal with any hostility at his fights. But, I suspect it would be about 80/20 in Hatton's favour. I still reckon this is a 50/50 fight, but if Hatton comes out anything like he did against Pacquiao then Khan will avoid him & probably take him out in the middle to late rounds

So in the Barrera fight he was roote against? I didn't see it. It would really be interesting to see how Hatton dealt with a Brit crowd that had more than a air share of Khan supporters. It eally could be a fun fight; just for he crowd alone You guys are rabid sometimes.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mofo2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Hatton would be on the end of a one sided beating imo.

Hatton cannot react to being hit with combinations. He just can't. Hatton cannot deal with speed.

Hatton is going to hold a high guard against Khan like Kotelnik did. As soon as Khan lets his hands go, Hatton is in trouble. I think it would be interesting for a few rounds but once Khan establishes his range, Hatton would be in big trouble.

Also bare in mind Khan has Roach in his corner. Hatton has Lee Beard.
    Hatton is streets ahead of Kotelnik and although the gameplan might be similar,Hatton has the ability and skill to deliver it...Kotelnik was trying to force a fight he was unable to control because of his inability to adapt in an attacking style..he was picked off!

Hatton would be coming in at angles throwing small combinations,working the body and be relentless.

The only way Khan wins is if he catches Hatton with a Corker in the first round because Hatton is so much more of a complete fighter than Khan, he'd have taken the numerous openings Khan gave to Kotelnik with his low hands on the way out of an attack and would have put him down and probably out!

Khan fought well and TBH I thought he'd have got beat lastnight...but lets not pretend he's beaten a real Great Champion in Kotelnik..he was an efficient fighter at best!
    Let's not pretend Hatton can effectively deliver a game plan here. The last time he stuck to any form of gameplan, barring the Paulie fight was against Kostya Tszyu and the plan was to maul so he didn't get caught with a right hand. It's ok preparing a gameplan to avoid being hit by a single punch (applies to Paulie fight) but it's a completely different kettle of fish when dealing with somebody who can open up with speed whenever he feels like it. What was his gameplan against Mayweather? Close the distance? He managed that alright but he had zero idea what to do once he'd done that.

What was his gameplan against Pacquiao? Steam through him at 100 miles per hour. He had the same plan against Collazo.

So far he's faced 3 guys who throw combinations with very fast hands in each time he has struggled badly. Hatton is far from a complete fighter. He doesn't really have a plan B and that's because he has a lack of skill at bthe top. He can revert to 'boxing' when he's fighting somebody like Juan Urango but against speed he has proved time and time again that he's not good enough to cope.

He might have achieved more in his career and he might be more experienced but against somebody with speed all he can hope to do is go forward with his hands at chest height. He'd eat leather all night. Honestly, i love Hatton to bits but this would be similar to Pacquiao except more prolonged.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eleven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Khan has first to get over Kotelnik and Hatton has first to bounce back from his defeat against an opponent to be named first in order to make this fight possible and interesting. PErhaps it'll make me unpopular here but if Khan shows something very good against Kotelnik, I think that his superior speed and footwork could frustrate Hatton in the middlerun, let's see though, a few steps have to be done before we can speculate a bit more over the issue of that fight.
    khan vs kotelnik was last nyt m8
    I know, I've written that before I watched the news and then realize I have been a bit fast on the trigger. Indeed, I persist in the same vein: Now Hatton has to bounce back from his defeat with a win to spark the interest for the whole thing and then we'll see but I am still sure Khan could beat Hatton. As for the crowd, I am almost positive that the biggest majority will back Hatton if ever that duel happens.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you guys see how many times Khan pushed and out muscled Kotelnik everytime they clinch? That'd be effective against Hatton. Plus, Hatton will have trouble pinning Khan against the ropes with Khan's newly improved footwork. 60/40 Khan for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mofo2 View Post
    Hatton would be on the end of a one sided beating imo.

Hatton cannot react to being hit with combinations. He just can't. Hatton cannot deal with speed.

