Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tavoris Cloud....Title or not I don't..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tavoris Cloud....Title or not I don't..

I don't like this kid...Not big on his attitude...He has zero sportsmanship....A bit of an attitude problem I noticed it in the Gonzalez fight last yr as well....It is not the heat of the moment type attitude either.....It is the IO think I am king shit attitude.....

I wish Woods was more active last night and put this kid on the shelf with his first loss....

He has really beaten no one of consequence but Woods...Julio was waaay past it and just absorbed shots all night long....

I hope this kid thries his luck at another aging ex champ like Johnson who isnt on the slide so much and gets his ass handed to him....

Better yet put him in with Dawson for a uni bout and dispose of him all together....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tavoris Cloud....Title or not I don't..

Yep, obviously thinks of himself as a bit of a badass.

It particularly annoyed me when Woods put his gloves up to touch Clouds gloves sometime in the 12th and once again Cloud ignored him and went on the attack. I know it isn't a tickling contest as Hatton likes to say all too frequently, but Cloud had Woods well beat and there wasn't much time left. Might as well show some respect and acknowledge the other guy. Woods is a decent guy and a solid pro, only a muppet wouldn't want to show the same respect back. It annoyed me. Otherwise, I though Cloud fought really well, he is very strong and attacks quite ferociously. He isn't easy to like though. He came off a bit weird in the post fight interview too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Yep, obviously thinks of himself as a bit of a badass.

It particularly annoyed me when Woods put his gloves up to touch Clouds gloves sometime in the 12th and once again Cloud ignored him and went on the attack. I know it isn't a tickling contest as Hatton likes to say all too frequently, but Cloud had Woods well beat and there wasn't much time left. Might as well show some respect and acknowledge the other guy. Woods is a decent guy and a solid pro, only a muppet wouldn't want to show the same respect back. It annoyed me. Otherwise, I though Cloud fought really well, he is very strong and attacks quite ferociously. He isn't easy to like though. He came off a bit weird in the post fight interview too.

You cant deny his ability to attack and he can make for some exciting bouts but the whole attitude thing makes me want to see him starched...

Like you said there was no reason not to touch gloves with Woods Clinton tried more then once during the fight...I think he his Cloud low or behind the head once and he tried to touch gloves Cloud blasted him for it....

The whole badass thing isnt working for me with him.....

Not a fan he is not good for the sport and he is a b class fighter with zero defense (When woods did throw he landed at will with the jab).....

Enough with the "I am a thug be scared of me" attitude.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had the fight like the judges, not a beat down like Teddy..

I agree Cloud is fast and attacks but he is susceptible to the jab and does get hit. Cloud also has overrated power. I think Dawson would beat him by a wide margin.

I agree with you on the sportsmanship, I was hoping at the end of the fight Woods caught the SOB and at least dropped him........

El Kabong Guest

I don't blame Cloud for what he did to Woods...Tavoris isn't in the ring to make friends, but he fights fair, and honest. Woods fouled him a number of times ON PURPOSE and you don't HAVE to touch gloves when someone fouls you.

I like Tavoris, but he does have to work on his defense, no way he is going to go far getting hit that often by guys like Glen Johnson.

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: Tavoris Cloud....Title or not I don't..

Yeah I agree, the attitude is cliche I grew up poor and boxing was a way out blah blah blah thats life for a lot of people Tavoris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

badass attitude? i didn't see any of that last night. he came across quite well in the interview.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I don't blame Cloud for what he did to Woods...Tavoris isn't in the ring to make friends, but he fights fair, and honest. Woods fouled him a number of times ON PURPOSE and you don't HAVE to touch gloves when someone fouls you.

I like Tavoris, but he does have to work on his defense, no way he is going to go far getting hit that often by guys like Glen Johnson.
    What Lyle said, it ain't like Woods doesn't know how to play it rough, I quite liked that whilst he was in there he seemed to be constantly trying to take the other guy out.

Shame Woods career will probably end like that. He's been a tough champion & he's a guy no one can accuse of not looking to fight the best, he was in no way protected like other fighters & deserves credit for that & always wanted to fight the best. Look at how he chased Calzaghe for years.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's pretty raw...as a fighter and presenting himself.Thrust onto a big stage first time.Don't really think he's trying to act a tough guy,just borderline ignit on the mic .I really think his defense is lax,is right hand happy & thinking he'll have a rough go facing a strong jab and fast hands.Not a finisher at all.gave Woods 3-4 rounds.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whether its bush league or not, its fair game now though, if you try to tap gloves with Cloud during a fight now you deserve to get KTFO.

He's relentless and he seems to be working on his skills, but they do need more work.

El Kabong Guest

He is right hand happy and I thought all he needed to do was feint with the right and throw the left hook OR invite a right hand and counter with an uppercut instead of trying to counter with another right cross.

Cloud MUST improve: head movement, more consistent workrate, controlling distance, DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE, he got hit waaaay too much.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    I don't like this kid...Not big on his attitude...He has zero sportsmanship....A bit of an attitude problem I noticed it in the Gonzalez fight last yr as well....It is not the heat of the moment type attitude either.....It is the IO think I am king shit attitude.....

I wish Woods was more active last night and put this kid on the shelf with his first loss....

He has really beaten no one of consequence but Woods...Julio was waaay past it and just absorbed shots all night long....

I hope this kid thries his luck at another aging ex champ like Johnson who isnt on the slide so much and gets his ass handed to him....

Better yet put him in with Dawson for a uni bout and dispose of him all together....

He is now in a bad place because his options are tough fights. As for his attitude, I think it might be because he is uneducated (I doubt he evenr graduated from grade school). While it's no real excuse, he comes from abject poverty of the worse kind. He can barely talk. Boxing is all he knows, but his manager should teach him how to behave after a fight so that he can show a bit of respect.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

El Kabong Guest

He'll have a chance to polish up in his education soon because he's not going to have to work any other job other than just be a boxer.

I think Cloud could really make a statement if he was able to KO Tarver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Cloud and am looking forward to see him again. He is aggressive, and he never stops. It was that agressive, take no prisoners attitude, that he used to force his way out of dire poverty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

He is now in a bad place because his options are tough fights. As for his attitude, I think it might be because he is uneducated (I doubt he evenr graduated from grade school). While it's no real excuse, he comes from abject poverty of the worse kind. He can barely talk. Boxing is all he knows, but his manager should teach him how to behave after a fight so that he can show a bit of respect.

Like I stated mate I like his style of fighting and will make some exciting bouts but show some class

Thread Information