Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Audley Harrison enters the Prize fighers

Audley will be in the Prize fighter on October 2nd at the York Hall.Also entering it is Danny Williams.not sure who else is in it though.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Audley Harrison enters the Prize fighers

no way!haha.
    He'll either lose first round, or even worse win the thing and start talking about how his new mentality will see him win a world title before his 40th birthday!
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sky sports news.its not on the website yet tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman89 View Post
    no way!haha.
    He'll either lose first round, or even worse win the thing and start talking about how his new mentality will see him win a world title before his 40th birthday!

Your 110% right either way,i lost all hope on Harrison years ago.Im sick of hearing this,"I'll be world champ one day!"Thing about Harrison thats his down fall is that he has no desire,not enough Heart and has no aggression whatsoever!!
    I hope Williams wins it to be honest,i like Williams though he does blow hot and cold most times!
    Last edited by yvonne; 08-17-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    no way!haha.

Your 110% right either way,i lost all hope on Harrison years ago.Im sick of hearing this,"I'll be world champ one day!"Thing about Harrison thats his down fall is that he has no dire,not enough Heart and has no aggression whatsoever!!
    I hope Williams wins it to be honest,like Williams though he does blow hot and cold most times!
    yea i'd like to see williams win it. The only thing Harrison is useful for now is as a name on the record of the likes of Fury, Chisora, Price.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Audley is the future that time forgot, just wait and see

A-Force 2010
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no way!haha.

Your 110% right either way,i lost all hope on Harrison years ago.Im sick of hearing this,"I'll be world champ one day!"Thing about Harrison thats his down fall is that he has no dire,not enough Heart and has no aggression whatsoever!!
    I hope Williams wins it to be honest,like Williams though he does blow hot and cold most times!
    yea i'd like to see williams win it. The only thing Harrison is useful for now is as a name on the record of the likes of Fury, Chisora, Price.
    I tell you what mate,i'd love to see Harrison vs Fury,once and for all if Fury is the real deal at heavyweight divison then he could well put Harrison out forever.I hope that fight gets made,it would be a really good match up and test for both fighters!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Audley is the future that time forgot, just wait and see

A-Force 2010

or 2011, or 12...13? 2014 perhaps?
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I tell you what mate,i'd love to see Harrison vs Fury,once and for all if Fury is the real deal at heavyweight divison then he could well put Harrison out forever.I hope that fight gets made,it would be a really good match up and test for both fighters!
    would be an interesting one, it could be made i reckon. But while Fury does gain a name on his record if he wins, imagine if he lost?! He would be finished! A loss to Audley at this stage would be a pretty big blow to recover from!
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

would be an interesting one, it could be made i reckon. But while Fury does gain a name on his record if he wins, imagine if he lost?! He would be finished! A loss to Audley at this stage would be a pretty big blow to recover from!
    Cant see Fury losing really.Three things that a boxer needs as basic foundation,is 1)Desire to win every fight,2)Heart to continue and 3)Aggression to push for a win!And Harrison has'nt got one of them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha I said a few weeks ago that his next appearance would be on Prizefighter. I said it to mock him though, but it seems it truly has come to that.

I'd like him to win it, he looked genuinely devastated after his loss to Rogan and I hate to see talent go to waste that much.

It wouldn't suprise me at all if Audley and Danny get matched at some point and Audley blows him away again and then calls out David Haye for beating him up in sparring in front of Lennox.

Any news on the other entrants?

I don't suppose Chisora or Fury would touch this with a barge pole, Michael Sprott will want in though I'm sure.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats pretty cool really... he always had stamina issues so this might just be the first time he excites

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard that the boxers in it are

Danny Williams
    Audley Harrisson
    Michael Sprott
    Scott Gamer
    Michael Holden
    and some unbeaten guy called Danny ( forgot surname )

I cant verify this info as accurate though so its just hearsay. Therefore no use to anyone and for those of you who continued to read this I have completed wasted vauable seconds of your life that you will never get back and continue to do so as I prolong the explanation as to why you should not be reading this.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

heres the full PR i got on it should be a good one .....

WILLIAMS AND HARRISON IN PRIZEFIGHTER HEAVYWEIGHTS III

MATCHROOM SPORT’S hugely successful Prizefighter returns in October with a new look and arguably the most exciting crop of British heavyweights ever assembled under one roof.

Taking place at London’s iconic boxing venue, the York Hall in Bethnal Green, on Friday, October 2, Prizefighter – the Heavyweights III - features former British, Commonwealth and European champions going for glory in a night where careers are on the line.

British Heavyweight Champion, Danny Williams, the man who effectively ended the career of Mike Tyson, steps up to the Prizefighter plate and will be joined by Olympic gold medallist, Audley Harrison, who will be looking to resurrect his career one more time.

