Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan-Maidana In The Works?

Quote Originally Posted by KKisser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    i see. just the filipino pac fans who you decided in your mind are all like saddoboxer.
    ummm when the hell did race get involved, get over yourself and your crush for Pacquiao, and on that dude you should be embarrassed to have Banal there, he's a joke, went running from a fight against an old man in Lopez lol
    ok, i take that back, but get over yourself man. don't go hatin on everyone who backs up pacquiao. you're the one who's embarrassing yourself
    i don't hate on everyone that backs up pacquiao, but get tired of nutthuggers that throw his name into threads that have nothing to do with him in anyway, and the ones that think he'll win without ever giving a reason other than, he's pacquiao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ummm when the hell did race get involved, get over yourself and your crush for Pacquiao, and on that dude you should be embarrassed to have Banal there, he's a joke, went running from a fight against an old man in Lopez lol
    ok, i take that back, but get over yourself man. don't go hatin on everyone who backs up pacquiao. you're the one who's embarrassing yourself
    i don't hate on everyone that backs up pacquiao, but get tired of nutthuggers that throw his name into threads that have nothing to do with him in anyway, and the ones that think he'll win without ever giving a reason other than, he's pacquiao
    yeah? show me a post where you figured i'm a nuthugger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see Khan avoiding Maidana for 12 rounds, heck Maidana could very
    likley catch him early and stop him.
    Chances are this fight won't happen though, especially if Khan stays with Warren...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can see Khan stopping him but at the same time Maidana has power and Khan's chin isn't solid.

Still think Maidana is too wild and open to fast flurries. If Khan can take a half decent shot at 140 then he has little trouble here. If he can't, he's fucked.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It could be the weight issues where Khan was chinny at a lower weight but maybe his chin has improved, because he was a big lightweight and it could be struggles there. Examples would be Oscar De La Hoya and Miguel Cotto who were chinny at the lower weights but didn't become chinny at the higher weights.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    It could be the weight issues where Khan was chinny at a lower weight but maybe his chin has improved, because he was a big lightweight and it could be struggles there. Examples would be Oscar De La Hoya and Miguel Cotto who were chinny at the lower weights but didn't become chinny at the higher weights.
    Maybe his 1.5% body fat did him in

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When has ODH ever been considered chinny? Serious question.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    I think Maidana is very beatable, not that he's not talented, but as long as Khan fights his fight then I think he can beat him maybe even stop him (probably prematurely) with a barrage of punches in the corner. Maidana lacks any quality defensive skills & as good as his win against Ortiz was, I felt that if Ortiz had been a bit smarter rather than trying to blow him out in the 2nd & then going to war he might have won. I don't think Khan will get drawn into Maidana's fight, although there is every chance that Maidana's right hand connects & lays Khan out.
    I agree with all that. Maidana is a decent fighter, but he is somewhat predictable. He likes to lead in with the same power shots over and over again, with a careful planned strategy he can be worked out and outboxed. Ortiz was just too gungho and didn't think and paid the price.

I think Maidana will land and it's all about if Khan can take it. I'm not so sure he can, but it will be interesting to see.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan will probably win this.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    I think Maidana is very beatable, not that he's not talented, but as long as Khan fights his fight then I think he can beat him maybe even stop him (probably prematurely) with a barrage of punches in the corner. Maidana lacks any quality defensive skills & as good as his win against Ortiz was, I felt that if Ortiz had been a bit smarter rather than trying to blow him out in the 2nd & then going to war he might have won. I don't think Khan will get drawn into Maidana's fight, although there is every chance that Maidana's right hand connects & lays Khan out.
    Agreed im not that impressed with Marco Rene Maidana, to be honest. I think he beat Andriy Kotelnik, but again Andriy Kotelnik is nothing special. I will give Amir Khan credit if he takes this fight though, because despite Marcos Rene Maidana being a crude fighter, he's still a banger and its still a dangerous fight.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    When has ODH ever been considered chinny? Serious question.
    I think he means because ODLH was floored alot, in his early career. But they were flash knockdowns i don't really think that says, he was chinny. Where as Amir Khan has been badly hurt when he's been knocked down, against fighters like Willie Limond who couldn't crack an egg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan will get badly clocked if he takes this fight now,especially this soon after he won the WBA title,Maidana would chage at Khan and badly ko him to the canvass.I read that Freddy Roach even stated that he is willing to avoid and even let Amir Khan give away his WBA title belt due to Maidana being soo risky.NOT MUCH OF A FIGHTER IF KHAN DOES'NT STEP UP TO THE PLATE!I feel that there'll be some kind of loop hope towards this fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Ortiz, the guy Maidana just beat, would have a much better shot at beating Khan.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I think Ortiz, the guy Maidana just beat, would have a much better shot at beating Khan.
    For what it's worth they fought in the Junior Olympic final and Khan gave him 3 standing counts before the referee stopped it. Ortiz couldn't even come close to dealing with Khan's speed.

Although things could be different now but i reckon Khan would be well confident and i'm not so sure Ortiz would be keen on the fight.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    Khan will get badly clocked if he takes this fight now,especially this soon after he won the WBA title,Maidana would chage at Khan and badly ko him to the canvass.I read that Freddy Roach even stated that he is willing to avoid and even let Amir Khan give away his WBA title belt due to Maidana being soo risky.NOT MUCH OF A FIGHTER IF KHAN DOES'NT STEP UP TO THE PLATE!I feel that there'll be some kind of loop hope towards this fight.
    He's 22. Nothing wrong with him taking a couple more learning fights given he is with a new trainer. This is the reason he didn't need to go for a title yet though. Eventually he is going to have to defend it against somebody who can bang and is willing to risk it all to catch him. He'd have been better honing his obvious skills on some undercards but that was never ever going to happen. Shame really.

Thread Information