Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Schaefer working on Mosley and a B-Hop fight

Richard Schaefer in Big Apple to wheel and deal - ESPN

Schaefer is in NYC to finalize a deal for Mosley and Berto and continue talks for B-Hop and Adamek. I think Mosley handles Berto fairly well and maybe KO's him, but is anyone concerned about B-Hop not fighting in a long time??

Both fights I am looking forward to though

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Schaefer working on Mosley and a B-Hop fight

Mosley KO's Berto around the 8th round. Hopkins takes a point win over Adamek.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last week Hopkins was talking about facing the Dawson - Johnson winner. He ever said he wanted to have a contract in place before their fight occurred.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah i hope shane wins on points that way he'll look just old enough for pbf or pacman to fight him....bhop id rather see him fight dawson...but i'll take the adamek fight. Although it will be another pavlik-bhop fight...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn't Berto first have to fight Collozofirst? I thought he was his mandatory defence? I can't see him fighting Shane till 2010 anyways. Berto-Mosley is not really a fight I'd be looking forward to.

BHop needs to do SOMETHING-ANYTHING!!! I use to be the biggest Bernard fan but he's really put me off the last 3 or 4 years. Fight Adameck or the Johnson-Dawson 2 winner or go away.

Berto W12 Mosley
    Adameck W12 Hopkins
    Dawson W12 Johnson

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jdonaher1 View Post
    Doesn't Berto first have to fight Collozofirst? I thought he was his mandatory defence? I can't see him fighting Shane till 2010 anyways. Berto-Mosley is not really a fight I'd be looking forward to.

BHop needs to do SOMETHING-ANYTHING!!! I use to be the biggest Bernard fan but he's really put me off the last 3 or 4 years. Fight Adameck or the Johnson-Dawson 2 winner or go away.

Berto W12 Mosley
    Adameck W12 Hopkins
    Dawson W12 Johnson
    No, he doesn't have to fulfill a mandatory until next year as he has already fought Collazo this year. Anyway if he does fight a mandatory it's more likely to be Selcuk Aydin as Collazo wanted more money than HBO would offer for the fight as a whole, & more than Berto will probably earn facing Mosley.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Last week Hopkins was talking about facing the Dawson - Johnson winner. He ever said he wanted to have a contract in place before their fight occurred.
    That's what I heard from B-hop's last ESPN interview. I would rather have him fight the winner of Dawson/Johnson than see him against Adamek.

Shane and Berto would be a good one while it lasted. Shane would eventually expose him but it will be good for the first couple of rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally i think Bernard will beat either Dawson or Johnson.

But as for Mosley vs Berto i think Berto takes it. Hes fast and hes a good boxer and has youth on his side. not saying that Mosley cant win just that i give berto a better chance of winning this fight if it comes off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bernard is special. To go up to cruiserweight to fight Ademak is brave. To fight Dawson if he wins would be a good challange. Johnson loses against Bernard like last time. I like those fight prospects. Ademak fans seem like they dont want him to fight Hopkins. Ademak would make more money then he ever has. Bernard talks up alot of money compared to any other opponent and he has a chance to beat a legend.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see Mosley/ Berto, Mosley has to move on & stop hanging around waiting on Pacquiao. Berto is the perfect opponent to fill time & stay active. Mosley by KO!

I'm fine with Hopkins/ Adamek, its an opportunity for Hopkins to win another championship & equal Pacquiao with 3 Ring titles in 3 weight classes. I remember him saying recently that he wanted the winner of Dawson/ Johnson 2, but what was wrong with making that fight 1st? Instead of staying on the sidelines inactive for nearly a year now? Don't get me wrong I'd like to see Hopkins face the winner of Dawson/ Jonson but it just seems that he has been holding the division to ransom a little...
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    I'd like to see Mosley/ Berto, Mosley has to move on & stop hanging around waiting on Pacquiao. Berto is the perfect opponent to fill time & stay active. Mosley by KO!

I'm fine with Hopkins/ Adamek, its an opportunity for Hopkins to win another championship & equal Pacquiao with 3 Ring titles in 3 weight classes. I remember him saying recently that he wanted the winner of Dawson/ Johnson 2, but what was wrong with making that fight 1st? Instead of staying on the sidelines inactive for nearly a year now? Don't get me wrong I'd like to see Hopkins face the winner of Dawson/ Jonson but it just seems that he has been holding the division to ransom a little...
    I'm just not on the BHop bandwagon right now. I think he's going to have a tough time with all 3 of the aforementioned fighters. His biggest win is from a middleweight in Pavlik.
    If Hopkins got outworked by Jermaine Taylor a few years ago, what makes you think he could be a really good young fighter in Dawson?

Glen Johnson is an X-factor fighter like BHop so I think that would be a split decision for one of the two. Neither man has be legitimately hurt in the ring.

And Adamek.. I still remember him as that square fighting Light Heavyweight he was just a couple years ago, but he is bringing more to the ring than he had two against his epic fights with Paul Briggs. He's got a whole country behind him; he has honed his boxing skills; And he is bigger and stronger than BHop.

In all sincerity, I think all of these guys beat Hopkins today. I know someone is going to negative rep me or something, but it's just my opinion. I am really not bias. I just think the best is past.

This guy is such an idiot he said Pavlik would KO Hopkins once and for all!
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

I'm just not on the BHop bandwagon right now. I think he's going to have a tough time with all 3 of the aforementioned fighters. His biggest win is from a middleweight in Pavlik.
    If Hopkins got outworked by Jermaine Taylor a few years ago, what makes you think he could be a really good young fighter in Dawson?

Glen Johnson is an X-factor fighter like BHop so I think that would be a split decision for one of the two. Neither man has be legitimately hurt in the ring.

And Adamek.. I still remember him as that square fighting Light Heavyweight he was just a couple years ago, but he is bringing more to the ring than he had two against his epic fights with Paul Briggs. He's got a whole country behind him; he has honed his boxing skills; And he is bigger and stronger than BHop.

In all sincerity, I think all of these guys beat Hopkins today. I know someone is going to negative rep me or something, but it's just my opinion. I am really not bias. I just think the best is past.

This guy is such an idiot he said Pavlik would KO Hopkins once and for all!
    I agree with you that he'll have a tough time with all 3 guys, but they're all elite guys. Plus add in the fact of Hopkins age & its amazing the level he's still performing at...

I never said Hopkins would win, just that I wouldn't mind seeing him face the winner of Dawson/ Johnson & since Johnson gave Bad Chad such a tough time the 1st time around I wouldn't be surprised if Hopkins won!

You do know that Hopkins KO'd Johnson years ago right?

The fact Adamek went life & death with Briggs twice, makes me think Hopkins owns him!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I misread the title as: Schaefer working on Mosley vs B-hop

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins should retire all these fights win or lose will do nothing to his legacy except keep it the same or hurt it

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Hopkins should retire all these fights win or lose will do nothing to his legacy except keep it the same or hurt it
    That's an interesting point. I think a fight with Adamek would benefit his legacy, but honestly (and I could be wrong) I think Hopkins is much more interested in lining his pockets and being the center of attention that improving his already excellent legacy.

Thread Information