Default Cotto Vs Pac official 145lb the agreed weight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto Vs Pac official 145lb the agreed weight

It gonna be a tough fight for both of them,I cant wait.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool can't wait. 145 seems a little pointless to me and I know that will go againsed Pac if Cotto looks terrible but I can't see it affecting him. It would just rule out any excuses afterwards.

Wonder what the percentage split was?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I can say is......

I don't think there's a need to say who I am picking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If its guna be at 145 why not just make it at 147 so its a proper Welterweight fight against a legitimate Welterweight world champ.

Pacmans guna be quicker than Cotto, Cotto looks to have slowed down a little since the Margarito loss. And i dont care what anybody says Pacman hits hard.

But, ive said this constantly, had Hatton fought a smarter fight and just managed to live with Pacman a few rounds im convinced Pacman would seriously struggle with Hattons power. And Cotto hits harder, alot harder. No matter how perfect you fight and no matter how good your defence, unless you take your opponant out very early your guna get hit at some point.

And i just cant see Pacman doin to Cotto what he did to Hatton. Its gotta be a Cotto win by KO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good news. I'm glad both men came to an agreement and made the fight. I can't wait to see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ukansodoff View Post
    If its guna be at 145 why not just make it at 147 so its a proper Welterweight fight against a legitimate Welterweight world champ.

Pacmans guna be quicker than Cotto, Cotto looks to have slowed down a little since the Margarito loss. And i dont care what anybody says Pacman hits hard.

But, ive said this constantly, had Hatton fought a smarter fight and just managed to live with Pacman a few rounds im convinced Pacman would seriously struggle with Hattons power. And Cotto hits harder, alot harder. No matter how perfect you fight and no matter how good your defence, unless you take your opponant out very early your guna get hit at some point.

And i just cant see Pacman doin to Cotto what he did to Hatton. Its gotta be a Cotto win by KO.
    I agree to a certain extent... Cotto is a Boxer puncher who thankfully can more than live with Pac.. Hatton was born and bread a swarmer and he only knows one way.

I agree I think Manny will have a hard time ascertain Cotto's power. Miguel is a seriously underrated counterpuncher. He did it to Mosely, Margacheato and even to tight defense Clottey. I really think Pac is going to get F**ked up in this one, Way to much to bite off

El Kabong Guest

It should be at 147, it's a shame it isn't....Pacquiao may be in BIG trouble, however, Cotto caught some shots off of Judah that didn't sit well with him, he's going to have to be on point to beat Manny, that's for sure!

This is going to be like Hagler-Hearns, only I have no clue who the hell is Hagler

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao is going to beat him.

Cotto from his last performance takes a lot of punches lately a lot more and seems to wilt if he can't get you out of there, Clottey isn't nearly as fast as Pacquiao and probably doesn't hit as hard either. I can see Pacquiao overwhelming Cotto down the stretch. He just has too much power and too much speed against a Miguel Cotto who seems to forget what defense was since the beginning of his career. Cotto at this stage in his career needs someone he can walk down or someone that will fade late. Pacquiao he is going to do neither to. Pacquiao only gets stronger as the fight goes on and Cotto can't afford to take the middle rounds off in an attempt to come on late because Pacquiao can come on late. Cotto's neutralizer is his power and body punching, the body punching that Marquez seemed to slow Pacquiao with. But I really can't see Cotto coping with the multiple punches thats going to be raining down on his head. He got hit way too much in his last fight, if that was Pacquiao in the ring with him he'd have been knocked out before the 8th. So if Cotto is going to win this he needs to stop going in with the mentality that he'll eventually knock him out. Regardless I'm going with Pacquiao via 8th round stoppage. You need to have a strong mind to beat someone like Pacquiao and Cotto's mentality hasn't been the same since the Margaritop fight. When Pacquiao's starting to rain in punches on him and doesn't stop then he's going to wilt again. Cotto has power no doubt, but he doesn't have the mental strength anymore like Marquez did to deal with Pacquiao. Cotto especially after the Clottey fight is probably in mental strays. He loses to Margarito then the issue with the gloves comes up builds him up a little then he wins his next fight, and then he goes in against Clottey and starts to get busted up again and until Clottey slowed down late he started looking like the Cotto who was wilting against Margarito. Pacquiao is much faster then Clottey and hits harder, he just isn't as big. But Clottey didn't exactly have to impose his will on Cotto to hit him so that isn't much of a factor.

Pacquiao via late stoppage around the 8th round. Cotto is a good good fighter but he mentally isn't the same, and its that edge that he lacks that's gonna cost him.
    Last edited by Majesty; 07-20-2009 at 08:03 PM.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fight of the year 2009

Cotto V Pac is done...

Pacquiao-Cotto blockbuster set - Boxing - Yahoo! Sports

I think this is gonna be a barn burner with Pac coming out on top. Its gonna be a great fight.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Pac is gonna win, but I'd love to be surprised. I wonder how he'll respond after taking some good punches from Cotto. It should be a good fight, I can't wait.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fight of the year 2009

Nov. 14th can't come quick enough. I'm picking Pac by decision, but this won't be an easy fight.

Doesn't Pac want to retire soon and go into politics? I should still like to see him fight Floyd if he wins; or go up to JMW and make Cintron cry I know, that's stupid Where does Pac go if he loses?...retirement or rematch or maybe a final fight with JMM
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its gonna be a Pac ko or stoppage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fight of the year 2009

i actually dont think this will be fight of the year. IMO it will be pretty one sided. Pac by ko.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really enjoy watching both of these fighters and I can't say that I'm rooting for one more than the other. All I'm hoping for is a good clean fight with minimal controversy - I think both men deserve a lot of credit for making the fight happen. Matches like this are great for the sport! More fights of this caliber and the casual viewer will start to take notice.

Thread Information