Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather-Marquez 24/7 Drinking Game

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    yea, i hate it though when they're backing one fighter and when things go south, they quickly jump shit, Manny Steward does this all the time, and usually throws in a bullshit "i had a feeling this was going to happen"
    Lol, I can almost hear him saying 'well, I always said it was gonna turn out this way' & the viewers saying 'no you fuckin didn't'. I guarantee if Marquez knocks Floyd spark out with the first punch of the fight, Steward will say 'well, nobody saw this outcome... ALTHOUGH I had a funny feeling that the time off would affect Mayweather'.

Ruined my thread man...ruined my thread.
    Sorry bro, but I think Marquez ruined your thread once he started drinking his own piss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    i'm not implying that you scored it with a biased mentality, i was referring to Taeth who is always biased towards his favorite fighters, i scored both fights (DLH/Mosley II & DLH/Mayweather) by what i saw, and not by what the dickhead commentators were saying, DLH clearly beat Mosley the second time out and IMO that was robbery, i had DLH winning 4 of the first 6 rounds, constantly backing Floyd to the ropes using his jab, and landing it plenty, once Floyd was on the ropes (in the first half) he would basically cover up or try to grab, after the 6th i didn't have DLH win a round till the 12th
    I used to think DLH/Mosley was a robbery, than I watched it without Foreman, Lampley & Merchant & I have to say I had Mosley 115-113. We all like to think that the commentators don't affect our opinion of the action, but basic human nature says it must. How else can you explain almost all of press row that night scoring it for Mosley?

I think only had Oscar winning rounds 2,6 & 12 against Floyd if I remember rightly, just didn't feel he was controlling those other rounds. I'll agree Taeth is biased for Mayweather/Berto/Pacquiao/Dirrell/Rigondeaux etc.
    see i can respect your opinion cause you don't just thrash other people for disagreeing with you, unlike Taeth, i've watched Mosley/DLH II without commentary and come up with the same score 116-112 for DLH i felt he controlled most of the first 9 rounds, and Mosley took over a bit winning 3 of the final 4 rounds, agree that HBO's commentators are usually biased, but hey i'm not a drone lol
    Hey if I am biased then it must be for Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez, Hopkins, Wright, Dirrell, Rigondeaux, Gamboa, JML, Cotto, Berto, Haye, Wladimir Klitschko, Nonito Donaire, Kessler... the list goes on this is just off the top of my head.

I am biased for clean landing punches. I love Hopkins but I didn't think he dominated Winky Wright because he couldn't land very many clean punches. I like Marquez more than Barrera, I don't think he was that much more effective. I like Mayweather more than Zab Judah, that doens't make me think he won the first four rounds of that fight. I really like Calzaghe, I still think the compubox numbers were bs in his fight against Hopkins. I like really like Chad Dawson, I don't think he beat Glen Johnson(who I don't like).

The first time I saw Trinidad-De La Hoya I thought Trinidad was the best fighter in the sport, way back when, and when I saw that fight I was thinking damn Oscar is making him look stupid, at that time i thought Tito was the shit, afterwards I thought I didn't know boxing. Then saw Trinidad against Hopkins, I thought Trinidad would win for sure, but Hopkins dominated him. I went into watching both those fights not knowing the outcome.

Morales which of the first four rounds did you give to Mayweather?
    the first round where he landed the only solid punches?
    The fifth round when Mayweather staggered Oscar off the ropes?
    The 3rd round where Oscar didn't get anyhting done, and Mayweather landed clean precise punches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post

Ok Taeth, how about this...

I have Jose Luis Castillo LANDING and THROWING 2x as many punches as Mayweather in their first fight. Mayweather wins lopsided decision.

So, with DLH, do the punch numbers matter if you are throwing pepper while your opponent is throwing steel? One out of 20 of Mayweather's shots were actually thrown with any intent.
    Mayweather-Castillo I had crap scorecards, I had Mayweather by one round, but when did Castillo double Mayweather's output or landed punches?

Also Mayweather is a natural 130 pound fighter, and it was Oscar that got hurt if either of them did in that fight.
    Sorry to go off topic but Mayweather is NOT a natural 130 pounder.

He might of been for a few years but he isn't now and hasn't been since he starved himself for FOUR days to make weight for the Jesus Chavez fight back in 2001.

He has spent more years OUT of the superfeather weight division than in it.
    You think he can even get to 135 these days? I dont think so Teath.

The whole ''he's a natural ______'' is a redundant argument where young, developing fighters are concerned. You can't tell me that Manny Pacquiao is a natural 130 pounder. You can't tell me Paul Williams is a natural 147 pounder. Every weight that Roy Jones Jnr fought at was natural bar Heavyweight.... Same goes for Oscar Dela Hoya (again, bar middleweight).

You just cant go around labelling these guys as natural anything other than the weight they are fighting in... Or at least the weight of their opponents
    Mayweather was putting on weight to move up from 130 as soon as he beat Corrales. He moved out of 130 and 135 with a lot of work in the weightroom which made making weight for Chavez and Ndou tough, but its not because he was too big for the weight classes. You can tell by his diminishing punchstats and his progressively more and more defensive style that Mayweather moved up quicker than he should have. Mosley, Margarito, Cotto, Berto, Clottey, Collazo all have weighed in around 160 for welterweight fights, MAyweather comes in at 150 tops. That is ten pounds smaller than these guys. You can't say he is naturally the same size as guys that walk around 30-40 pounds heavier than him.

To go back to the biased thing, go back a few years and you will see I hated Pacquiao, I hated Calzaghe, I hated a lot of guys. Now I like most of the top fighters. I am biased towards skill in all forms, and thats it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie View Post

Mayweather-Castillo I had crap scorecards, I had Mayweather by one round, but when did Castillo double Mayweather's output or landed punches?

Also Mayweather is a natural 130 pound fighter, and it was Oscar that got hurt if either of them did in that fight.
    Sorry to go off topic but Mayweather is NOT a natural 130 pounder.

He might of been for a few years but he isn't now and hasn't been since he starved himself for FOUR days to make weight for the Jesus Chavez fight back in 2001.

He has spent more years OUT of the superfeather weight division than in it.
    You think he can even get to 135 these days? I dont think so Teath.

The whole ''he's a natural ______'' is a redundant argument where young, developing fighters are concerned. You can't tell me that Manny Pacquiao is a natural 130 pounder. You can't tell me Paul Williams is a natural 147 pounder. Every weight that Roy Jones Jnr fought at was natural bar Heavyweight.... Same goes for Oscar Dela Hoya (again, bar middleweight).

You just cant go around labelling these guys as natural anything other than the weight they are fighting in... Or at least the weight of their opponents
    Mayweather was putting on weight to move up from 130 as soon as he beat Corrales. He moved out of 130 and 135 with a lot of work in the weightroom which made making weight for Chavez and Ndou tough, but its not because he was too big for the weight classes. You can tell by his diminishing punchstats and his progressively more and more defensive style that Mayweather moved up quicker than he should have. Mosley, Margarito, Cotto, Berto, Clottey, Collazo all have weighed in around 160 for welterweight fights, MAyweather comes in at 150 tops. That is ten pounds smaller than these guys. You can't say he is naturally the same size as guys that walk around 30-40 pounds heavier than him.

To go back to the biased thing, go back a few years and you will see I hated Pacquiao, I hated Calzaghe, I hated a lot of guys. Now I like most of the top fighters. I am biased towards skill in all forms, and thats it.
    I wouldn't say he was naturally the same size as Clottey and Margarito, but then i wouldn't say they were natural Welterweights

Also, can you please varify your comments on Mayweather using weight to bulk up to 135?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information