“I'm looking forward to competing in the next instalment of Prizefighter,” said Harrison from his training base in California.

“I've been waiting for a solid opportunity to return to the ring and I intend to show my career is far from over.

“I have history with most of the fighters competing and I couldn't have written a better script for my return.

“When I retire, I will tell my story and people will understand why my career faltered, but I truly have found my passion again for boxing,” he added.

Williams is delighted at the possibility of revenging a previous defeat at the hands of Harrison; “When I was first asked to be part of this year’s Prizefighter, as British Heavyweight Champion, I wasn’t sure,” he said.

“But when I heard that a certain celebrity boxer would be involved I knew I had to be part of it! This year’s Prizefighter will be off the hook!”

Both though, will have plenty of competition in former British & Commonwealth Heavyweight Champion Michael Sprott, who will also be looking to rejuvenate his career.

A pair of highly-motivated former British Champions in Scott Gammer and Michael Holden both dust off the gloves after time out of the ring and will pose some tough questions come show time.

Coleman Barrett, 26 year-old and undefeated, will be looking to give his career a boost at the expense of his more illustrious rivals, while Danny Hughes, another undefeated prospect, is looking to do the same.

Making up the eight for the York Hall is Scott Belshaw, who will be looking to emulate the feat of fellow Ulsterman Martin Rogan whose heroics won him the inaugural Prizefighter title.

With seven 3 x 3 minute round fights, Prizefighter’s explosive all-in-one-night concept goes from strength to strength. With an £80,000 prize fund - the highest in Prizefighter history - as well a gilt-edged opportunity to get right back into contention, the assembled line up is the strongest yet by far.

Every punch of every round of every fight will be live on Sky Sports from 8pm on Friday, October 2.

“We’re certainly looking to raise the bar here for future Prizefighter events and all of these fighters are desperate to win this title,” said promoter Barry Hearn.

“There will be plenty of different styles and strategies on display and with a total of ten fights between these eight in the past, I’m sure there will be plenty of needle.

“Previous Prizefighter champions have gone from strength to strength and I am anticipating another action-packed evening of explosive power.”

For more information visit Matchroom Sport Ltd or The Prizefighter Series

Tickets cost £40 (unreserved) and £80 (ringside) from 01277 359900.

THE EIGHT PRIZEFIGHTER CONTENDERS
    Name: Danny Williams
    Home town: Brixton, London
    Professional record: W41 (31 by KO), L7, D0, No Contest 1. Total 49 fights
    Achievement: Current British Champion, fought for WBC title, defeated Mike Tyson

Name: Michael Sprott
    Home town: Reading
    Professional record: W31 (16 by KO), L14, D0. Total 45 fights
    Achievement: Former British and Commonwealth Champion

Name: Audley Harrison
    Home town: London / Las Vegas
    Professional record: W23 (17 by KO), L4, D0. Total 27 fights
    Achievement: Olympic Games gold medalist

Name: Scott Gammer
    Home town: Pembroke, Wales
    Professional record: 18 (9 by KO), L4, D1. Total 23 fights
    Achievement: Former British Champion

Name: Michael Holden
    Home town: Manchester
    Professional record: W10 (6 by KO), L9, D0. Total 19 fights
    Achievement: Former British Champion

Name: Scott Belshaw
    Home town: Lisburn, Northern Ireland
    Professional record: W10 (7 by KO), L2, D0. Total 12 fights
    Achievement: Former Irish Amateur Champion

Name: Coleman Barrett
    Home town: Wembley, London
    Professional record: W8 (2 by KO), L0, D0. Total: 8 fights
    Achievement: Undefeated

Name: Danny Hughes
    Home town: Sunderland
    Professional record: W6 (1 by KO), L0, D1. Total 7 fights
    Achievement: Undefeated

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cont.....

NOTES ABOUT PRIZEFIGHTER
    -Eight competitors in the same weight fight in four quarter-finals, two semi-finals and the final with all the action happening in one exciting night of boxing.
    -Each contest lasts a maximum of three rounds with standard boxing rules applied.
    -If there has not been a knockout or stoppage then the winner will be decided by three scoring judges at ringside.
    -The winner of Prizefighter – Heavyweights III will receive £32,000, the runner-up gets £16,000, losing semi-finalists receive £8,000 and beaten quarter-finalists collect £4,000. The total prize fund is £80,000 - £11,000 more than for previous Prizefighter tournaments.
    -A draw will be held before the event to find out which boxers will fight each other in the four quarter-finals.
    -This will be the eighth Prizefighter competition. The first – Heavyweights I – was held in April 2008. The others staged were Heavyweights II (September), Welterweights (October), Middleweights (November), Light-heavyweights (February), Lightweights (March) and Cruiserweights (May)
    -The event website is The Prizefighter Series

Thread Information