Hatton is going to hold a high guard against Khan like Kotelnik did. As soon as Khan lets his hands go, Hatton is in trouble. I think it would be interesting for a few rounds but once Khan establishes his range, Hatton would be in big trouble.

Also bare in mind Khan has Roach in his corner. Hatton has Lee Beard.
    Hatton is streets ahead of Kotelnik and although the gameplan might be similar,Hatton has the ability and skill to deliver it...Kotelnik was trying to force a fight he was unable to control because of his inability to adapt in an attacking style..he was picked off!

Hatton would be coming in at angles throwing small combinations,working the body and be relentless.

The only way Khan wins is if he catches Hatton with a Corker in the first round because Hatton is so much more of a complete fighter than Khan, he'd have taken the numerous openings Khan gave to Kotelnik with his low hands on the way out of an attack and would have put him down and probably out!

Khan fought well and TBH I thought he'd have got beat lastnight...but lets not pretend he's beaten a real Great Champion in Kotelnik..he was an efficient fighter at best!
    Let's not pretend Hatton can effectively deliver a game plan here. The last time he stuck to any form of gameplan, barring the Paulie fight was against Kostya Tszyu and the plan was to maul so he didn't get caught with a right hand. It's ok preparing a gameplan to avoid being hit by a single punch (applies to Paulie fight) but it's a completely different kettle of fish when dealing with somebody who can open up with speed whenever he feels like it. What was his gameplan against Mayweather? Close the distance? He managed that alright but he had zero idea what to do once he'd done that.

What was his gameplan against Pacquiao? Steam through him at 100 miles per hour. He had the same plan against Collazo.

So far he's faced 3 guys who throw combinations with very fast hands in each time he has struggled badly. Hatton is far from a complete fighter. He doesn't really have a plan B and that's because he has a lack of skill at bthe top. He can revert to 'boxing' when he's fighting somebody like Juan Urango but against speed he has proved time and time again that he's not good enough to cope.

He might have achieved more in his career and he might be more experienced but against somebody with speed all he can hope to do is go forward with his hands at chest height. He'd eat leather all night. Honestly, i love Hatton to bits but this would be similar to Pacquiao except more prolonged.
    Lets put in to context the defeats against PBF and Manny...the gameplan failed against two of the best fighters of the last 25 years and there is no shame in being beaten so conclusively against both of them...so the failure is a result of losing to better adaptable fighters who he never actually had the ability to beat anyways.

But that does'nt mean he is'nt adaptable because he faced opponents that were better than him and lost! He's had a sucessful career fighting on the attack and its enough against the rest of the fighters in the division who would receive the same fate against either of them!!

Collazo I believe he beat...So the gameplan worked...period

You mentioned the Paulie fight and the way he beat him...For me the comparison to Khan is similar,but Paulie has proved he has the heart to withstand an onslaught..Amir has never had to and that is also counting Kotelnik!

Its all to easy to dismiss Hatton because he lost to 2 ATG's,even though Amir would suffer the same fate against both men!! But he aint no Floyd and he definitely aint no Manny and he would suffer against a powerful fighter like Ricky!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Khan outboxes him for twelve or less and has the footspeed to keep out of the way of the worst Hatton has to ofer. Hatton takes a battering and loses on points or is stopped on cuts. And I wouldn't have said that twelve months ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN SENSATION View Post
    Did you guys see how many times Khan pushed and out muscled Kotelnik everytime they clinch? That'd be effective against Hatton. Plus, Hatton will have trouble pinning Khan against the ropes with Khan's newly improved footwork. 60/40 Khan for me.
    He might have trouble pinning him on the ropes early but Khan is really not that hard to get close to and land your shots,Kotelnik hit Khan to body and head with his left hook but he has no power plus Kotelnik pressed Khan ,he isnt an agressive fighter normally he's a counter puncher.Hatton is an aggressive fight that will get close to Khan and slow him down by going to the body it.Then when Khan slows down he will be able to pin Khan to the ropes and in the corner and cause alot more damage.

Thread Information