Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather vs Marquez

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs Marquez

I think Mayweather wins by a SD. I feel he is going to get busted up by Marquez and for the first time in his career will be forced to dig deep. He's not going to look pretty at the end, but should come out victorious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want Marquez to win this one BADLY! I see this fight as the skeptics do, a mismatch. I hope Marquez shocks the world and myself as well...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On paper this is a whitewash for Mayweather.Speed of hand and foot,defense is impeccable,patience of a wallflower.Honestly did not like this fight when it was made,Marquez at this stage and age belongs no where near 144 within a year of jumping to 135 and off two give and take scraps with Casa and Diaz & is too bulky and tight.I think Mayweather believes he has an easy mark for the ripe picking in JMM with visions of that over rated bs p4p #1 slot in mind that he has seen pass him by... see's this as an instant re establishment after self imposed hiatus....with Manny in the back of his mind.Laugh it up but I think Marquez is a bit in Mayweathers head and am picking JMM on punch selection and accuracy,Mayweathers long inactivity & fighters desire.The deck is stacked,but I think Marquez wants it more.Assumptions be damned.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't even really see this as even a fair fight. Marqez unlike punk ass mora is just a real fighter and would never say no to an opportnity reguardless of the odds. He has no real advantage over floyd anywhere but I expect him to put up a good effort and all blah blah, the real loosers will be us for having to listen to months of bs about how much marquez wasn't this and wasn't that to build up another fight floyd will have no problem winning against PAC. Marquez won't get his credit for trying and floyd won't for beating him. Either of them. Same ole story just switch the name of the so called "chosen one" every couple if months.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Mayweather is going to make a statement and stop him inside 6 rounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez gets stopped in the ninth, are we forgetting that Marquez was struggling with old man Cassamayor who is about 5 years past his best at that was at 135, also Diaz gave him hell till he stopped him again at 135, this will be as easy fight for Mayweather.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd by KO!
    Has every single adavantage other than activity and has 2 rarely mentioned things going for him, Marquez's inability to evade punches and his hands being better than in recent memory due to the layoff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather by UD. Although a Marquez win would be better for boxing than PBF win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I picked Mayweathouside er because Marquez can't deal with fighters. Mayweather is going to out point Marquez almost ever round.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I went with the safe pick of Mayweather, but I think it'll be a very tough fight. Marquez is coming to win... he has nothing to lose in this fight, which makes him dangerous imo. I wouldn't be surprised if Marquez pulled of the upset, he is a brilliant fighter & won't go quietly. Floyd maybe in for a shock!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather will win.

I hope Marquez gets the upset though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I went with Mayweather. As said before, he has everything Marquez has and more.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=Tysonbruno;782211]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    Everytime he has stepped up in weight if he has come from 130lbs to 154lbs i would say he has fought bigger guys
    Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post

Has PBF ever fought bigger guys?
    Not even sure that warrants a response..
    I was just wondering. Not everyone is an expert on his career. I wasn't making a statement about him as a fighter in the least. I was only asking because maybe a style to potentially beat him would be a bigger brawler or a bigger counter-puncher etc. It seems as though he is staying at welterweight and that this may be his natural weight class, but he hasn't fought an elite, natural or big welterweight yet (Clottey, Margarito, Williams, Cotto, Mosley etc.) and he's been fighting there for more than three years. So, other than ODLH, who has he fought that has been bigger?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=Rantcatrat;783558]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysonbruno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Not even sure that warrants a response..
    I was just wondering. Not everyone is an expert on his career. I wasn't making a statement about him as a fighter in the least. I was only asking because maybe a style to potentially beat him would be a bigger brawler or a bigger counter-puncher etc. It seems as though he is staying at welterweight and that this may be his natural weight class, but he hasn't fought an elite, natural or big welterweight yet (Clottey, Margarito, Williams, Cotto, Mosley etc.) and he's been fighting there for more than three years. So, other than ODLH, who has he fought that has been bigger?
    Both Corrales & Castillo were bigger fighters than him, watch the fights & you'll see it. So was Baldomir who regardless of whether you consider him elite or not was the legitimate welterweight champ of the world.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SRR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by themacmagician View Post
    Probably more out of desire than logic i'm going for Marquez to win. I just think that Mayweather has only fought 3 good to very good opponents in the last 8 years, being Castillo back in 2002, DLH in 2007 and Hatton in 2007.

Castillo gave him a damn good go. De La Hoya had a fantastic chance to win if he hadn't ran out of steam and Hatton had a perfect style for Mayweather, steaming right in onto counter punches. Thinkin about this, and the fact that Marquez won't run out of steam like DLH, won't jump in hands down like Hatton and has better speed and variety of punches than Castillo i'm givin him a good shot. I also think that Marquez won't be much smaller atall than Mayweather and will just lack in reach. He also won't be that much slower, PAc is so so fast, and he didn't have a terrible problem in hitting him atall...

Last thing is that aside from TKOing a complete "shell" of good fighters in Gatti and Mitchell, and KOing a terrible defense in Hatton, Mayweather hasn't KO'd or beat up anyone of very good or great or of note atall for years, probably since Corrales.

Heres to hoping and rooting for JMM.......
    I agree with pretty much all of this. Voted with my head [Mayweather], but I'm hoping Marquez can learn from DLH and pull this one out. That fight was very close and as you say, if DLH had had the stamina he would have won on points. Marquez has proven he can nullify speed with incredible timing against Pac, and my only worry is that he opens up too much and gets pot-shotted all night. The weight difference isn't going to be as huge a factor as some people are thinking - I reckon there'll only be 4/5 pounds between them by the time they step between the ropes. In anycase, Marquez can do this, it's just a case of him being smart and not allowing Mayweather to fight his fight - which, admittedly, will be no easy task.
    I dont think Marquez will ever got back to his old style. He has fully transformed now into an aggressive boxer so yeah it looks like he will get pot shotted all night.

2 weight classes is alot in boxing to jump but at this elite level its a very big ask of Marquez who is pretty old aswel. Its all against him in that aspect but what he does have going for him is due to Mayweathers inactivity he will have slown down abit and his timing will be off. Having seen Marquez train he looks alot thicker set but slower too so those things cancel each other out.

I see it being just like Castillo - Floyd 2.

Thread Information